1/6 Hot Toys - MMS314D12 - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the colors on this more than my mk43, mk7 stealth or WM mk2. Other than some re-glueing issues, it's my favorite of those four. I like Iron Man obviously, but I don't like that every main IM is red and gold. I'd rather buy variant colors of the major armors.

For those of you who have taken delivery of this figure, what's the best way to remove the tape/plastic (whatever it is) from the metal flaps on the back, behind the shoulders? It appears taped onto all four of them, and I can't figure out an easy way to get it off without risking breaking off the metal flaps.

They are a pain in the rear. I tried a few things on mine. Tweezers and an exacto knife work well. I cut the film in a few spots and used the tweezers to pull them apart. And I used a hair dryer on one which heats the sticky part so it's easier to come apart. Then just pulled it apart.

They are a pain in the rear. I tried a few things on mine. Tweezers and an exacto knife work well. I cut the film in a few spots and used the tweezers to pull them apart. And I used a hair dryer on one which heats the sticky part so it's easier to come apart. Then just pulled it apart.
I agree, they are a pain, and thanks for the idea. I'll give it a try.

Honestly, I'm growing weary of receiving a Hot Toy figure and dreading the process of unboxing it. I know it's a first-world problem and I'm keeping perspective on it, but every one of these figures seems to come with some sort of headache associated with simply getting it set up for display. Over the last year, I've had some that make it nearly impossible to remove the batteries without risking damage to the figure, some IM3 figures with defective bases that won't accept the threads from the support posts (requiring DIY fixes or exchanges), some with defective or broken parts, some that required internet research to decipher the setup directions, and many that required a multitude of tools to get them set up (exacto knife, set of small screwdrivers, jeweler's pliers, etc.). On more than one occasion, I have not been able to solve some aspect of the setup process. The stress of worrying about accidentally damaging them - simply as a result of the setup process - negates much of the joy of receiving them in the first place.

Part of me almost regrets ever starting to collect these expensive and frustrating figures, and in truth, I think I'll be glad when I've filled out my display cabinets and wind down on purchases of them.

Last edited:
Just play with it and enjoy. You won't get anything back if you tried.
This one's going to bomb because of its articulation, but it looks damn good.

Lucky bastards that catch this one in the clearance.

Love the figure but hate the stand, Jaymig926 showed a way to have it look like it the two go together with the cool pose. Why HT did not use the same stand as the red Mk III DC version is beyond me other than being cheap. The film on the flaps/fins is a real pain to remove, I used a hobby knife to get it off.

I finally got mine
I love the colors on him, they are truly amazing to see .... The box art is by far my favorite packaging art used for Ironman . Good stuff

Back