Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta be quick on the draw. I want one too but not bad enough to pay almost $100. If I don't score one Ill just continue using the helmeted head on STRIKE Cap.

I bought a STRIKE body with upper suit attached because I was going to mod it for the V shape(and I like to keep 1 stock) but when my 2 pack came in it was OK, not great but tolerable. Now I gotta return the spare body.

Okay, got it in the correct thread this time!

Just had the chance to actually try out the figure in a few different poses and I have to say that, after some minor adjustments to get better articulation from the arms and trying to make the chest a bit bigger, this figure is pretty awesome! I was thinking I'd get AOU Cap hoping it would turn out better, but now, it's probably more for the traditional colours more than anything. Happy enough with this one for now. Will think about AOU Cap as it gets closer to release.

Sorry about the quality of the pics: Low light and no tripod plus I lowered the resolution. A couple of the pics are from the first post.

View attachment 169450

View attachment 169451

Ready for anything!
View attachment 169452

Just ignore Logan's fly-revealing pants. Forgot to adjust them.
View attachment 169453

Stand off.
View attachment 169454

Pain in 3, 2, 1....
View attachment 169455

View attachment 169456

View attachment 169457

Classic shield up pose from a different angle. Doesn't look as nice in real life 1/6, so I left the shield sideways.
View attachment 169458

After a LOT of customizing, I am finally happy. Fat suit gone, bulked up the body in the right places. repainted the face and hair and weathered everything. Got rid of the weird red on the shield, changed the belt, and then a LOT of futzing. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_5544.jpg
    IMG_5544.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_5540.jpg
    IMG_5540.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 578
What's the deal with with trying to get a spare Rogers head? Few weeks ago I checked MonkeyDepot and they only had the helmeted one. Then it eventually went it of stock. Today I saw both sculpts show up. When I went to order it said it out of stock. Was it really in stock? How does one get one? The charge crazy on EBay. I can understand if it's old release but Jeez this guy was just released. And I hate guys that buy up all the stock and try to resell. All I want is one head not 10. Sorry just needed to vent.

If there is a part(Or parts) from a recently released figure that you *really* want, you need to camp out every night on Toy Anxiety, Monkey Depot and Black Ops Toys.
You need all sites open in your browser with an appropriate search string of the part you want in the search window, and you need to be logged in to your account. You need to refresh the page every five minutes until new product goes live and when it does(And if your chosen item is in stock), you need to add it to your cart and checkout as fast as humanly possible. There will be fifty people doing the same thing(Maybe more), and the first to checkout gets the parts, regardless of who has it in their cart.
As they tend to add new product at 01:30 GMT time, you can appreciate the lengths i have been going to(And have to go through *every* time they part figures i want) in order to secure the sculpts i have bought.
You don't get dibs by adding it to your cart unfortunately.
When the Steve heads went live at Toy Anxiety for the first time, i had only just refreshed the page three minutes before, so i knew they had *just* gone live. There were no limits on heads, and i got six into my basket but only five were there when i checked out. And i checked out in less than 20 seconds.
They go *that* fast.
Also last week, when they went up at Monkey Depot, i added three heads, checked out, then added five shields, checked out *again*, then went for a spare suit, gloves, boots and finally five bases, in a third checkout.
I paid shipping each time(Which i don't mind, even though they all shipped in one box), just to get the parts i needed before they sold out.
It's all about how fast you can check out.
But.
The bootleg sold by Kit is the exact same product, just with a *slightly* different paint scheme. They cost half of what even TA and MD charge, and still look good.
I bought ten of the bootlegs and still think think they look fine.
In the following images, more than one are bootlegs, and more than one are official.
Can anyone tell what are bootlegs?

A130E3AD-0A18-4ADC-AB18-8CCA8B1A6741.jpg

FADE6B14-42A1-44F7-9BD2-1314006E66BA.jpg

1B9BB2C9-7814-48EF-BB45-B68342388DCD.jpg

6EE4B9A2-C09F-410B-9A3A-618CA10C4556.jpg

The genuine Hot Toys heads are the two in the front roll, the bootlegs are at either side of the Rescue Uniform Captain

In the following images, more than one are bootlegs, and more than one are official.
Can anyone tell what are bootlegs?

A130E3AD-0A18-4ADC-AB18-8CCA8B1A6741.jpg

The genuine Hot Toys heads are the two in the front roll, the bootlegs are at either side of the Rescue Uniform Captain

The two at the front are official. But the rescue Cap and SSM are bootlegs. The one on TFA Cap is official also.
Just to let you know that in a display, it can be hard to tell, even with them side by side.

After a LOT of customizing, I am finally happy. Fat suit gone, bulked up the body in the right places. repainted the face and hair and weathered everything. Got rid of the weird red on the shield, changed the belt, and then a LOT of futzing. What do you think?

Amazing! :clap

attachment.php

Yes very nice indeed JazzInc.... :clap one of the best looking STRIKE Caps I have seen :duff

Stealth Cap is my most modded figure ever..

1st mod : Added foam on shoulders, add foam on chest.... cut the blue rubber vest along the two lines to enable the arms to rest naturally (instead of out wide)... The cutting of the blue rubber vest is my most regretful mod as it caused both sleeves to open up...

Result : Chest still too skinny, shoulders too squarish, cause the short neck look..

2nd Mod: Added more foam on the chest.... remove the fat suit at abdomen area.

Result : Chest looks bigger n better... but shoulders still too squarish... the abdomen looks hollow without the fat suit, lower part of the suit is flabby...

3rd & Final Mod : Removed the shoulder foams, Reinstate back the fat suit at abdomen area, pushed both arms as low as possible to create the shoulders drapping down effect like the actual Cap on movie....

As u can see, both sleeves opened up due to the cutting of the blue rubber vest underneath.... most regrettable mod....

Shoulders drape down look, not squarish.... HT should hav used a TM20 (Arnold) Body rather than a shoulder squarish body...

Overall im satisfied with my 3rd mod...

Got this yesterday. This is seriously one of the hardest and most restrictive figures to pose that I've ever had. I don't plan on modding. I was able to get him in a pose I'm happy with. I will probably have him hold the knock off RWB eventually.

Is there a shop where I can buy parted out stuff from this set, similar to Monkey Depot...
Shipping from them is killer.... $55 for $20 items :slap

Black ops has parts. Toy anxiety also. I ordered a body with suit this week myself. Need a head and boots...

Back