Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Caps an extra full shirt, pants, and belt from Ebay. Ebay is loaded with a lot of parted out costume pieces right now, plus a lot of the sellers overseas have free shipping.

Can someone post the link on how to add a V shape to the body? Or does someone have a simple way to do the mod that doesn't require sewing and removing the entire suit? I just got my combo and I'm not digging that boxy body.

Using parts from this set to make a US Agent Cap. Still a WIP. Helmet will be painted black, as will the shield.

1C892D64-6D14-4D6F-AF35-5524DEE3FE3D.jpg

36BAF84E-9058-4E6D-84F9-8ABF792B1CA2.jpg

EAE61C4D-E81A-450D-9C6D-7F131C5E0544.jpg

Stealth Cap is my most modded figure ever..

1st mod : Added foam on shoulders, add foam on chest.... cut the blue rubber vest along the two lines to enable the arms to rest naturally (instead of out wide)... The cutting of the blue rubber vest is my most regretful mod as it caused both sleeves to open up...

Result : Chest still too skinny, shoulders too squarish, cause the short neck look..

2nd Mod: Added more foam on the chest.... remove the fat suit at abdomen area.

Result : Chest looks bigger n better... but shoulders still too squarish... the abdomen looks hollow without the fat suit, lower part of the suit is flabby...

3rd & Final Mod : Removed the shoulder foams, Reinstate back the fat suit at abdomen area, pushed both arms as low as possible to create the shoulders drapping down effect like the actual Cap on movie....

As u can see, both sleeves opened up due to the cutting of the blue rubber vest underneath.... most regrettable mod....

Shoulders drape down look, not squarish.... HT should hav used a TM20 (Arnold) Body rather than a shoulder squarish body...

Overall im satisfied with my 3rd mod...

Nice one Sunnycrowe. The third time definitely turned out the nicest!

That's pretty much the same mod I did (stuffing foam around the lower chest and around the traps). Yours looks pretty good around the waist but mine still looks a bit wide there but I'm fine with it.

I did retain the fat suit but did not cut the blue vest for mobility as I had heard that would ruin the suit. I figured the only thing hindering the arm articulation was the amount of slack the blue rubber vest would give, so all I did was slide the suit up from the abs until it bunched up a bit around the chest area.

It can now almost put the arms down to the side (not as much as yours) and I can raise the arms up (with elbow bent) above his head (pics in my earlier post).

But overall, I think for anyone who wants the figure to have more definition (in relation to the head and waist size) but don't want to cut up or permanently alter the stock figure, this kind of mod is the easiest and safest.

Good job again, someone else thinking along the same lines :)

Got this yesterday. This is seriously one of the hardest and most restrictive figures to pose that I've ever had. I don't plan on modding. I was able to get him in a pose I'm happy with. I will probably have him hold the knock off RWB eventually.

Hi Rambler, I don't know if the suit stretches and loosens a bit over time (?). I don't have it in stock condition anymore but the range of mobility in his arms seem to go further the more I pose them around. Chest and waist still quite tight though. Can anyone else confirm this?

My last payment comes out in a weeks. Can't wait. Wish it was sooner. But right around my B-day so not bad. I like the looks of the mods being posted, but not sure I'll try them myself. May still pick up an extra sheild on ebay to do the dry brush paint job though. Just counting the days. :impatient:

My last payment comes out in a weeks. Can't wait. Wish it was sooner. But right around my B-day so not bad. I like the looks of the mods being posted, but not sure I'll try them myself. May still pick up an extra sheild on ebay to do the dry brush paint job though. Just counting the days. :impatient:

I believe you can request to pay it off early.... you should have recieved an email about it

They're usually good about changing payments. I asked for my AOU Cap to be changed to a single payment and they agreed right away as well

I think this is a better pose. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_5560.jpg
    IMG_5560.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_5561.jpg
    IMG_5561.jpg
    783.7 KB · Views: 340
Back