Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the tips man!

Would the tissue paper trick work on Strike suit version? Just curious

Should do. It's even easier if you can get access to the body. You can just fold up "pads" of tissue and build them up in layers, and tape them to the body.

Also is that Strike Cap that you just showed us modded in anyway? what did you do?

Yes. I bought the body, suit and parts from Toy Anxiety(I have the two set on the way, but wanted to have the Strike figure displayed with and without helmets, while still having the Steve figure). There is no fat suit under the costume, and after fitting the sleeved top, and the tunic on top, i didn't zip the tunic closed. Instead, i used double sided carpet tape to hold the left side of the tunic further closed than it would be with just the zip closed, then crossed the right side of the tunic 3/4 of an inch over the top of the left, sewing them together. This tightens the bottom of the tunic, and makes the pants slightly more baggy at the rear, so i used that extra half inch of velcro on the fly area to close the pants further closed than normal. Of course, THIS made the belt too loose, so i removed the little snaps and re-sewed the one that closes the belt at the rear into a tighter position so the belt keeps the pants even tighter at the top.
It all keeps the shoulder width, but ties in the waist a little for more of a V shape. I was tempted to cut the arms from the sleeved top so they would be wild of the lower part which just seems like a strange choice on HT part(Kind of like the Avengers Thor arm pieces), but i will wait till i get my two set to see what more is needed on this "custom"(Even though made from all HT original parts).

8AB78F62-4702-4D78-8FBC-404CC52D7A44.jpg

DF889B9C-2AA0-497E-8F4B-D597D6B5487B.jpg

E8CD2A0D-D970-4259-A857-2A69C6090C8A.jpg

Alright all,

Got my Single Cap in and I have to say I love it! Very well done figure. Head Sculpt is just excellent. Looks exactly like Chris Evans. Yulli killed it! Paint is fantastic as always. The costume is damn accurate and looks great. My favorite part has to be the small American Flag and Rogers detail. Just too cool. I think the chest looks bulky enough. Like you all I do agree. The fat suit hinders the articulation poorly. Mine was so stiff as a rock it was very hard to take pics and pose him. Minor issue my figure came with was on his belt on the right in the front one of the little pieces came crooked. Not a big issue. I'm not going to mod mine I think it looks great the way he is. Looks great displayed and for the poses I did get out of him he's awesome. The Die-Cast shield is a bonus. What a beauty! Very good figure indeed. Bad ass to a tee so here's some pics I took! Enjoy all! I highly recommend this figure even with the upper body restrictions.

Ryan

1z55cvl.jpg

24x3n81.jpg

feqy46.jpg

imnqy0.jpg

Hi all, long time lurker (7 months maybe?), first time poster! Just signed up today. :D

I've been looking at all of these posts regarding "to mod or not to mod" ever since the first reviews started coming out and I couldn't really decide until my figure arrived. There have been some cool ideas so far from everyone.

So finally having him in hand, I thought "mod..." (reasons, later).
I'm not sure how much of a difference it looks in the photos, but it's quite an improvement in person. It's basically a similar suggestion to what Username has done with stuffing things into the suit. As I was doing it, and looking through all the posts I wondered why no one had thought of it yet and then Username posted it ha!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have also made adjustments to try and reduce "gorilla arms". Not sure if it's changed much from the stock figure.

If anyone is interested, I am more than happy to go into detail the next time I log in. Pics in the PDF, will post higher res pics next time.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading!

View attachment HT Cap WS.pdf

Man, I got my Steve figure all together and with the onesixkit metal shield he has no shot at standing upright. Is the Hot Toys diecast heavy as well? I don't see that being an issue on most people pics. Maybe my ab joint is too loose?

Man, I got my Steve figure all together and with the onesixkit metal shield he has no shot at standing upright. Is the Hot Toys diecast heavy as well? I don't see that being an issue on most people pics. Maybe my ab joint is too loose?

No, the official Hot Toys shields are much lighter than the onesixthkit one. I have both and if you want i can weigh them later.

I've got a question about modding Cap... has anyone tried DA's rubber band method on the blue inner vest rather than the fat suit? I got to thinking perhaps wrapping 4 or 5 bands around the ab area would slim the waist down, then a band under the pecs to bring those out.

Also, would cutting this v shape lower the shoulders any?

2015-01-06-07-23-35_deco.jpg

I've got a question about modding Cap... has anyone tried DA's rubber band method on the blue inner vest rather than the fat suit? I got to thinking perhaps wrapping 4 or 5 bands around the ab area would slim the waist down, then a band under the pecs to bring those out.

Also, would cutting this v shape lower the shoulders any?

The undersuit will always have effect.
On mine, i have no undersuit, and the blue vest is pretty tight to the body.
And like i said before, i have the rear doubled to take in the slack.

ADFAC86B-DE85-421E-ACB8-839762D9F8FC.jpg

DF889B9C-2AA0-497E-8F4B-D597D6B5487B.jpg

E8CD2A0D-D970-4259-A857-2A69C6090C8A.jpg

Username, I know there have been a lot of posts from a lot of people, with a lot of different mods. So forgive me; you've probably already talked about it in great detail. But are you serious? Is it just the fat suit removed and the pants tightened? Because if that's really all you did to mod it...I could handle that and that would probably make me want to keep this figure.

Username, I know there have been a lot of posts from a lot of people, with a lot of different mods. So forgive me; you've probably already talked about it in great detail. But are you serious? Is it just the fat suit removed and the pants tightened? Because if that's really all you did to mod it...I could handle that and that would probably make me want to keep this figure.

I bought boots, body, suit and leatherwork from Toy Anxiety, and refitted the suit to the body without the fatsuit.
The two single "mods" i did were to use double sided tape to hold the suit further closed at the rear than it would have been with the zip, and to remove the press stud from the belt that holds it closed, re-sewing it so the belt would close tighter.
I should be getting my two-pack this week and show comparison images between the normal one and this modded assemblage of parts.

What's the deal with with trying to get a spare Rogers head? Few weeks ago I checked MonkeyDepot and they only had the helmeted one. Then it eventually went it of stock. Today I saw both sculpts show up. When I went to order it said it out of stock. Was

What's the deal with with trying to get a spare Rogers head? Few weeks ago I checked MonkeyDepot and they only had the helmeted one. Then it eventually went it of stock. Today I saw both sculpts show up. When I went to order it said it out of stock. Was it really in stock? How does one get one? The charge crazy on EBay. I can understand if it's old release but Jeez this guy was just released. And I hate guys that buy up all the stock and try to resell. All I want is one head not 10. Sorry just needed to vent.

Back