Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the minority here because I really like it, but I'm also getting GA Cap with the standard shield. Why doesn't HT just include all three shields? It's a deluxe 2-pack so why not really make it a true deluxe set?

Knowing Hot Toys, it won't be as severely damaged as the proto. I'm just basing this on how the BD Movie Promo Iron Man came out.

Yeah all 3 would be cool I guess, but the red one should be included before the other 2 IMO.

Not *all* of us. I for one, really like that shield. Its actually one of the selling points to this set for me. Personally, if they were gonna ditch a shield, I would vote the baby blue one to go away.

I saw it for the second time today and the shield looks like that during the fight with Batroc. There is a still shot of it a few pages back in this thread.

And its fallacious to assume "no one wants" it just because you don't. At this point there are plenty of RWB shields, both plastic & metal that will be on the aftermarket. And, of course, I'm betting there will be yet another RWB when A2 comes out.

The red shield is featured the most in the movie, it should come with the "deluxe" set.

The fight with Batroc is the blue shield. That is the one he is using on the mission at the beginning. The red coming through is the "stealth" coating wearing off of it with the normal colors showing through. it's not the red paint coming off.

The only place I have seen that BD shield is in the original teaser poster. Sorry but I think most people would want what is in the movie over what is only seen in a single poster. The red shield currently sells for $80+ on Ebay and I doubt many people are going to part out their promo cap sets now that they have seen the movie.

It's bad enough that people who only want the Rogers head to use with the stealth suit have to buy a deluxe set but you think they should also have to buy another figure to get the proper shield?

A few from on.cc @ Hysan Place

123302sr0832ndxf3z2z02.jpg

123323itxmjdeyyymmhmpn.jpg

123340sn36ep8f733amplp.jpg

I may have completely overlooked it in the movie, but was the red on the side of the S.T.R.I.K.E. suit really that bright and stand out as much as on the fig?

yeah! totally dig this set.
that chris evans head sculpt is the benchmark now!

i actually pre order 2 set the two pack.
big fan of cap and chris evans

You and me both.
I want to have Cap in both variants. Standing there wearing his lid, and standing there without it, with it held under his arm.

cool buddy!
my friend say i am crazy to order 2 set.
i told them i am not the only one! hahahha

anyway my fave suit so far is the stealth suit and chris evans is my idol. so yeah!
2 set is alright :)

Those Frye looking leather boots, jeans, and white t-shirt have a lot of customizing possibilities

It's great to get civvie clothing from HT. They make such great costumes, but normal clothing, they knock right out of the park

cool buddy!
my friend say i am crazy to order 2 set.
i told them i am not the only one! hahahha

anyway my fave suit so far is the stealth suit and chris evans is my idol. so yeah!
2 set is alright :)

I have a collection of nine Cap figures, and am really looking forward to a few more.
I also ordered two of the GA Cap, so i can display him in the same way. Helmet off and helmet on.

I don't know if it has been mentioned already or not, but it looks like the sleeves on the STRIKE suit are seperate from the clothing on the torso but hidden slightly by the straps for his shield

Should make for much better arm articulation

Back