Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised no one's posted this yet:

1544932_658517240887929_871899128216031854_n.jpg

Still loving this figure set, might not be correct as per the movie scene but good god it looks amazing.
Also just spotted that zavvi had a blu ray steelbook of Captain America Winter Soldier available, and I missed it, gutted :(

Do you guys feel that the color of the stealth suit by hot toys is a bit off? I saw the prototype figure, it has lighter blue rather than dark navy blue.

Makes this fig pretty much useless :lol
They should've made it a separate announcement and include all three sets of civilian clothes he wore.
HT may not have had any reference material for other outfits when they were producing this figure. On the other hand, in the trailer, the one they are producing is highlighted, so they might have thought that would be a good choice. Giving civilian type characters multiple outfits isn't Hot Toys' typical MO (with the exception of Tony Stark), so I'm not surprised that we only got one, in any case.

Last edited:
Do you guys feel that the color of the stealth suit by hot toys is a bit off? I saw the prototype figure, it has lighter blue rather than dark navy blue.

It may be the lighting. When they photograph these things they use some pretty powerful lights I imagine. The color probably gets washed out a bit. Hopefully in hand it should be fine.

It may be the lighting. When they photograph these things they use some pretty powerful lights I imagine. The color probably gets washed out a bit. Hopefully in hand it should be fine.

As someone who knows photography pretty well I can tell you that the Hot Toy photographers are not the best. Their colors are often not right. I remember particularly with the MoS Superman figure, they didn't color adjust their cameras and all of the blue threw off the color of the photos. IMO his skin in all of those Hot Toy photos is way too cold (blue). So it wouldn't surprise me at all if these pics aren't 100% accurate.

902053-man-of-steel-superman-001.jpg

I haven't been following this thread that closely, and I'm on the fence as to whether to get just the STRIKE figure or this pair. What is everyone's thinking on the pricing of this? Considering the STRIKE figure alone is $220, I was plesantly surprised at the $340 price tag. I mean, assuming that they are using a nice body, you'll pay at least $60-70 for a quality body these days, and the only shields on Ebay are $80-90, and this comes with two metal shields. Not to mention that HT heads usually sell for at least $50 depending on the figure.

So the extra $120 for the 2nd full figure with a shield almost seems like a steal? Am I wrong?

I haven't been following this thread that closely, and I'm on the fence as to whether to get just the STRIKE figure or this pair. What is everyone's thinking on the pricing of this? Considering the STRIKE figure alone is $220, I was plesantly surprised at the $340 price tag. I mean, assuming that they are using a nice body, you'll pay at least $60-70 for a quality body these days, and the only shields on Ebay are $80-90, and this comes with two metal shields. Not to mention that HT heads usually sell for at least $50 depending on the figure.

So the extra $120 for the 2nd full figure with a shield almost seems like a steal? Am I wrong?

No you are absolutely right. And that rogers sculpt looks amazing! I'd say if you have any interest in a steve rogers figure or any use for the parts (shield, sculpt, clothes) that it is definitely a no brainer!

Cof, even if you didn't order the pair, you, like me, would probably end up bashing a Rogers figure anyway. It would probably end up costing more than what we're paying for the pair so personally, I think it's a great deal. The shield and head sculpt alone would run you over a hundo.

As someone who knows photography pretty well I can tell you that the Hot Toy photographers are not the best. Their colors are often not right. I remember particularly with the MoS Superman figure, they didn't color adjust their cameras and all of the blue threw off the color of the photos. IMO his skin in all of those Hot Toy photos is way too cold (blue). So it wouldn't surprise me at all if these pics aren't 100% accurate.

View attachment 103417

1932706_10152058533048404_3181028071562333808_o.jpg

Hey buddy. I kno where u are coming from :) . But I'm looking at the photo taken at hysan place in hk.

It color is off...I am a big fan of stealth suit it should be darker.

do you think is the extreme lighting from the display case?

Back