Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just POed this today cuz I missed out on the golden age version. Well this would be just as sweet.

Also preordered this today! I don't really mind the battle damaged shield being wrong. I could see how if this were peoples only captain america, it would suck. Fortunately I have the avengers version, and I don't mind if it's not diecast...
Can't wait for this to arrive!

I keep watching the cam copy I have of the film. Evans just owns Cap now. This set is gonna be great.

Very true. RDJ came into IM after the first film, I think it just took Evans a bit longer, but after WS, I would say Evans is as much Cap as RDJ is IM now.

Loved the scene where Cap visits the Smithsonian (narrated by Gary 'Lt. Dan' Sinise!!!) and the little kid recognizes him. Cap just has a slight smile and says 'shhh'.

My inner child got all warm and fuzzy.

Bits like that make me sure this is a great purchase. It's half Cap/half Chris figure for me. Ever since Fantastic 4 I thought he was a great actor. His performance in Sunshine cemented that.

The only place I have seen that BD shield is in the original teaser poster. Sorry but I think most people would want what is in the movie over what is only seen in a single poster.

Why is so much of this going on with this release? This is very unlike HT. As licensed producers they have access to all the reference material possible. What's up with using movie posters as reference??? :confused: :ohbfrank:

Loved the scene where Cap visits the Smithsonian (narrated by Gary 'Lt. Dan' Sinise!!!) and the little kid recognizes him. Cap just has a slight smile and says 'shhh'.

My inner child got all warm and fuzzy.

I think everyone gets the same exact feeling at that part :yess:

Was that LT. Dan?!?!

Why is so much of this going on with this release? This is very unlike HT. As licensed producers they have access to all the reference material possible. What's up with using movie posters as reference??? :confused: :ohbfrank:

I think they are depicting how the shield looked when he fought Batroc

TWS_on_Set_II.jpg

imo, the blue shield should have been exclusive to the stand alone Strike figure. And the Combo should've had the BD and the clean red shield.

imo, the blue shield should have been exclusive to the stand alone Strike figure. And the Combo should've had the BD and the clean red shield.

THAT IS THE EVILEST THING I CAN IMAGINE I don't want to buy two Strike caps :lol nor I want to wait for the 100 usd+ cap shields on EvilBay..

even worst considering you can get the clean shield from the Avengers Cap :dunno

Very true. RDJ came into IM after the first film, I think it just took Evans a bit longer, but after WS, I would say Evans is as much Cap as RDJ is IM now.

Totally he owns the role

some are proposing they eliminate the other shield entirely:rotfl

The plastic shields are obsolete now because of the paint issue. Unfortunately the GA shield is pretty scuffed up.

I love Evans as Cap. He is pitch perfect. BUT. . .I can imagine someone else stepping into that role and doing it the same kind of justice. Because as great as he does, he isn't all that distinctive that I can't see someone else taking over. I can also imagine someone else coming in and doing a great Iron Man, but I cannot imagine someone doing the same Stark character that RDJ created. So, in other words, I think Marvel Studios has more to worry about if they want to try and recast Stark than Rogers.

The stealth shield has a blue coating applied to the red shield to make it more "stealthy". When you first see Cap the shield is clean blue. Once he starts banging it up you start to see the red come through, especially in the fight with Batroc.

Sorry for the poor quality of this pic since I had to do a screen grab and lighten the image. This is from when he first gets on the boat. No red marks.

capshield.jpg

Later on during the fight

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Batroc-610x406.jpg

The battle damage shield is based off of the first teaser poster we saw for The Winter Soldier.

Winter-Soldier-Teaser-Poster.jpg

The point is the shield was never that battle damaged in the movie at anytime.

some are proposing they eliminate the other shield entirely:rotfl

The plastic shields are obsolete now because of the paint issue. Unfortunately the GA shield is pretty scuffed up.

Ideally the set should come with all 3, but yes if one had to go, the one that didn't appear in the movie in any form should be omitted.

Sure I suppose people could buy the red shield from a previous release, but like you said, the older shields are plastic and prone to paint chipping. The only other option is the one from the extremely limited and sold out promo version.

I get it, when making the proto Hot Toys probably didn't know what would be used in the movie. Now that it's out though I do think they should consider making one of the shields red. Even those pictures from facebook show civilian Cap fighting WS with the red shield.

From a perspective of a guy who got to PO the GA Cap, I'm happy that this doesnt come with the normal shield. It feels less redundant and I have options with poses now

TWS_on_Set_II.jpg

Bustajesse beat me to it but that's what I meant. The shield that comes with the Rogers version is never shown on screen and is basically ripped right from the movie poster. Instead of the blue film scraping away to reveal the regular colors, this movie poster BD shield has the actual paint scrapped away revealing the raw vibranium.

When I said "this release" before, what I meant was the line from this licence and not just this piece. They are dropping the ball in a similar way with WS too. Using movie posters as reference HT??? Tisk tisk :nono

I love Evans as Cap. He is pitch perfect. BUT. . .I can imagine someone else stepping into that role and doing it the same kind of justice. Because as great as he does, he isn't all that distinctive that I can't see someone else taking over. I can also imagine someone else coming in and doing a great Iron Man, but I cannot imagine someone doing the same Stark character that RDJ created. So, in other words, I think Marvel Studios has more to worry about if they want to try and recast Stark than Rogers.
Yep agreed. Evans is serviceable as Cap and I have nothing against him but to me he's not definitively the character. To be honest most of the actors aside from Downey Jr. I see as being pretty easy to recast at some point. Downey Jr. has the right amount of charisma and brought so much of himself into his Stark that worked so well for the way the character was already written in the comics that he was just a perfect match from the start.

When I said "this release" before, what I meant was the line from this licence and not just this piece. They are dropping the ball in a similar way with WS too. Using movie posters as reference HT??? Tisk tisk :nono
They've done that going back to the first Joker figure they produced. Obviously seems due to their not having better reference material. This also explains why they produced Mandarin. Would be nice if they made some changes, realizing what they no doubt do now, but. . .

Back