1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when buying used how concerned should I be with seeing a few stray hairs in pictures? Can they be smoothed back down easily?

Don't panic. Buy a cheap toothbrush, dunk it in boiled water and brush the hair with it. After a few brushes the hair will be flat, and you just allow it to air dry afterwards.

AB14A6F9-F849-4CB5-88D2-4F79C6BE4CBC.jpg

C1F63406-92FF-4633-BB10-65879EB9A83C.jpg

0D4765ED-FFAB-4BEA-AC39-E3A635A0D83D.jpg

when buying used how concerned should I be with seeing a few stray hairs in pictures? Can they be smoothed back down easily?
Don't panic. Buy a cheap toothbrush, dunk it in boiled water and brush the hair with it. After a few brushes the hair will be flat, and you just allow it to air dry afterwards.

Cool. That's very good to know. Thanks. So it looks like I shouldn't let the stray hair on a used one scare me off from buying it then. Right?

Ok, I picked up a Black Widow on Ebay for $160. I felt pretty certain for a long time that the Winter Soldier version is the version I wanted over all the others, but I started having doubts right as I won the auction. I'm hoping when the figure comes and I see it in person any doubts I might have will be put to rest.

Ok, I picked up a Black Widow on Ebay for $160. I felt pretty certain for a long time that the Winter Soldier version is the version I wanted over all the others, but I started having doubts right as I won the auction. I'm hoping when the figure comes and I see it in person any doubts I might have will be put to rest.

she is an awesome version you will be pleased you got her, i keep kicking myself for selling her, will be getting her again soon for sure i miss having her with the rest of the WS line up.
I have the AOU widow & i really like that one too, nice colours on the suit & decent accessories.

No need to have doubts or reservations. It is a great figure (arguably the best rendition of BW thus far) and you got her at a great price. You'll be pleased with it.

she is an awesome version you will be pleased you got her, i keep kicking myself for selling her, will be getting her again soon for sure i miss having her with the rest of the WS line up.
I have the AOU widow & i really like that one too, nice colours on the suit & decent accessories.

No need to have doubts or reservations. It is a great figure (arguably the best rendition of BW thus far) and you got her at a great price. You'll be pleased with it.

:exactly: :goodpost: I think so too. :)

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm looking forward to it arriving in the mail and seeing it in person. Not only did I get a good price, it came with bonus hands and batons from the AOU version. I'm not a big fan of BW with those weapons but it is cool to have the option for it in a single version. I'll post my thoughts on the figure when it gets here.

I'm sure this is probably been answered so pardons if I step on any toes with this: What is the general consensus for the best body to use for OneSixthKit's "N. Smark" outfit? I LOVED the bridge battle in TWS and would love to have Nat and Steve in their casual wear seeing as how it's what they wore most of the movie. Thanks, guys!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm looking forward to it arriving in the mail and seeing it in person. Not only did I get a good price, it came with bonus hands and batons from the AOU version. I'm not a big fan of BW with those weapons but it is cool to have the option for it in a single version. I'll post my thoughts on the figure when it gets here.

:duff

Please do. I hope you're satisfied with it, which I think you will be. As a side note, like you're expecting your TWS Widow soon, I'm expecting my DX Bespin Luke to arrive in the coming days. Really looking forward to that set.

Please do. I hope you're satisfied with it, which I think you will be. As a side note, like you're expecting your TWS Widow soon, I'm expecting my DX Bespin Luke to arrive in the coming days. Really looking forward to that set.

I'll be watching the Bespin Luke thread to hear what you think - that's one of my favorite figures ever.

Wasn't a fan of female figures. I thought they look like barbie dolls because of the rooted hair. Bought this @ popcultcha last month because of the sale. At $160 with shipping included, I said yeah why not? Turns out to be a great figure. You won't regret it jaymas. You got it real cheap when it's sold out in most US store.
image.jpg

Having now seen the AoU up close, I stand by TWS as the best Black Widow version. Is there even a plan for a Civil War version?

Having now seen the AoU up close, I stand by TWS as the best Black Widow version. Is there even a plan for a Civil War version?

I waited to see what the Civil War version would be like before I decided on the Winter Soldier version; which after looking at all the versions the WS version is my favorite. The new CW version protoype would be my second favorite though. The costume is almost exactly the same as WS except no Shield logo and she has knee pads and elbow pads and different hair. I prefer the more spy look without the elbow and knee pads though and I like the Shield logo. I also kind of dig the hair better on the WS version. It looks simpler and I don't want to have to mess with it.

Wasn't a fan of female figures. I thought they look like barbie dolls because of the rooted hair. Bought this @ popcultcha last month because of the sale. At $160 with shipping included, I said yeah why not? Turns out to be a great figure.
This will be my first female figure from Hot Toys, though I've had Princess Leia on Pre-order for a while. I'm also thinking about picking up the second version of Scarlet Witch when that one comes out. We'll see.

When it comes to the concern that they look like Barbie dolls, I think more than the rooted hair I wonder if the bodies are too skinny making them look more like Barbies too. I'm hoping though with the detail of these figures and good articulation enabling it to be put in a real natural and life like pose this will help offset that problem. I like the pose in your picture by the way, the stance looks natural.

You won't regret it jaymas. You got it real cheap when it's sold out in most US store.

I feel real good about the price I paid. I think that's cheaper than it originally retailed and it most certainly will be cheaper than what the CW one will retail at.

I waited to see what the Civil War version would be like before I decided on the Winter Soldier version; which after looking at all the versions the WS version is my favorite. The new CW version protoype would be my second favorite though. The costume is almost exactly the same as WS except no Shield logo and she has knee pads and elbow pads and different hair. I prefer the more spy look without the elbow and knee pads though and I like the Shield logo. I also kind of dig the hair better on the WS version. It looks simpler and I don't want to have to mess with it.

Yeah, I didn't really have to do any futzing with my TWS BW. She was good straight out of the box. I agree that the hair also is arguably the best Widow hair thus far. The only Widow figure where I had to mess with the hair was AoU Widow. I actually think the CW hair would be my second favorite, as I like the longer hair with the curls.

I got my DX Bespin Luke in the other day by the way. I posted about it in the Bespin Luke thread, which got pushed back to the 2nd page in the SW section.

Wasn't a fan of female figures. I thought they look like barbie dolls because of the rooted hair. Bought this @ popcultcha last month because of the sale. At $160 with shipping included, I said yeah why not? Turns out to be a great figure. You won't regret it jaymas. You got it real cheap when it's sold out in most US store.
View attachment 235426

Best Widow Pose I've ever seen :clap

Stealing it :lol

Back