Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugehedyr.jpg

amy9azad.jpg

Oooohhh yeeaaahhh

One thing about this figure that does bother me is the quills, when they revised the proto hs they added actual quills.
This MP version only has quills partially on his eyebrows and the rest are painted on detail, really stupid to do.

Got this figure earlier this week and just stuck him in the case. First impression was 'ok nice' but not blown away. I think once you're onto your 20th HT/predator figure it gets to like this. However I was able to get him out of the case today for closer examination and putting on accessories and yes I have to say the details and paint on this guy blows away the classic and CH. The body and armor use alot of recycled parts from the classic but the new paint and slight change and detail make it really pop. I think this will be one of those pieces that will age well. This piece has reignited my interest in HT predators and hope to see the rest of the lost tribe or, better yet, a new Jungle Hunter, soon. Jungle Hunter/Dutch double pack anyone?

Also sadly, as I was putting on the elder's purse and necklace and arranging his locks I realized that yes I am a pathetic loser who plays with dolls :) A very ugly doll at that lol.
agreed. also have lots preds and this one is a wow but not super wowed. cant wait for wolf redo!

I picked this figure up a little over a week ago. I purchased city hunter as well. I love both. Their my new fav preds. Elder has crazy detail that can only be appreciated fully in hand. The quils and dangling beads make it very difficult to get a firm grip on the figure though. I still think the first elder release is very relevant in comparison to the new one.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I really love this predator..in most pics, the body and head are too yellow but once you got it in hand, he looks awesome..
just needed a few minor tweaks for my liking..

mods so far..

painted the dreads with transparent gray..
adjusted all the belts to sit lower
bone bag extended to sit lower on his hips
quills
darkened the armor a bit
changed the right arm ban ( just a pro to right now..wanted to see the color match )
sword sheath stitching
switch skull face on scabbard ( the original is way off )

a few more mods and he's done :)

Where did you get the army patch to put on elders right arm?

I received my Elder yesterday. Great figure. One of the left jaw whiskers was missing, so there is only two on that side. I am very happy with it and happy to have it in my collection. I think my Predator collection is now complete with two. One masked (Scar) and unmasked (Elder). Below a few art shots from my old Android cell phone.....

So, as I mentioned before, I received mine without a pack out and things were a bit beat up inside. Mainly there was the big crack in the tray, the head was off, and a quill was missing. I contacted sideshow and they said they would send a new head.

I was surprised to receive the full boxed figure yesterday. I inquired and they said it was because the head was not detachable so they sent the whole thing. When I opened it, I realized that they had removed the hands, feet, and accessories. That makes more sense. Now I have the replacement I need including new packaging.

So, I've nearly transferred all of the accessories to the new body, which is a bit of a chore, when I see that the new headsculpt has a chip on the chin. Grrrr. So, I transfer everything back over to the old body, pull a quill out of the new head, and glue it on the old. Now my Predator is complete.

The replaced quill is the middle one on the left jaw area (his left):

So, as I mentioned before, I received mine without a pack out and things were a bit beat up inside. Mainly there was the big crack in the tray, the head was off, and a quill was missing. I contacted sideshow and they said they would send a new head.

I was surprised to receive the full boxed figure yesterday. I inquired and they said it was because the head was not detachable so they sent the whole thing. When I opened it, I realized that they had removed the hands, feet, and accessories. That makes more sense. Now I have the replacement I need including new packaging.

So, I've nearly transferred all of the accessories to the new body, which is a bit of a chore, when I see that the new headsculpt has a chip on the chin. Grrrr. So, I transfer everything back over to the old body, pull a quill out of the new head, and glue it on the old. Now my Predator is complete.

I have the left jaw upper quill missing. I wonder if I should leave it or go through the process. Unless you have a quill to spare!!! 8)

The same problem, one left chin quill is missing, failed to find it and box with damage, the same place as BadMuthaDude described, damn !

I received my Elder yesterday. Great figure. One of the left jaw whiskers was missing, so there is only two on that side. I am very happy with it and happy to have it in my collection. I think my Predator collection is now complete with two. One masked (Scar) and unmasked (Elder). Below a few art shots from my old Android cell phone.....

The same problem, one left chin quill is missing, failed to find it and box with damage, the same place as BadMuthaDude described, damn !

:slap Come on HT, get your s--- together.

My box came kinda beat up and elders head was pushed up but didn't come off. Luckily no damage or missing pieces but this, ed 209 and mk42 issues are not making ht look good right now.

Back