Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet there is at least one person already planning or working on this...but, I would love to see someone mod this head to a P1 version.

yeah the CH 2.0 was very disappointing in hand, the colors are bad and the lack of accurate bio mask visor still pisses me off.
Why the hell they cant do the eyes/visors and predator masks right still baffles me :slap

Love 'im. Best Hot Toys Predator ever made. Which really isn't saying much, but this proves that when Tsang chooses to put forth the effort required to sculpt a new head from scratch, he can make magic happen. I'm ready to see that 1/4 P1.
lolwat
first he sculpted his common generic crap, then he was told to copy the old head and tried to copy it over his generic crap... instead of using movie references for once :cuckoo:
i also wonder why all his predaturds have mouths covered with brown ****.

lolwat
first he sculpted his common generic crap, then he was told to copy the old head and tried to copy it over his generic crap... instead of using movie references for once :cuckoo:
i also wonder why all his predaturds have mouths covered with brown ****.

This one doesn't, and aside from the same crappy body this predator is quite refreshing to see.

Plus it is what it is. If there's a better or other company out there making these predators -- hook it up

Plus it is what it is. If there's a better or other company out there making these predators -- hook it up

This. And also: call me blind, but I really don't see what's so off about this headsculpt. It's not 100% perfect, but no headsculpt ever is. I'm thinking P. is so used to bashing Tsang's work that he's having the same reaction to a 95% that he'd have to a 60%. Mandibles look good, forehead is nowhere near as flat and vertical as it was thought to be.
My only gripe is the eyes having the wrong paint -- again. I dunno what it is with Tsang and green, but no Predator has ever had that color. The AVP's had hazel irises and everything before them was yellow on dark purple. Never green on black.

Got this yesterday, but just now had a chance to inspect it. Everything seem good; no loose head, nothing appears broken. Glad I got it I wasn't going to, but the pluses out weighed the negatives.

Finally got mine set up and damn he looks good. Anyone else figure out how to get that dreadlock band on right, I put it where it said but those dreads now stick up from the tension, looks kinda silly. Other than that's amazing figure.

Finally got mine set up and damn he looks good. Anyone else figure out how to get that dreadlock band on right, I put it where it said but those dreads now stick up from the tension, looks kinda silly. Other than that's amazing figure.

Yeah same here, I just loosened it up a bit and didn't put it all the way to the head. Now it's normal looking and doesn't look as silly

Got this figure earlier this week and just stuck him in the case. First impression was 'ok nice' but not blown away. I think once you're onto your 20th HT/predator figure it gets to like this. However I was able to get him out of the case today for closer examination and putting on accessories and yes I have to say the details and paint on this guy blows away the classic and CH. The body and armor use alot of recycled parts from the classic but the new paint and slight change and detail make it really pop. I think this will be one of those pieces that will age well. This piece has reignited my interest in HT predators and hope to see the rest of the lost tribe or, better yet, a new Jungle Hunter, soon. Jungle Hunter/Dutch double pack anyone?

Also sadly, as I was putting on the elder's purse and necklace and arranging his locks I realized that yes I am a pathetic loser who plays with dolls :) A very ugly doll at that lol.

Just got mine today. What a pain in the ass it was to get the necklace and pouch on. Really a fantastic figure though. I have him posed next to classic, and it blows that one out of the water. Only gripe is like most others, that he's a bit short. Been wanting for an elder since I first got into hot toys preds but could never justify upwards of $900. Good things come to those who wait.

65b7af2691824c3bd05d4efca58c4f6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic! Try pulling his knees out if you want him alittle taller. Just grab his thigh with one hand, and his calve with the other and gently, but firmly pull. It was pretty easy for me on elder, but on classic I had to use a hair dryer to heat up the joints.

I like that black ribbed tube you have on you detolf, it looks like part of a predator ship or something.

Received my Elder today the one of the bottom left jaw whiskers was missing. I only get 1 to 3 HT figures a year and something wrong. Raw Deals!! Funny I love HT but I hate playing around with them. I just want to put all his **** on find a pose and put him in the shelf ASAP!!! Full props to OMG, and the other photographers who post initial pictures. That takes time and patience!!

Got mine in today as well. I have waited a long time to get this Elder into my collection. The contrast between AVP and this both funny and stunning. Mine came with no issues, getting the pouch on takes patience as others have stated. I have him posed between Scar and Celtic. Was considering getting the new Ancient, but not so sure now-- this seems to complete the holy trinity of Pred figures--lol I have 10 now what's another?...

Nice pic! Try pulling his knees out if you want him alittle taller. Just grab his thigh with one hand, and his calve with the other and gently, but firmly pull. It was pretty easy for me on elder, but on classic I had to use a hair dryer to heat up the joints.

I like that black ribbed tube you have on you detolf, it looks like part of a predator ship or something.

I was actually going to ask you how hard it was to futz with the legs like you did, so thanks.

The tube actually covers al the wiring for the dioder lights.

Got mine in today as well. I have waited a long time to get this Elder into my collection. The contrast between AVP and this both funny and stunning. Mine came with no issues, getting the pouch on takes patience as others have stated. I have him posed between Scar and Celtic. Was considering getting the new Ancient, but not so sure now-- this seems to complete the holy trinity of Pred figures--lol I have 10 now what's another?...

I was initially underwhelmed with Ancient, I think because it's so similar to Scar and Celtic. That being said, now that I've had him for a bit it's grown to become one of my favorites. I think it's because it's a bit more minimalist due to some missing armor, etc. and seems slimmer like a normal Pred if that makes sense. Definitely worth picking up.

Back