Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. :duff

So do you think I should return it to secret base for a replacement? Its not really noticeable from most views, but when its 'heavy lifting' a flast surface its very noticeable. Its slightly shifted not only vertically but also horizontally. Would you guys get a replacement? Don't know if im nitpicking.

View attachment 156916

View attachment 156917

View attachment 156918

@hockeyflow: I think the reason that most of the people are complaining is that they are likely Hong Kong residents since they already have the figure in hand. Igor has been displayed at Toy Hunters and ton of exhibitions this last year prior to release. Most locals got to see the actual prototype many, many, many times. One of the things that many locals commented about on the Hong Kong forums was just how nice and weathered the paint looked. To many, that was a main selling point.

When the figure was released the difference between the prototype and the in-hand figure was pretty massive. I'd go as far as saying more so than any other figure previously released by HT. I spoke to my usual resellers and many are sitting on a lot of stock currently due to this issue. Many even expect the prices to fall below cost on this one. So i guess it might be a case of not missing something that one never knew existed. Overseas buyers will undoubtedly be very happy with there purchases once they get them. But to those who have seen the prototype i guess they are left a little wanting?

It all works out for the consumer though, lower demand should equate to cheaper prices down the road. :lol

The only problem though is these exact complaints are made with every single figure so in an instance when it's legitimate it falls on deaf ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics!.. the low lighting definitely helps with the look of the paint.
If you are not happy with that defect, ask for a replacement.. this is not a Pop! figure. Bottom line, at this price you are entitled to expect excellence.

Haha people complain about the paint on pop figures all the time and I always wonder what buyers expect for $9

Thanks guys. :duff

So do you think I should return it to secret base for a replacement? Its not really noticeable from most views, but when its 'heavy lifting' a flast surface its very noticeable. Its slightly shifted not only vertically but also horizontally. Would you guys get a replacement? Don't know if im nitpicking.

View attachment 156916

View attachment 156917

View attachment 156918

@hockeyflow: I think the reason that most of the people are complaining is that they are likely Hong Kong residents since they already have the figure in hand. Igor has been displayed at Toy Hunters and ton of exhibitions this last year prior to release. Most locals got to see the actual prototype many, many, many times. One of the things that many locals commented about on the Hong Kong forums was just how nice and weathered the paint looked. To many, that was a main selling point.

When the figure was released the difference between the prototype and the in-hand figure was pretty massive. I'd go as far as saying more so than any other figure previously released by HT. I spoke to my usual resellers and many are sitting on a lot of stock currently due to this issue. Many even expect the prices to fall below cost on this one. So i guess it might be a case of not missing something that one never knew existed. Overseas buyers will undoubtedly be very happy with there purchases once they get them. But to those who have seen the prototype i guess they are left a little wanting?

It all works out for the consumer though, lower demand should equate to cheaper prices down the road. :lol

I would return. If not you would regret it later.

Just got the SSC Processing email:

Your pre-order of the Igor - Iron Man 3 - (MMS) 1:6 - Hot Toys - Sixth Scale Figure (902129) is expected into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 5-7 weeks. The anticipated arrival window has been expanded due to significant delays at the Port of Long Beach caused by the dock worker contract negotiations

:monkey4

Your pre-order of the Igor - Iron Man 3 - (MMS) 1:6 - Hot Toys - Sixth Scale Figure (902129) is expected into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 5-7 weeks. The anticipated arrival window has been expanded due to significant delays at the Port of Long Beach caused by the dock worker contract negotiations

WOW - that's sooooo cool! I keep refreshing my email, but no mail.

Well damn!...lol

SSC is gonna take a huge hit when everyone starts canceling

All new releases are being pushed back - thats what Sideshow said (that's why they're not going to be listing the contents of the 12 containers - it affects ALL new stuff), anything that goes through that port, and even if they settle and get back to work at full speed it is going to take some time to get all the stuff sitting there processed.

So to paraphrase the Soup Nazi... "NO IGOR FOR YOU!"... not until late February or March anyway. If it was coming out in January, you can bet it won't be coming until late February at the earliest. Starlord isn't even in port yet, so that will probably be delayed until March/April unless the slow-down is resolved. If it's not, you can probably add a couple months on to everything coming out until it is, and it will likely only get worse.

I know other companies are re-routing shipments through other ports so hopefully Sideshow can do something similar

Got the impression that they're not at this point, maybe it means spending more money and these are after all just toys.

JUST Toys?

1db5b9aa583838540e00578b1464e9c58631e33113aba5416e6d897202a43196.jpg

R

I got the same email, but I also got another email a week before that said the Batman 89 1/4 scale I have on order is also pushed off due to the LB issue, and that they had no dea when it would be available. Two days later I received another email stating that the Batman 89 would start being charged on Tuesday 13th of January. I'm guessing I'll have it Wednesday. Or Thursday. Go figure lol.

Just checked and I got the initial Batman '89 email apologizing for the delay last Monday, and the second shipping/billing info three days later on Thursday. Obviously a container or two was released to SS mid week.

Back