Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone add on the "missing" weathering paint app to the igor final product,
which should have been done by HT.
igor looks a whole lot different now, fantastic paint job, the plastic feeling all gone!

igor damaged 1.jpg
igor damaged 2.jpg
igor damaged 3.jpg

It does look pretty darn cool, I'd be very happy if they'd given it more weathering but I still know I'm getting a great figure regardless. :)

wow what happened to the paint on this one...

Much like the stealth Cap issue, baffling as to why HT has to alter something already so perfect on the prototype.

How does one weather plastic?...just sand down the spots?...that does look dope, that extra shine needs to go out the window on the finished product

someone add on the "missing" weathering paint app to the igor final product,
which should have been done by HT.
igor looks a whole lot different now, fantastic paint job, the plastic feeling all gone!

View attachment 156806

Awesome re-paint!.. not certain I am entirely happy about the rather shiny paint on the production model, compared to the prototype.. think I will need to see more in hand pics, to make a decision ..at this price, these things matter.

That's a really nice weathering job.

I think reprinting would be an enormous task- masking, matching the original color, etc.

Would dry brushing be a better option?

It really sucks that there has to be a discussion about reprinting a $550 figure. At this size they should have been able to nail the paint apps from the proto.

Finished my display of Igor propping up my HOA. Not totally convincing but meh, i'm happy.

Added some size comparison pics also to boot. First two are full height straight outta the box third one is crouching pose.

On the down side, as apparent in the 4th photo the left silver support thingys on the back of Igor is not flat...bad glue job...might send it back for another one.

Sorry hope this works?!?

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

It really sucks that there has to be a discussion about reprinting a $550 figure. At this size they should have been able to nail the paint apps from the proto.

It doesn't need to be painted, people just look for issues to complain about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. :duff

So do you think I should return it to secret base for a replacement? Its not really noticeable from most views, but when its 'heavy lifting' a flast surface its very noticeable. Its slightly shifted not only vertically but also horizontally. Would you guys get a replacement? Don't know if im nitpicking.

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

@hockeyflow: I think the reason that most of the people are complaining is that they are likely Hong Kong residents since they already have the figure in hand. Igor has been displayed at Toy Hunters and ton of exhibitions this last year prior to release. Most locals got to see the actual prototype many, many, many times. One of the things that many locals commented about on the Hong Kong forums was just how nice and weathered the paint looked. To many, that was a main selling point.

When the figure was released the difference between the prototype and the in-hand figure was pretty massive. I'd go as far as saying more so than any other figure previously released by HT. I spoke to my usual resellers and many are sitting on a lot of stock currently due to this issue. Many even expect the prices to fall below cost on this one. So i guess it might be a case of not missing something that one never knew existed. Overseas buyers will undoubtedly be very happy with there purchases once they get them. But to those who have seen the prototype i guess they are left a little wanting?

It all works out for the consumer though, lower demand should equate to cheaper prices down the road. :lol

Thanks guys. :duff

So do you think I should return it to secret base for a replacement? Its not really noticeable from most views, but when its 'heavy lifting' a flast surface its very noticeable. Its slightly shifted not only vertically but also horizontally. Would you guys get a replacement? Don't know if im nitpicking.

View attachment 156918

@hockeyflow: I think the reason that most of the people are complaining is that they are likely Hong Kong residents since they already have the figure in hand. Igor has been displayed at Toy Hunters and ton of exhibitions this last year prior to release. Most locals got to see the actual prototype many, many, many times. One of the things that many locals commented about on the Hong Kong forums was just how nice and weathered the paint looked. To many, that was a main selling point.

When the figure was released the difference between the prototype and the in-hand figure was pretty massive. I'd go as far as saying more so than any other figure previously released by HT. I spoke to my usual resellers and many are sitting on a lot of stock currently due to this issue. Many even expect the prices to fall below cost on this one. So i guess it might be a case of not missing something that one never knew existed. Overseas buyers will undoubtedly be very happy with there purchases once they get them. But to those who have seen the prototype i guess they are left a little wanting?

It all works out for the consumer though, lower demand should equate to cheaper prices down the road. :lol

Great pics!.. the low lighting definitely helps with the look of the paint.
If you are not happy with that defect, ask for a replacement.. this is not a Pop! figure. Bottom line, at this price you are entitled to expect excellence.

Back