Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like Action Figure Xpress, again, has the cheapest price. Can't believe BBTS has sold out already. They seem to sell out the fastest regardless of price.
Strange the retail is 510, and I paid 566 for the 1989 Batmobile. The proximity of price doesn't make sense, considering the difference in size between the two. Suddenly the Batmobile price doesn't seem so bad.

I know how business work.. I'm in the wholesale business.... import export stuff from China and around the world everyday. We have a factory in China and Thailand.

Its not china! Its hongkong. Its different. And its not replica. Do you calculate how much they pay for the license too? Its handmade for the paint too. And how much do you think you'll pay for people that have these skills??? Not everybody have these special skill. How much will it cost to research the figure detail and articulation. Youre just someone else! Just find another hobby my friend

all of Hot Toys plastic molds are also mass produced by machines. everything are created from scratch when they first get a mold.

There is a big difference between a production run of say 7500 figures assembled by hand.. and a watch mechanism production run of literally millions, spread between many of the *ahem* 'Unique and Special' watches shown on QVC.

..or even some of the relatively 'expensive' branded watches, if it comes to that.. Prada, Dunhill etc. do not 'make' watches, they just brand name a design.. the mechanisms are mass produced in their hundreds of thousands and many of the 'Name' brands, use the same mechanism.. now that is a rip-off.. since the irony of most 'luxury' brands, is that the majority of the cost, is for the global advertising campaigns and celebrity endorsements, telling you how 'special' the product is.

There is a big difference between a production run of say 7500 figures assembled by hand.. and a watch mechanism production run of literally millions, spread between many of the *ahem* 'Unique and Special' watches shown on QVC.

..or even some of the relatively 'expensive' branded watches, if it comes to that.. Prada, Dunhill etc. do not 'make' watches, they just brand name a design.. the mechanisms are mass produced in their hundreds of thousands and many of the 'Name' brands, use the same mechanism.. now that is a rip-off.. since the irony of most 'luxury' brands, is that the majority of the cost, is for the global advertising campaigns and celebrity endorsements, telling you how 'special' the product is.

just like HT tell u how special their is! :1-1: production is production....watches are also assembled by hands. Thank you for you input!

Looks like Action Figure Xpress, again, has the cheapest price. Can't believe BBTS has sold out already. They seem to sell out the fastest regardless of price.
Strange the retail is 510, and I paid 566 for the 1989 Batmobile. The proximity of price doesn't make sense, considering the difference in size between the two. Suddenly the Batmobile price doesn't seem so bad.

BBTS lets you preorder anything without a deposit, doesn't charge until it ships, and cancelling is a breeze. It's not sold out, it simply has a bunch of people placeholding it.

A ton of those are going to get cancelled later when people realize $500 for this is ridiculous and they see all the new shiny preorders that are much more worth it.

I feel sorry for those preordering from Sideshow or some place with a large pre-deposit. If you get cold feet, say good bye to at least $50.

Its not china! Its hongkong. Its different. And its not replica. Do you calculate how much they pay for the license too? Its handmade for the paint too. And how much do you think you'll pay for people that have these skills??? Not everybody have these special skill. How much will it cost to research the figure detail and articulation. Youre just someone else! Just find another hobby my friend

didn't I said that the license were the only thing that was of value? Its not handmade..its put together by hand...just like everything else thats mass production.

No. Thats what you're not getting. Its just different. And you should know that.

The mechanisms inside those watches are mass produced by machines, like computer parts (which also have 1000s of complicated components).. by contrast the high-end figures are created from scratch, have custom sculpting, which has to be approved by the studio/actor's management and are then assembled by hand in relatively (compared with watches) small quantities.. like I said, chalk and cheese.. if its the QVC model you are working from, then that is why you are mistaken.

You may find the interview with a manager from Big Chief, on one of the early Hottoycast podcasts from Eamon and his crack team of most excellent fellow boardies, informative regarding production costs.
:peace

you guys sure talk a lot like u know all but not even in the business. whats the mass production cost of this?

Last edited:
I don't understand why people get so obsessive about what something cost. Who effing cares! Buy it or don't I don't care what you do. You're not my child, spend you money how you will. I suffer no repercussions nor hold any responsibility if you spend $500 or make $1,000,000.

I'm tired of wading through the damn whining that happens when something new is announced. This is place is so full of annoying mosquitos that buzz so loud and often that they drown out any opportunity for intelligent, civilized discussion. I'm going to bed.

******ing fun suckers.

just like HT tell u how special their is! :1-1: production is production....watches are also assembled by hands. Thank you for you input!

If 'production is production'.. Ferrari and Rolex have a lot of explaining to do.. Ford make cheaper cars and Swatch make much cheaper watches...
Neca make the figures that have the production values you appear to expect.. and they cost what you appear to expect these figures to cost, too.

I collect both Neca and Hot Toys products.. and there is a difference.. I also own a Swatch, a Citizen (automatic) watch, a TAG Heuer (automatic) and a Rolex.. and again, there is a difference.

none of you guys answered any of my questions. Haters gonna hate. Just go buy your $500 item and be happy.

If 'production is production'.. Ferrari and Rolex have a lot of explaining to do.. Ford make cheaper cars and Swatch make much cheaper watches...
Neca make the figures that have the production values you appear to expect.. and they cost what you appear to expect these figures to cost, too.

I collect both Neca and Hot Toys products.. and there is a difference.. I also own a Swatch, a Citizen (automatic) watch, a TAG Heuer (automatic) and a Rolex.. and again, there is a difference.

Yes Neca and Hot Toys are different in Quality thats why HT are more pricey and I understand and agreed. What guys are not understanding that this Igor is way over priced. What I'm saying that this should not be more then $350.. UNDERSTAND??? Rolex have diamonds in them and ferrari are 12 cylinder cars so yes they will be more.

Last edited:
none of you guys answered any of my questions. Haters gonna hate. Just go buy your $500 item and be happy.

PO'd as soon as its available in the UK?.. Sir, Yes Sir! :hi5:

.. and I can appreciate the irony of being labelled a 'hater' ..after so much vitriol directed at Hot Toys and their alleged production/pricing structure.. you never answered the primary question either.. unless buying watches in China, allows a businessman to work out the exact pricing logistics of every item manufactured in the Far East.. which seems extremely unlikely.
:)

PO'd as soon as its available in the UK?.. Sir, Yes Sir! :hi5:

.. and I can appreciate the irony of being labelled a 'hater' ..after so much vitriol directed at Hot Toys and their alleged production/pricing structure.. you never answered the primary question either.. unless buying watches in China, allows a businessman to work out the exact pricing logistics of every item manufactured in the Far East.. which seems extremely unlikely.
:)

Why is Robocop ED-209 cheaper? ED-209 seem like he have more going for him but hes cheaper. Why do you think?

I answered all questions!!!

Back