Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is Robocop ED-209 cheaper? ED-209 seem like he have more going for him but hes cheaper. Why do you think?

answered all questions!!!

Fewer parts, so easier to paint and assemble? ..can you list the number of individual parts and paint application / assembly time?.. the answer I suspect, is contained within those details.. not to mention the difference in leverage, the two licenses have on fees.

Edit - .. and the fact Hot Toys have already produced an ED-209 in the past.

Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - MARK XXXVIII Igor Armor

Only a couple hundred off. :rotfl

**** I was way off wasn't I lol. When I saw the $500 price tag I chuckled,just not interested in dropping that much loot on any figure. That said yay for those who are getting him,looking forwards to seeing everyones pics in a year.

Fewer parts, so easier to paint and assemble? ..can you list the number of individual parts and paint application / assembly time?.. the answer I suspect, is contained within those details.. not to mention the difference in leverage, the two licenses have on fees.

Edit - .. and the fact Hot Toys have already produced an ED-209 in the past.

and u know this for a fact? :lol

Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - MARK XXXVIII Igor Armor

**** I was way off wasn't I lol. When I saw the $500 price tag I chuckled,just not interested in dropping that much loot on any figure. That said yay for those who are getting him,looking forwards to seeing everyones pics in a year.

How depressing a statement is that when you think about it? :lol

and u know this for a fact? :lol

I think I 'know' as many genuine 'facts' about Hot Toys production costs as you do.. ie. none.

..the difference is, that I am not claiming to know HoT Toys actual production costs and calling them out on it, whereas you have.. without providing any corroboration for your claims

You were happy to accept that companies like Neca, etc. have lower production overheads.. so it appears you just don't like the cost of Igor and feel it 'should not have been more than $350'.. but do you know that for a fact?.. if so, please provide genuine evidence, rather than waffling about watches on QVC.
:1-1:

just like HT tell u how special their is! :1-1: production is production....watches are also assembled by hands. Thank you for you input!

I know watch is assembled by hand too. But you just assemble it exactly like the blueprint. Its different, theres hand painting skill involved in here. Before it was assembled. Theres no machine to do the paint! Thats why theres just only few employee who work on the paint. And theres special set of skill neede for that.

And there again the license to produce this thing. Consider iron man 3 is expected to be more profitable than before since the avenger makes a huge income, marvel may charge the license more expensive too. (Im guessing hot toys will be buy the license long way before the film released considered that mark 42 etc is already up for pre order month before the movie released, months before for reasearch, and months before when they buy the license)

Third point is big figure like before monger and tumbler isnt profitable and nearly not profitable considering that there's less demand than the regular figure.

Fourth point is there so many people after the movie comes out say that they wont be getting any other suit in ironman 3 except mark 42 iron patriot and war machine so maybe they prevented on not having less profitable condition since they already do the research and buy the license to realease these figures.

No disrespect to all. I understand where people are coming from. Happy for those who will buy him, im still happy for just appreciating the craftsmanship of the people behind it. Indeed its genius also. But for being 500$ fig with plastic not even diecast. I would consider if they started it like into 350-400$ range. More people will be able to afford and appreciate the figure. But as for me which i don't have extra financial for these. I would pass. At the end of the day, it's every person choice how they want to spend there earnings. That's all.

Megacolor, imo comparing the production costs of QVC to Hot Toys pieces is like comparing apples to...i don't know...beef?!?!

If you wanna compare production costs of watches that might remotely have a similar price structure to HT's, I would suggest using watch brands that require detailed workmanship, as well as licensing. Maybe Hublot's F1 & Manchester United watches can cut it, or Tagheuer's Carrera watches. Even then, it's still apple to oranges loll

Production cost is irrelevant. You pay what you feel it's worth whether it costs the manufacturer a penny or a hundred dollar to make.

I'm actually leaning towards buying this one despite the $500 price tag...cause you know...it's a badass beefed up suit.

Production cost is irrelevant. You pay what you feel it's worth whether it costs the manufacturer a penny or a hundred dollar to make.

I'm actually leaning towards buying this one despite the $500 price tag...cause you know...it's a badass beefed up suit.

Agreed...I don't think I ever thought about production costs while buying something cos if I did, I knew I would end up buying nothing lol

all of Hot Toys plastic molds are also mass produced by machines. everything are created from scratch when they first get a mold.

Plastic molding machine does have a very great range of type from cheap to very very expensive ones, and to make that hot toys mold it should be a high end machinery and expensive just even to make the mold for it, otherwise the product will be in a bad condition and i dont think they use a recycled pellet for making it. And again its the paint job and the research they have done that makes it matters. Not just taking the pellet to the machine, takes mold comes out from the machine and assembled based on the instructions. Everybody can do that. It has more going on in the research to make the basic of the mold, and a lot of skill in paint job (especially head sculpt, and the battle damage ones/ crafting the combined skill for the suit like spiderman/batman etc) before the assembling section.

didn't I said that the license were the only thing that was of value? Its not handmade..its put together by hand...just like everything else thats mass production.

Youre not getting it arent you? Its not just license, after it comes out from the mold, its uncolored and the artist paint it one by one. Its not fully handmade but it includes a lot of skill on the paint there. Theres no machiine that can paint accurately in miniscule like it. See the headsculpt.

can we get back to the figure and forget this debate about cost etc. The worn battle look is cool but I wish it was clean and shiny.

can we get back to the figure and forget this debate about cost etc. The worn battle look is cool but I wish it was clean and shiny.

The first time we see it, it's busting through the containers, so it's not inconceivable that even before House Party was enacted, that Tony had tested the thing out himself during production.
I wish we could have seen a shot of it flying.

About time they reused the Iron Monger mold. Or is that a Hulk body under it? Was hoping they'd reuse Hulk for Drax. Would love me the Destroyer!

Back