Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've made a lot of bold statements. Can you back a single comment up with any fact whatsoever? If these are your opinions, that fine. But state them as opinion. Don't state all these as fact, and no one will HATE on you.

He owns a business, and he outsources to China. That's what he says anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Do you guys know much about shopafx??? I usually buy from bbts because they don't charge nrds and I don't get charged tax from them as well but I just checked out shopafx and they have Igor for $470 and I don't know anything about how their preorders work like If there's cancelation fees, nrds etc???? Any info would be appreciated thanks

Do you guys know much about shopafx??? I usually buy from bbts because they don't charge nrds and I don't get charged tax from them as well but I just checked out shopafx and they have Igor for $470 and I don't know anything about how their preorders work like If there's cancelation fees, nrds etc???? Any info would be appreciated thanks

I've not bought a HT from them, or pre ordered anything from them. But I have ordered from them a dozen times. Mostly minimates. I've never had a single problem.

Here is there statement about payment

Order now and we won't charge your credit card until your order is ready to ship! PayPal orders will be debited immediately. Most orders ship from Hawthorne, California. Click here for more info.

So if you go by his math at $350, so they make $50-$75-$100 in profit because SSC gets a cut too, and its a pretty nice cut im sure. And if retailers can sell it for $469, that means they bought it for much less because retailers need to make profits as well.

So is $50-100 profit off a figure all that greedy? For all the work they put into it? My answer would = NO! Not when eBay and other sellers make $300-$500+ in some cases off some of the figures. To me thats Greed!!!

but whatever...he will believe what he wants...Im done. I promise:lol

:exactly: Yeah man some people will never get it, they just want to complain.

Another reason I'm passing on this is because I WILL be ordering the Whiplash Mk II, and the Gemini armor which I love. Even though the Gemini has even less screen time than Igor, (it's barely visible in the house party line-up) it seems like the type of thing that the Tony Stark character would have designed not only for functionality, but as a salute to NASA and the astronauts.

Love all the declarations by uninformed people on how much this figure will cost. People make outrageous statements that seem to suggest that a figure shouldn't cost more than the cost of the plastic used to manufacture said figure, but it's the time, effort and resources that turn the raw materials, in this case plastic, into the figure which some, as myself, consider a small work of art.

Let's talk licensing. Having looked at many licensing agreements (including Marvel), many operate with a upfront guarantee payment - that is the licensee pays this amount upfront essentially as a advance on royalties for sales of the finished, licensed product. If the licensee doesn't sell enough, it eats the cost. Some licenses may then provide for additional royalty payments based on product sold, with various sliding scales, etc. that are all negotiated, while others only have the one time fixed license fee.

Then, as previously mentioned, you have the R&D costs. While this is a fixed cost (not dependent on units of product sold), this can be substantial. Tooling costs are also a substantial fixed cost. While fixed costs can be recouped from sales of units, manufacturing costs, which are not fixed, can be significant. Every figure sold requires labor cost, and while China has in recent history been viewed as a source of cheap labor, labor costs are rising. Quality control is another cost - its costs $ to send JC Hong or some other HT representative to the PRC to oversee manufacturing. Then you have all the other costs such as outsourcing fees, rents, advertising, insurance, employee benefits, shipping and logistics, legal and accounting costs, salaries and wages for employees (assuming the manufacturing is outsourced), regulatory fees (China has a lot of red tape to wade through), kickbacks and "special payments" (yes, such practices are widespread in China) plus additional overhead costs. It all adds up. Could they charge less and still generate profit? Perhaps, but the "how much" is only known by management and their accountants. As has been stated ad nauseum, they are a business with the goal of generating earnings.

Love all the declarations by uninformed people on how much this figure will cost. People make outrageous statements that seem to suggest that a figure shouldn't cost more than the cost of the plastic used to manufacture said figure, but it's the time, effort and resources that turn the raw materials, in this case plastic, into the figure which some, as myself, consider a small work of art.

Let's talk licensing. Having looked at many licensing agreements (including Marvel), many operate with a upfront guarantee payment - that is the licensee pays this amount upfront essentially as a advance on royalties for sales of the finished, licensed product. If the licensee doesn't sell enough, it eats the cost. Some licenses may then provide for additional royalty payments based on product sold, with various sliding scales, etc. that are all negotiated, while others only have the one time fixed license fee.

Then, as previously mentioned, you have the R&D costs. While this is a fixed cost (not dependent on units of product sold), this can be substantial. Tooling costs are also a substantial fixed cost. While fixed costs can be recouped from sales of units, manufacturing costs, which are not fixed, can be significant. Every figure sold requires labor cost, and while China has in recent history been viewed as a source of cheap labor, labor costs are rising. Quality control is another cost - its costs $ to send JC Hong or some other HT representative to the PRC to oversee manufacturing. Then you have all the other costs such as outsourcing fees, rents, advertising, insurance, employee benefits, shipping and logistics, legal and accounting costs, salaries and wages for employees (assuming the manufacturing is outsourced), regulatory fees (China has a lot of red tape to wade through), kickbacks and "special payments" (yes, such practices are widespread in China) plus additional overhead costs. It all adds up. Could they charge less and still generate profit? Perhaps, but the "how much" is only known by management and their accountants. As has been stated ad nauseum, they are a business with the goal of generating earnings.

busey_clapping.gif

:exactly: You cant say it any better than this.

I think thats a good plan. I think its better as a collector to just buy what you 100% want to keep forever. If you try and buy every release your going to stress yourself out. Buy what you 100% love and most likely you will be a happier collector. And yah, Avengers 2 will have many other figures you will probably want even more and you can wait a few years to save up before they will even be ready to order.

Very good advice. I will be testing myself on this idea when GOTG figures are announced. I've bought everything Marvel and DC because I love everything done so far. I'm completely unfamiliar with GOTG and have already decided I am not getting them.........:horror

You've made a lot of bold statements. Can you back a single comment up with any fact whatsoever? If these are your opinions, that fine. But state them as opinion. Don't state all these as fact, and no one will HATE on you.

Lol, the wholesale business, usually involving cheap, non-durable goods, is hardly the same as the labor-intensive manufacturing of highly detailed goods. In a wholesale business, margins are thin, as you operate on volume - inventory and distribution are the key components. Think "a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh@# out of Hong Kong", to borrow from Top Gun.

acyb7a.gif

I know very little about all the costs involved, and I'm not one of the posters who claimed to. That said, I have a sneaking suspicion that HT could have priced this at $450, and they would still be extremely prosperous- and not alienate any buyers in the process. I bought the Monger from them at a similar price point, and pre-ordered ED-209 for $410, and somehow they managed to scrape along, the poor souls...

I have ordered from there plenty of times and they've been great. I talked to CS there today and confirmed there is no NRD on Igor there. I have never cancelled anything with them though so I have no idea if there is a cancellation fee or not.

Back