Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody on here are poor or can't afford this figure. Its just some of us don't want to feel ripped off by a greedy company.

How are you being ripped off? They aren't making you buy it.

How much profit they are making is meaningless. The price is what it is. Whether it cost HT $50 to make, or $450.

And unless you know every board members financial situation, your statement, Nobody on here are poor or can't afford this figure is based on no fact and I'm pretty sure you aren't the voice of this board.

Whatever anyone says or how they try to justify it $510 is a lot of money to pay for a plastic figure of a character that makes a brief appearance in a crap movie :wave

xejyvs.gif

Much better argument. Can't argue with that.

Gouging doesn't happen on high end Collectibles. It happens on things like alcohol, and soda. These things are actually expensive to make and if Hot Toys could make enough profit to justify the cost selling it, they would mark it cheaper. If no one buys this, they will find a way to offer it cheaper and still make their profit. I laugh when people act shocked that a companies actions show their main interest is in profit. Crazy! I thought Hot Toys was in this business for the satisfaction of putting angel smiles on babies.

Avengers 2 is coming in May of 2015.
Prediction: We will see a red and gold Hulk-Buster version of this,
perhaps without the lifting platform on the top of the shoulders.
I'll get that one.
(If this prediction comes true, you can bet it will have more than 10 seconds of screen time.)

I like Igor. I may buy him, but not until next year, since he probably won't be out until 2015 anyway.

Maybe Hot Toys staff decided to give themselves a raise and had to increase cost of figures - if it really bugs you, just stop buying from them. Heck, I may decide they're getting too pricy on this one and skip it, undetermined yet.

$50 for a Hot Toys quality figure? Absurd. I make custom figures, and I know the cost of supplies, the craft needed, and the hours of the work that goes into them. And frankly, mass production has its own problems and costs as well.

Plus, if you want the best, you have to hire the best - and good artists, designers and sculptors aren't cheap. There is some truth to "you get what you pay for". So buy the $50 figures - I say more power to you if that's your thing then that's cool. I just happen to prefer having a few more highly detailed figures over an army of less detailed ones (nothing against them, that's just me).

I'm sure there's greed in this industry - after all there's greed in every other facet of human life, so go figure! But here's a better question - when is it just giving yourself a raise asking more for your work, and where is the line where it becomes greed? I bet no two people on here will agree on any answers to this one!

I was saying it takes around $50 to mass-produced in China and this figure shouldn't cost no more then $350 max at retail! Do the math and you see how much money they are making.

I'll get that one.
(If this prediction comes true, you can bet it will have more than 10 seconds of screen time.)

And probably a $600 tag on it.

You'll be back here complaining again. Just get it now, you know you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I was saying it takes around $50 to mass-produced in China and this figure shouldn't cost no more then $350 max at retail! Do the math and you see how much money they are making.

So, your solution to the problem then, is not buying it. You made that clear.

Some of us will, deal with it.

I'll get that one.

Speaking of the HB Armor being in Avengers 2, I totally agree. I am betting too that we will see the Hulk Buster in Avengers 2, but i think it will be unique from this Igor Armor, and not just a repaint/remold. Marvel will probably show us something very Bad ***, and Hot Toys will no doubt make us all one to enjoy.

ordered from BBTS. no deposit is nice!!! :) would have ordered from SS if there was an exclusive. what happened there?

All you have to do to realize that $510 isn't a ridiculous price is look back at the long history of $500+ Hot Toys figures.

Sorry, but Monger is waaaaaay more intricate than this figure. Same size, maybe.

I still think they would have sold a lot more of them if they'd come in just under $500, maybe $475 or $489.

I remember trying to sell a bunch of items on Ebay for $40 and $10 shipping, couldn't sell a single one. Then I dropped it to $39 and $9 and they disappeared.

People are weird.

You keep using the word "shouldn't" as if that is empirical. Just say "I don't want it to" or "I wouldn't pay more than" and everyone will get off your case.

Last edited:
And probably a $600 tag on it.

You'll be back here complaining again. Just get it now, you know you want to.

Yes I want it, but I can't afford it. I have several other items ordered which I refuse to cancel, so Igor isn't on the menu for me; it's just too expensive.
However, by the time Avengers 2 comes out, all my current pre-orders will be payed off and I'll be more willing and able to pay for an expensive Hulk Buster. I hope Cyberseven is correct, because I would prefer a unique design for the Hulk Buster, with the classic red and gold.

Last edited:
All you have to do to realize that $510 isn't a ridiculous price is look back at the long history of $500+ Hot Toys figures.

Sorry, but Monger is waaaaaay more intricate than this figure. Same size, maybe.

I still think they would have sold a lot more of them if they'd come in just under $500, maybe $475 or $489.

I remember trying to sell a bunch of items on Ebay for $40 and $10 shipping, couldn't sell a single one. Then I dropped it to $39 and $9 and they disappeared.

People are weird.

i always sell an item on ebay including .99 to make it appear less money. i agree that if igor went 499.99, HT would initially sell more.

this thing is mass produced. Also made in china with all plastic. Cost to make this is around $50 tops! think about it. custom figures are different thats why they are more high in price.

everyone knows a mass produced item is cheap to make in China. The more you make they cheaper it is. Whats there to back up? How much do you think a pair of Nike Jordan cost to make?

Yes your right... I don't work for Hot Toys so i don't know exactly how much. But I do know $500 is no where close on what this item should cost. This item should retail around $250 - $300 max!

Yes ...thats my point exactly!! Thanks!! They are over charging because they can. Thats what I've been saying all this time. People on here are hating on me for saying it.

No they are greedy. If they priced this at $350 they will still make HUGE profits!

Nobody on here are poor or can't afford this figure. Its just some of us don't want to feel ripped off by a greedy company.

You've made a lot of bold statements. Can you back a single comment up with any fact whatsoever? If these are your opinions, that fine. But state them as opinion. Don't state all these as fact, and no one will HATE on you.

This looks really, really good. I caught my wallet trying to escape my back pocket. :(
I just flexed the metal blue beast.

Yes I want it, but I can't afford it. I have several other items ordered which I refuse to cancel, so Igor isn't on the menu for me; it's just too expensive.
However, by the time Avengers 2 comes out, all my current pre-orders will be payed off and I'll be more willing and able to pay for an expensive Hulk Buster.

Well, there's plenty if time.

Maybe something happens (for the better) and you are able to get this along your other figures. It's expensive and I can afford it, but if there were other obligations I'd just pass on him. Everyone is different. Having that said, I hope you do, you seem to like him a lot.

Good luck either way.

Well looks like with everything else I have on order this will be one of the many . I'm only getting the XLII and maybe heart breaker and now Igor because of his size it will look great next to the hulk. I thank geebus for payment plans

Back