Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

If the seller opens the box "for inspection" and is asking MISB prices it's an easy pass.
Once it's opened there's no telling how much it was posed, batteries turned on/off (or even left on accidentally) and displayed.
It's shopping at goHasting's at this point.

I would actually prefer that. There is no such thing as MISB. There is only NISB. If you get a figure that's never been opened and it has flaws then that sucks. Especially since you got it from someone and you can't exchange it. But if you get one that someone has looked over and can tell you if there are any flaws then that is the way to go imo. I know we are talking price but to me that's not what I would care about.

I would actually prefer that. There is no such thing as MISB. There is only NISB. If you get a figure that's never been opened and it has flaws then that sucks. Especially since you got it from someone and you can't exchange it. But if you get one that someone has looked over and can tell you if there are any flaws then that is the way to go imo. I know we are talking price but to me that's not what I would care about.

This. :goodpost:

Agreed, I sold my 1st regular MkVII for more than I paid for it even though it had quite a few minor QC issues. I listed it honestly highlighting the flaws with pictures so that the buyer knew exactly what they were getting.

How often would you say you get a damaged figure that has never been opened? 1% of the time? I'd argue the chances of the figure being damaged increase astronomically once a stranger opens it and starts inspecting since so much can go wrong.

It's a matter of preference, but I'll take my chances with the factory sealed figure 99% of the time. The exception would be a figure release known to have been plagued with qc issues from the start.

I see sellers inspecting and removing the batteries from IM figures as part of their inspection, and selling for NISB/MISB prices. What if they stripped the tiny screws doing this? What if they caused damaged trying to pry batteries out? What if I wanted my IM to light up? It's like paying the same price for a new car off the showroom floor & one that has 10,000 miles on it.

I have a friend that also collects Hot Toys, unfortunately for him he missed out when this went up for pre-order. Fortunately for myself I did get my pre-order in before it sold out. Every since then he has tried and tried to talk me in to selling it to him, I am pretty set on hanging on to it. He was trying to trade me the q.s. Batman, but I am keeping my collection 1/6th. I have most of what he has except his Tobey Spider-man, both normal and black suit, and New Goblin. He is now offering me all three figures for this one BD Mark VII. Already owning the normal Mark VII I admit I am slightly tempted. Three figures for one. But ultimately I can always go to ebay and pick up these Spider-man figures. If I part with the BD Iron Man thats it, its gone. SO on that I lean towards keeping it. Thoughts? :dunno

That's what I am thinking. I just wanted some confirmation from some fellow collectors. My wife thinks I am crazy for not doing it. She obviously is not a collector, and her view is one Iron Man is the same as all the rest and does not see the point. My attempts to explain to her how they are different and why I need them all have failed. :gah:

Last edited:
That's what I am thinking. I just wanted some confirmation from some fellow collectors. My wife thinks I am crazy for not doing it. She obviously is not a collector, and her view is one Iron Man is the same as all the rest and does not see the point. My attempts to explain to her how they are different and why I need them all have failed. :gah:

What works for me is showing my gf the eBay prices. She geeked out when she saw my DX12 sell for $450 on Comicbookmen. If the attention to detail doesn't do it, the price some pay will.

What's the record sell out time for a Hot Toys figure? This one sold in a few hours (three?) IIRC.

Back