Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should open it just to inspect for damage. If you sell it and the buyer opens it to find it damaged, what then? Better to sort this out before sale, or even putting it away in storage.

Wear rubber gloves to prevent fingerprints and acids from getting on the figure.

i sell my factory sealed figures as is. once opened, it loses value.

Is anyone else's BD slightly shorter than the regular MK VII? I noticed it and said WTF?!?!?! I made sure that both are identical in stature (i.e. knees locked out, torso, neck, head all in identical positions, etc.) and it looks like my regular is about 1/8"-1/4" taller than my BD ....

It's your mark vii neck post. I can see 2 lines on that piece and only one on the bd. Pop both of the neck posts off and see if there is a height difference on them. Either vii not shoved down all the way or your head/ neck isn't sitting in the body fully.

It's your clean mark vii neck post. I can see 2 lines on that piece and only one on the bd. Pop both of the neck posts off and see if there is a height difference on them. Either vii not shoved down all the way or your head/ neck isn't sitting in the body fully.

Do you really think this figure would be worth any less if it was opened? Would anyone give a discount if it was opened? No.

If I had opened mine, had it on display for a bit, and then changed my mind, I certainly wouldn't expect to get 500/600 like some people are getting for sealed ones. There's no way someone should pay the same price for an opened figure.

If I had opened mine, had it on display for a bit, and then changed my mind, I certainly wouldn't expect to get 500/600 like some people are getting for sealed ones. There's no way someone should pay the same price for an opened figure.

I'd agree with that.
For my second BD MKVII, when i received it, i had already sorted out a trade for a MISB Iron Monger, so it just got re-addressed and sent out.
Even if i hadn't got a deal in place, i would never have even opened the shipper. It would have remained sealed.
As it is, it is being enjoyed by the new owners right now(And they got the pleasure of popping the seal on the shipper box themselves).

I would disagree. I would open it and remove the batteries and inspect for damage. Otherwise what if it's damaged and you're way past the SS warranty. The buyer will come after you even if it was sealed.

But would you guys keep it sealed in the long term? Since itd be 99,9% sure that the batt would leak.

Not long term I wouldn't. I'll eventually take the batteries out.

But as it is, I'm not planning on holding on to this figure much longer.

And I doubt SSC has any spares to send out if it was damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Do you really think this figure would be worth any less if it was opened? Would anyone give a discount if it was opened? No.

Yes, you would. It stops being "MISB". There's a HUGE difference between "MIB" and "MISB", HUUUUGE. It looses value regardless.

If you are a collector, you should know this.

Okay I've had this figure for over a week now and I still can't get over how amazing this figure looks. The mark 1 and the bd mark vii are my top 2 figures

Yes, you would. It stops being "MISB". There's a HUGE difference between "MIB" and "MISB", HUUUUGE. It looses value regardless.

If you are a collector, you should know this.

That doesn't apply nearly as much with high end stuff as it does with mid end stuff. Statues and hot toys lose minimal value if you keep all the packaging nicely, especially because QC issues, like paint apps, are a concern with high end stuff, often people would prefer something that was opened and inspected.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

If the seller opens the box "for inspection" and is asking MISB prices it's an easy pass.
Once it's opened there's no telling how much it was posed, batteries turned on/off (or even left on accidentally) and displayed.
It's shopping at goHasting's at this point.

i would pay considerably less for most figures on the secondary market if opened, even if not displayed or played with. but there is always the case of a very hard to find figure that had the factory seals broken but was not removed.

75517_538983782842826_477350610_n.jpg

Back