Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm aware that America is TWO continents, actually, but ask most people around the world what an American is and they will say someone from the United States.

You should return one of your BDs, because it was one per customer.

I actually got three. I'll return the extra two.

I don't think you should have to keep explaining yourself Username.

Blackthornone's whole argument is just bogus!

It's cool.
I never did anything wrong. So i don't mind setting the record straight.
I like that guy. If i recall, he pops up every few months just to pick fights. It's very amusing.

Love that clip. :goodpost:

The entire show is brilliant. Best thing on TV since the West Wing finished.
Sharp dialogue, cleverly written and sharply delivered.
It's a shame you can't get an Oscar for a TV show...

Why get so worked up over somebody having two of these? He's not flipping it on ebay or bragging about it. It's not like you were on the waitlist and because he bought one, your waitlist didn't convert. There are people who bought it specifically to flip. THOSE are the people you should be pissed off with because they never had any intention of keeping and enjoying it. Your anger is aimed at the wrong people.

Every Blackthorne post I read aggravates me more and more. On the ignore list he goes.

It's one thing to argue a point when your statements can be backed up by facts or data. It's another when you're just plain misinformed but refuse to acknowledge your ignorance.

<drops mic and walks off stage>

Nothing misinformed about my posts.
Sales of the figure were initially restricted to the U.S.
Why was this done? What is the logical explanation? To ensure as many U.S. customers got one. After they figured enough U.S. customers got one, they figured they would include Europe.
If this wasn't their intent, why have any restrictions AT ALL????

Most of the things they sell don't have such restrictions. Why go out of their way to put restrictions on who buys something? It had to be intentional, and for some purpose.
Sideshow is a U.S. company, so it makes sense I suppose.

People did circumvent this rule by using U.S. addresses to get one when they lived outside the U.S.

The rules were later changed to allow Europeans to order, but that didn't change the fact that Europeans ordered before this, and thus broke the rules.

Those who ordered from Europe later did not break the rules.
The fact that there were shipping restrictions and the fact that some circumvented them, and the fact that some bought more than one has ample data to back it up.

Which of these lacks any proof?

That was not some Machiavellian plot to get this figure.
I have ALWAYS had my friend's address on my Sideshow account.
When the BDMKVII went up for PO, i clicked buy within three minutes of the PO going live.
It went through no problem, and i went to bed for the night. It was only waking up the next day and seeing five extra pages in the thread of people "not in america" who couldn't get on the pre-order list i realised how i was able to order. It was just luck that i had always had that in place. Nothing more.

Having your friend's address on your account IS deceptive and disingenuous as far as indicating where you are from, to Sideshow.

To me, as long as the customer pays the shipping, I don't see how it is important where the person is from, but when a company has a rule that says U.S. customers only, that's the rule.
I tend to respect rules.

It's cool.
I never did anything wrong. So i don't mind setting the record straight.
I like that guy. If i recall, he pops up every few months just to pick fights. It's very amusing.

Thank you. I like Scots, too, so a dislike of people from other countries wasn't my argument. It was the rules as they were stated.

Is the only reason you come here to preach? Are you so perfect to be constantly pointing out what YOU think others are doing wrong?

I betcha Batman and Superman be played by British actors must really sting huh?!

Just you wait till we get an American to play Bond ! We'll make him fat and clumsy, Q will have to give him a specialized MI-6 hover-round, with an oxygen tank and ejector seat because he can't stand on his feet for extended periods of time.

We'll see whos laughing then:pfft:

Just you wait till we get an American to play Bond ! We'll make him fat and clumsy, Q will have to give him a specialized MI-6 hover-round, with an oxygen tank and ejector seat because he can't stand on his feet for extended periods of time.

Probably not me as I am Irish!

When we get a Bond that drinks Guinness and swears a lot you give me a call! :pfft:

Why get so worked up over somebody having two of these? He's not flipping it on ebay or bragging about it. It's not like you were on the waitlist and because he bought one, your waitlist didn't convert. There are people who bought it specifically to flip. THOSE are the people you should be pissed off with because they never had any intention of keeping and enjoying it. Your anger is aimed at the wrong people.

I'm not angry at him for buying one as a European.
He just stated that he hadn't broken the rules, and I thought it important to point out that he had broken two of them.
He at least circumvented the rules.

It is of course no secret that I object very strongly to scalping, and any anger I have in collecting is toward that.

I feel your pain man, missed UPS for the original mk7 and had to wait till the next week for them to come again. I'm praying I don't miss this one too, must get home quickly!

Luckily my wait is only till tomorrow, unless of course she forgets him again in which case she'll be living in the garage all weekend :lol

Having your friend's address on your account IS deceptive and disingenuous as far as indicating where you are from, to Sideshow.

To me, as long as the customer pays the shipping, I don't see how it is important where the person is from, but when a company has a rule that says U>S. customers only, that's the rule.
I tend to respect rules.

I don't normally chime in on arguments over the internet but this one is rich. You can't honestly say that if you wanted this figure and you lived in a foreign country that you wouldn't try and get one if you really wanted one. Even if it was an exclusive (at the time) to the US. SS is a business and more than likely they already had a set amount for the US that they wanted to sell and minimal amount international because of the fees and maybe they didn't get the same deal on this figure from Hot Toys as they did others so maybe they aren't making as much profit if they sell international compared to local. We'll never know. But it's a silly argument to say only Americans should have the right to this figure, when someone overseas really wants the figure to and has a way to get one or more. How's that worse than an American who buys 3 with only the intention to scalp it? Wouldn't you rather have a fellow collector overseas get one than some greedy scalper robbing 3 people out of getting one at retail? And if you truly are that strict on the "rules" laid down by a company who only cares about selling the product, not really who gets it, then you have a problem man.

HEY! I take offense to... (looks in the mirror).... yeah ok.

:lol

Is the only reason you come here to preach? Are you so perfect to be constantly pointing out what YOU think others are doing wrong?

According to the rules, wrong was done. Sideshow's rules. They were at least circumvented. An objective person examining the facts would see that.
My following of Sideshow's rules in this matter was perfect.
I ordered one, to my only house in the U.S. when it was first available on P.O. Absolutely perfect.

Back