Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's sort of funny how some people love the idea of a limited edition collectible until THEY are the ones limited from having one. Then they whine. Oh, this is so unfair, how could SS do this to their international customers. This is an U.S. Character, so it makes sense that people in the U.S. should be guaranteed most of them. How would Canadians feel about U.S. customers getting most of an Alpha Flight character allotment? It would suck. When there is only so many of a U.S. character, the U.S. should be guaranteed most of them.
That said, I don't care about limited edition. I just want quality.

Last edited:
I have the original versions of the MKI and the MKII and both versions of the MKIII (clean and Battle Damaged) and after I get out of this tin can I'm living in (a small trailer) I plan on posing "all my Hot Toys" in different scenes and poses, and I'll have a plan for everyone.

The only thing I'd be willing to ever sell would be a figure that I have two of that are "EXACTLY" the same and that I would have no plans of displaying different than the other; like with the extra Weathered T-600 I'm trying to sell now.

I don't flip and or sell my high end collectibles either. I rarely if ever buy 2 of the same figure though. If I did, then I might sell one.

Europe gets nothing because they suck. Sideshow is actually doing them a favor by offering international sales. It begs the question: why isn't anyone else distributing HT as efficiently as what SS is doing in the US? Because taxes are borderline insane in Europe, just look at the whining about import duties by board members. They didn't even bother opening a warehouse in Europe because of the expenses. The market activity is probably next to nothing compared to the rest of the world; look at the major message boards for 1/6 collecting and they're based in Asia or America.

No sympathies for Europe. Even you get shafted in Lego prices when they are being produced in your area. Yet somehow America ends up being their largest market with the lowest prices. Want to blame someone? Look around you and start screaming at everyone for being a collective group of gingers.

And let me iterate: Sideshow is actually doing Europe a favor by selling internationally. So in conclusion, just stop, stop, just stop sucking.

Last edited:
Europe gets nothing because they suck. Sideshow is actually doing them a favor by offering international sales; they don't distribute abroad, they just sell internationally. It begs the question: why isn't anyone else distributing HT as efficiently as what SS is doing in the US? Because taxes are borderline insane in Europe, just look at the whining about import duties by board members. There is no physical Sideshow warehouse in Europe because they would get taxed to death. The market activity is probably next to nothing compared to the rest of the world; look at the major message boards for 1/6 collecting and they're based in Asia or America.

No sympathies for Europe. Even you get shafted in Lego prices when they are being produced in your area. Yet somehow America ends up being their largest market with the lowest prices. Want to blame someone? Look around you and start screaming at everyone for being a collective group of gingers.

And let me iterate: Sideshow is actually doing Europe a favor by selling internationally. So in conclusion, just stop, stop, just stop sucking.

That's brilliant. Total class.
You sire, are a comic genius.

Europe gets nothing because they suck. Sideshow is actually doing them a favor by offering international sales; they don't distribute abroad, they just sell internationally. It begs the question: why isn't anyone else distributing HT as efficiently as what SS is doing in the US? Because taxes are borderline insane in Europe, just look at the whining about import duties by board members. There is no physical Sideshow warehouse in Europe because they would get taxed to death. The market activity is probably next to nothing compared to the rest of the world; look at the major message boards for 1/6 collecting and they're based in Asia or America.

Damn Man.. tell us how you feel...:rotfl...That was an awesome rant.

Europe gets nothing because they suck. Sideshow is actually doing them a favor by offering international sales. It begs the question: why isn't anyone else distributing HT as efficiently as what SS is doing in the US? Because taxes are borderline insane in Europe, just look at the whining about import duties by board members. They didn't even bother opening a warehouse in Europe because of the expenses. The market activity is probably next to nothing compared to the rest of the world; look at the major message boards for 1/6 collecting and they're based in Asia or America.

That is incorrect. Sideshow DID have a European warehouse, but eventually closed it. People in Europe got things cheaper when Sideshow had the EU warehouse.

tumblr_inline_mlzrhhGj8L1qz4rgp.gif

I can't believe people are still going on about not getting this figure, just give it a rest already

look at it this way
1. Its not the only version on the Mark VII coming out
2. It was overpriced at $295 plus shipping
3. It sold out in only 3 hours even WITHOUT international buyers
4. Most of the people who got one are just going to scalp it 6 months from now anyways
5. It's only 1 Iron Man figure, they're are going to be about a dozen more you spend your hard earned money in the near future

I know this may sound hypocritical for someone who was able to get one but the way some people have taken it out on this board is just sad, its not the end of the world:)

Has anyone been charged their deposit? I haven't seen mine yet even as pending...

No, I haven't seen mine on my card yet either. It will take about 2-3 business days I figure before its on our cards.

When I PO something with SSC it is about 2-3 business days before I see the NRD on my card.

No, I haven't seen mine on my card yet either. It will take about 2-3 business days I figure before its on our cards.

When I PO something with SSC it is about 2-3 business days before I see the NRD on my card.

Ah thanks. I couldn't remember the last deposit I paid. Monger maybe? But I thought it was right away for some reason.

With regards to the $295 price tag:

I was really expecting this figure to be around $240-$250, and was shocked to see the price.

However, after more thought, I'm thinking since this figure was soooo limited that would drive up the cost to produce each figure since they were only making a low quantity.

I wonder how much they would have to charge to make a profit if only 100 of these were produced? $500-$700? Now how about if they made 10,000 of these how much would they charge? $220-$240?

Reading some of the latest posts, it can be amusing (amusingly sad) the conditional spin some members put on their views. Those that try to tar others while they try to portray themselves as little saints. Hidden behind sarcasm to make them look even better.

I don't read a lot of threads on how bad this forum has gotten and I have read my fair share especially when lurking, but some of this you wouldn't think it was a collector forum. Sometimes I wonder the way some of these responses have went in this thread and some of those how they feel towards American's and Europeans, you'd think they were ready to get into a knife fight. Rather than reading respectful passionate collectors instead of expelling this bitter hate for each other regardless where they're from.

No wonder this place has went downhill in recent years if Dave said he wants the place loose. It comes with a penalty and it has been shown in a number of topics.

I can't speak for how everyone else collects but I know I'm really into this piece. I try to be a little more choosy when it comes to things like this. I have the I 2.0, BD EX III, IV & both VIIs on the way. I could've got the V, VI & 42 but decided to pass and just stick to my faves. Is it a GRAIL? No. But definitely a keeper that I'm pumped for

I'm hoping I get it from the waitlist but if not, well, what can you do? There's no way I'll pay big bucks for it despite the fact I have every armour so far. It's already expensive enough without paying a couple hundred more for it. Forget that! :lol

I can't believe people are still going on about not getting this figure, just give it a rest already

look at it this way
1. Its not the only version on the Mark VII coming out
2. It was overpriced at $295 plus shipping
3. It sold out in only 3 hours even WITHOUT international buyers
4. Most of the people who got one are just going to scalp it 6 months from now anyways
5. It's only 1 Iron Man figure, they're are going to be about a dozen more you spend your hard earned money in the near future

I know this may sound hypocritical for someone who was able to get one but the way some people have taken it out on this board is just sad, its not the end of the world:)

Now it's turned into people complaining about the people complaining. :lol

Back