Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With regards to the $295 price tag:

I was really expecting this figure to be around $240-$250, and was shocked to see the price.

However, after more thought, I'm thinking since this figure was soooo limited that would drive up the cost to produce each figure since they were only making a low quantity.

I wonder how much they would have to charge to make a profit if only 100 of these were produced? $500-$700? Now how about if they made 10,000 of these how much would they charge? $220-$240?

Your train of thought is right if this had parts or accessories that had molds made specificly for this offering. But aside from the base all of these parts are from another set. The head is from the 42, the body is just a repaint and the Chitauri weapon is from Cap (and will surly be used again if they ever actually produce the foot soldier). So basically the price IS a bit surprising but basically you're paying $50 extra for the exclusivity of this set

Truth be told, I think that the people who rag on those who complain are less desirable than the complainers. It hurts when something slips away from you. Toys, opportunities, people -- when that which you long for eludes you, to do anything other than hurt would be to entertain denial. We should commiserate with our fellow collectors and allow them to express their crestfallenness however it may manifest. To lose patience with those who are emotive speaks poorly of you, not them.

To say things like, "get over it," or "it's just a toy," does nothing to raise morale. Instead, we should think about how the fortunate future owners of this BD MkVII can let the less fortunate in on the fun. A great way to do this is to brainstorm together possible dioramic photo shoot ideas for when the figure is released; everyone enjoys creative, collaborative images. Another way to spread the love is to get to know the fellow collectors in your area because BD MkVII's eventual arrival will make for a great occasion to have collector meet-and-greets. I know for a lot of figures that I've missed out on in the past, it would do wonders to get the chance to merely see them in person.

My point is: there are ways to make things easier on our sisters and brothers who are down in the dumps over having missed out on the initial chance to own this figure. We should remember that this hobby we all share makes us friends to one another. Any ThreeA fans in the house know how this goes. :cool: :lol

Grab down in your groin region and try to feel for ballz, but i'm doubting there's any there.

It's sort of funny how some people love the idea of a limited edition collectible until THEY are the ones limited from having one. Then they whine. Oh, this is so unfair, how could SS do this to their international customers. This is an U.S. Character, so it makes sense that people in the U.S. should be guaranteed most of them. How would Canadians feel about U.S. customers getting most of an Alpha Flight character allotment? It would suck. When there is only so many of a U.S. character, the U.S. should be guaranteed most of them.
That said, I don't care about limited edition. I just want quality.

Exactly. I even saw some people here saying HT should increase the amount of this figure so everyone who got left out could get one. Totally making the edition size the same as any run of the mill HT figure. Basically they want limited edition if they can get one. If they miss it for any reason HT should throw the limited edition out the window and just make thousands more.

. . .the insults, however, have grown a bit tedious. Please refrain from that.

I agree with that wholeheartedly. It's disheartening seeing someone who appealed to this board's kindness show such a terrible attitude towards the members here.

I was just googling and saw a side by side. They both look pretty darn cool. Part of the reason I didn't bother with this is I'm done spending $200+ on 1:6th figures. If I spend that much money it will be on my statues.

I'm with you, Josh. Sadly, I'm more of an action figure guy, but the $300 mark these things have reached really has me thinking about what these guys are worth to me. I love collecting and adding new pieces, but I just don't get the same enjoyment out of these with the prices they're asking these days.

I think this is all really funny. I did not even know this even went up for PO until yesterday. I have not been on here for a few days, never received an email and it never showed up on Sideshows main page.

I was even home on Friday when this went up :gah:

No big deal, I would have liked to have had it but I do not need it. I did jump on the wait we are making more list :lol

I just wonder how many people out there still do not know this has gone up for PO? If it was not for freaks, I still would not know. It's hard to find on SSC if you do not know where to look.

That's a good attitute to have bro :hi5:

If I had that attitude on 50% of my other purchases, I bet would have a lot more money in the bank. :lol

I love this thread. My fave of the month. It's been a wild sexual roller coaster of pure joy and rage. It's brought the best out of all of us. I hope we can all do this again sometime

I'll cross my fingers that your wait list converts :wink1:. Or if not I hope you can stumble on a good deal for one :hi5:

Thanks! I appreciate it. :)

Your train of thought is right if this had parts or accessories that had molds made specificly for this offering. But aside from the base all of these parts are from another set. The head is from the 42, the body is just a repaint and the Chitauri weapon is from Cap (and will surly be used again if they ever actually produce the foot soldier). So basically the price IS a bit surprising but basically you're paying $50 extra for the exclusivity of this set

the BD VII HS is from the first build of the 191.

Thanks for that matey... I've been checking this thread everyday and missed all this..! Do you or anyone know anywhere who will ship to UK..? Any kind of wait-list anywhere else..? Pleasssseeee helpppp..!!!!

Thanks for that matey... I've been checking this thread everyday and missed all this..! Do you or anyone know anywhere who will ship to UK..? Any kind of wait-list anywhere else..? Pleasssseeee helpppp..!!!!

You'll probably have to check with a HK dealer. Or eBay.

You'll probably have to check with a HK dealer. Or eBay.

really!!! joining the party this late means going without or getting raped. i decided that i like my virginity and can live without it. still a chance my waitlist will convert. stranger things have happened.

i dont have any experience but just from looking the HK Sellers mark up or raise prices to extreme prices. i saw a HK Seller selling the Mark V shoes for 50 bucks not including shipping ridicuous

FYI...., i don't know if people are aware of this, but EVERY US seller that has a battle damaged iron man mark VII promo edition for sale on Ebay is breaking FEDERAL LAW. if you don't have the item in hand and collect full payment, you MUST ship within 30 days or it's a FEDERAL crime. internet fraud. all the feds need is a complaint to follow up on.

https://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fraud/internet_fraud/internet_fraud#iaf

FYI...., i don't know if people are aware of this, but EVERY US seller that has a battle damaged iron man mark VII promo edition for sale on Ebay is breaking FEDERAL LAW. if you don't have the item in hand and collect full payment, you MUST ship within 30 days or it's a FEDERAL crime. internet fraud. all the feds need is a complaint to follow up on.

And? Failing to see a point here.

i dont have any experience but just from looking the HK Sellers mark up or raise prices to extreme prices. i saw a HK Seller selling the Mark V shoes for 50 bucks not including shipping ridicuous

There are some good ones out there and people have used them before. I don't because I won't pre-order on eBay, but some have and haven't had any trouble.

Back