Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading some of the latest posts, it can be amusing (amusingly sad) the conditional spin some members put on their views. Those that try to tar others while they try to portray themselves as little saints. Hidden behind sarcasm to make them look even better.

I don't read a lot of threads on how bad this forum has gotten and I have read my fair share especially when lurking, but some of this you wouldn't think it was a collector forum. Sometimes I wonder the way some of these responses have went in this thread and some of those how they feel towards American's and Europeans, you'd think they were ready to get into a knife fight. Rather than reading respectful passionate collectors instead of expelling this bitter hate for each other regardless where they're from.

No wonder this place has went downhill in recent years if Dave said he wants the place loose. It comes with a penalty and it has been shown in a number of topics.

Sometimes post counts and join dates tell alot. Sometimes.

Sometimes post counts and join dates tell alot. Sometimes.
Indeed.:lecture
Jesus, there are some very dumb people on this board, small minded self appreciating asses who don't know what's outside their front door.
The sort of people who have never owned a passport, just all round arses really.
Present company excluded, obviously. :lol but you all know who you are.
Or not.

Last edited:
Jesus, there are some very dumb people on this board, small minded self appreciating asses who don't know what's outside their front door.
The sort of people who have never owned a passport, just all round arses really.
Or not.

*******s are everywhere unfortunately man. You just can't teach some people manners and character. They either have it of they don't.

I have this figure and the standard one on order. I have been into HT's for a while but started late in collecting the Hot Toys Iron Man figures, so these will be my 1st red and gold IM figures. I have the War machine Milk version, and Mark 2 AU, and Mark V, and the Iron Monger.

The Mark 7's will just look BEAST in my collection.

Guessing my glad i havn't been reading this thread for a few days... This is an AWESOME figure, the paint app is the best battle damage on an Iron Man figure to date enough said right? And its an added bonus that this is not to far from release date

I have this figure and the standard one on order. I have been into HT's for a while but started late in collecting the Hot Toys Iron Man figures, so these will be my 1st red and gold IM figures. I have the War machine Milk version, and Mark 2 AU, and Mark V, and the Iron Monger.

The Mark 7's will just look BEAST in my collection.

Wow, minus the Mark V (which i really want to find "reasonable") we are exactly in the same boat, i have the same exact figures and started late collecting Iron man too, lol how cool :1-1: and I'll wait for them to come in the mail but Iron Monger is the Beast so far :lecture

I think this is all really funny. I did not even know this even went up for PO until yesterday. I have not been on here for a few days, never received an email and it never showed up on Sideshows main page.

I was even home on Friday when this went up :gah:

No big deal, I would have liked to have had it but I do not need it. I did jump on the wait we are making more list :lol

I just wonder how many people out there still do not know this has gone up for PO? If it was not for freaks, I still would not know. It's hard to find on SSC if you do not know where to look.

Guessing my glad i havn't been reading this thread for a few days... This is an AWESOME figure, the paint app is the best battle damage on an Iron Man figure to date enough said right? And its an added bonus that this is not to far from release date

Yep, you missed all the craziness, but that is a good thing...:rotfl...

I agree with you that this is some of the best BD I have seen on an IM figure.
Don't get me wrong, I love it when HT includes BD parts for other IM figures, but to make one that is just BD is IMHO a great fricken idea.

I wanted this figure even if it wasn't a movie promo limited edition.

I like a clean looking armor too, but the way they did this
IM just looks so Kick ***.:yess:

Truth be told, I think that the people who rag on those who complain are less desirable than the complainers. It hurts when something slips away from you. Toys, opportunities, people -- when that which you long for eludes you, to do anything other than hurt would be to entertain denial. We should commiserate with our fellow collectors and allow them to express their crestfallenness however it may manifest. To lose patience with those who are emotive speaks poorly of you, not them.

To say things like, "get over it," or "it's just a toy," does nothing to raise morale. Instead, we should think about how the fortunate future owners of this BD MkVII can let the less fortunate in on the fun. A great way to do this is to brainstorm together possible dioramic photo shoot ideas for when the figure is released; everyone enjoys creative, collaborative images. Another way to spread the love is to get to know the fellow collectors in your area because BD MkVII's eventual arrival will make for a great occasion to have collector meet-and-greets. I know for a lot of figures that I've missed out on in the past, it would do wonders to get the chance to merely see them in person.

My point is: there are ways to make things easier on our sisters and brothers who are down in the dumps over having missed out on the initial chance to own this figure. We should remember that this hobby we all share makes us friends to one another. Any ThreeA fans in the house know how this goes. :cool: :lol

Wow, minus the Mark V (which i really want to find "reasonable") we are exactly in the same boat, i have the same exact figures and started late collecting Iron man too, lol how cool :1-1: and I'll wait for them to come in the mail but Iron Monger is the Beast so far :lecture

Nice!:1-1:...I agree. Iron Monger is a show stopper. He is easily my favorite HT to date.

BD Mark7 and Standard Mark7 have some steep competition in my collection, but I really think they will shine in their own right.

Or not.

I really hope that wasn't directed towards me, just stating the fact that this board is for discussion of the figure itself, not a place to type a sob story

I really hope that wasn't directed towards me, just stating the fact that this board is for discussion of the figure itself, not a place to type a sob story

Oh geez. You have no idea what a message board is all about. People are going to vent, *****, complain, cheer, love, hate or whatever on it. You can't pick and choose.

I suggest if you don't like what some say, put them on ignore, then you don't have to read it.

Or not.

Well, Twitter and Facebook gave them an even bigger audience. How many times do you hear defamation on the news from people on Twitter?

I love this thread. My fave of the month. It's been a wild sexual roller coaster of pure joy and rage. It's brought the best out of all of us. I hope we can all do this again sometime

I'm hoping I get it from the waitlist but if not, well, what can you do? There's no way I'll pay big bucks for it despite the fact I have every armour so far. It's already expensive enough without paying a couple hundred more for it. Forget that! :lol

I'll cross my fingers that your wait list converts :wink1:. Or if not I hope you can stumble on a good deal for one :hi5:

With regards to the $295 price tag:

I was really expecting this figure to be around $240-$250, and was shocked to see the price.

However, after more thought, I'm thinking since this figure was soooo limited that would drive up the cost to produce each figure since they were only making a low quantity.

I wonder how much they would have to charge to make a profit if only 100 of these were produced? $500-$700? Now how about if they made 10,000 of these how much would they charge? $220-$240?

Glad you finally came to your senses :rotfl

Truth be told, I think that the people who rag on those who complain are less desirable than the complainers. It hurts when something slips away from you. Toys, opportunities, people -- when that which you long for eludes you, to do anything other than hurt would be to entertain denial. We should commiserate with our fellow collectors and allow them to express their crestfallenness however it may manifest. To lose patience with those who are emotive speaks poorly of you, not them.

To say things like, "get over it," or "it's just a toy," does nothing to raise morale. Instead, we should think about how the fortunate future owners of this BD MkVII can let the less fortunate in on the fun. A great way to do this is to brainstorm together possible dioramic photo shoot ideas for when the figure is released; everyone enjoys creative, collaborative images. Another way to spread the love is to get to know the fellow collectors in your area because BD MkVII's eventual arrival will make for a great occasion to have collector meet-and-greets. I know for a lot of figures that I've missed out on in the past, it would do wonders to get the chance to merely see them in person.

My point is: there are ways to make things easier on our sisters and brothers who are down in the dumps over having missed out on the initial chance to own this figure. We should remember that this hobby we all share makes us friends to one another. Any ThreeA fans in the house know how this goes. :cool: :lol

Yes it does suck if you didn't get one to order and yes this being public forum everyone has the right to say what they feel and for a while not much was really said, but after about 75+ pages of the same argument I can understand why people might start saying to "get over it".

Yup, it's right there on the bottom right corner.

img3972y.jpg

I may not be able to get the BD mark 7 (unless by miracle the wait list converts) but I have to admit the original looks really bad a** on its own. In the end I think I will be happy with the amazing original if my wait list doesn't convert which I have low hopes for anyway of happening

Back