Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was so exciting about this one? I have the regular Mark VII coming and besides just having more BD parts the only other thing is the base right?

A whole modified paint scheme with "dirt/dusty" and battle damaged parts. The base, the extra chitauri gun and the stupid fact that it is very limited and people want to have a limited piece like that in their collection lol

Oh sure, this is an exciting figure. But I'm just saying if you miss out there WILL be better/more exciting figures in the future. People can brag now but it'd be like bragging about having Jedi Luke's exclusive pistol. Who cares? My HT Luke laughs at that dumb old monkey armed dude.

:lecture What he said. I'm on the wait list and i will still buy it if I can get it retail.

I don't think it's a fair comparison to the old SS SW figures though :lol

A whole modified paint scheme with "dirt/dusty" and battle damaged parts. The base, the extra chitauri gun and the stupid fact that it is very limited and people want to have a limited piece like that in their collection lol

Got ya. So basically instead of leaving all the BD parts with the original they just took some of them and created a new figure. This one will fall off eventually and be like the Gunmetal Iron Man figures/Special War Machine I just sold a while back.

but the battle damage is badd @ss....:thud:

It is. I can mix a few pieces of BD from my regular Mark VII and be ok.

What was so exciting about this one? I have the regular Mark VII coming and besides just having more BD parts the only other thing is the base right?

Well before the repulsor hands seemed to be an exclusive extra but it sounds like they may make it into the reg VII set. So you get the stand, the 42 sculpt and the BD. Plus the collectibility of a rarer piece. Even though you can't match it to a screen shot I still dig he hell out of it despite it's idealized. I'm looking to keep the clean in the HOA and the BD with the team :yess:

:lol

Because the clean version (even with the minor little BD parts it comes with) is just too clean for an Avengers team display. Its great as an "Iron Man" piece or museum figure or whatever but he never stood with the team in armor that nice. Any interaction he had with other Avengers during the Chitauri fight was with beat to hell armor and that's what this release represents.

I've had my BD Mark VI look on display for about a year now. It really grew on me. This figure gives you something even more distinctive and interesting as a variant than totally different IM suits often do IMO.

You are welcome to buy it on eBay, which it would be a risk too. At least here I could offer you the peace of mind as I am part of the community and have done business before and the recent involvement with sideshow, admins, charity, etc.
On eBay is a complete stranger not even related to the forum.
I told you I would make sure the deal goes smootly, but your paranoia is too high.
Still no reason for you to insult me in the first place, idiot.
I remind you I am just the messenger here.

Dude. . .please don't use the recent charity issue as a means of trying to help you with future transactions.
:goodpost: Kara
x

Not to help me with future transactions, but I used as an example on how exposed I am to the community and admins in comparison with a random poster. All my info is out there.
You do realise that the 'random poster' you are referring to has been here 2 years longer than you, right?
Your info may be out there Mr International DJ but you're not doing yourself any favours by offering to help your 'friends'. Firstly, selling an item that is not 'in hand' is against forum Rules, as is Selling outside Commerce (which I've told you before). Just an FYI.
x

so you talk smack about my dead father and dying mother in personal messages? not cool dude...not cool. :thwak

No, I simply took your insult and applied to them. Didn't know the specifics then, didn't care as it was figuratively speaking. Can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Period.

If anyone receives insulting or harassing pm's please report them and forward them to a mod or the admin of the Forum.
Thank ya. Now, back on track with the thread...what was it about again?? oh yes, the HT sales overseas....no, wait a minute :gah: :offtopic: :lol
Play nice kiddies :1-1: :rock
x

Last edited:
Well before the repulsor hands seemed to be an exclusive extra but it sounds like they may make it into the reg VII set. So you get the stand, the 42 sculpt and the BD. Plus the collectibility of a rarer piece. Even though you can't match it to a screen shot I still dig he hell out of it despite it's idealized. I'm looking to keep the clean in the HOA and the BD with the team :yess:

It looks cool. So I can understand folks going for this. I just personally was curious since I don't find it a huge upgrade over what I've already ordered.

Because the clean version (even with the minor little BD parts it comes with) is just too clean for an Avengers team display. Its great as an "Iron Man" piece or museum figure or whatever but he never stood with the team in armor that nice. Any interaction he had with other Avengers during the Chitauri fight was with beat to hell armor and that's what this release represents.

I suppose. I think if you switch out to some of the BD parts it fits with this picture I'll link to. That for me will be good enough within my Iron Man/Marvel display. I only ended up getting the Mark VII and Loki from The Avengers.

Avengers Team Pic

Slightly Beat Up Mark VII

:goodpost: Kara
x

You do realise that the 'random poster' you are referring to has been here 2 years longer than you, right?
Your info may be out there Mr International DJ but you're not doing yourself any favours by offering to help your 'friends'. Firstly, selling an item that is not 'in hand' is against forum Rules, as is Selling outside Commerce (which I've told you before). Just an FYI.
x

If anyone receives insulting or harassing pm's please report them and forward them to a mod or the admin of the Forum.
Thank ya. Now, back on track with the thread...what was it about again?? oh yes, the HT sales overseas....no, wait a minute :gah: :offtopic: :lol
Play nice kiddies :1-1: :rock
x

Not referring to any random poster in particular, thus the word random.

You gotta see a side by side comparison in order to appreciate the detailing, I guess, Josh.

I was just googling and saw a side by side. They both look pretty darn cool. Part of the reason I didn't bother with this is I'm done spending $200+ on 1:6th figures. If I spend that much money it will be on my statues.

That's a wise choice actually, wish I could too. But unfortunately Ive always been a action figure > statue sort of collector. I prefer to make my own pose or at least know the option of having it as opposed to have a static pose which can't be suit to my liking or when I'm bored with that angle. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose :duff

I guess I am simply surprised at how seemingly personal some people are taking this figure. No matter what Sideshow had done, they would have pissed someone off.

If they had declined to carry it, due to the exclusions, they would have pissed off their U.S. base.

But for the record, what time of day would have been "correct?" Because, I am willing to bet, regardless of when it was, that it would have been inconvenient to someone regardless of when it went up.

You are missing one important point. Some of these complainers have giant sense of entitlement. They think Sideshow owes them this and any figure they want. That means they refuse acknowlege that whatever time sideshow put it up a group of people would have missed it for various reasons. All they are concerned with is their own personal wants. To them no one else matters because the world revolves around them.

You are missing one important point. Some of these complainers have giant sense of entitlement. They think Sideshow owes them this and any figure they want. That means they refuse acknowlege that whatever time sideshow put it up a group of people would have missed it for various reasons. All they are concerned with is their own personal wants. To them no one else matters because the world revolves around them.

:goodpost:

That's a wise choice actually, wish I could too. But unfortunately Ive always been a action figure > statue sort of collector. I prefer to make my own pose or at least know the option of having it as opposed to have a static pose which can't be suit to my liking or when I'm bored with that angle. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose :duff

Sadly its just gotten to a point that action figures are fully in the same range as statues. I can't do that anymore. I have always treated action figures the same as statues picking and pose and leaving it. I agree with you. Different strokes for different folks.

Nah Khev, I'm pretty sure this is gonna be the biggest grail over the decade.

Are you sure? I've observed for years, once people get bored of this figure. The next one is all thats getting raved about. Always in cycles.

Sadly its just gotten to a point that action figures are fully in the same range as statues. I can't do that anymore. I have always treated action figures the same as statues picking and pose and leaving it. I agree with you. Different strokes for different folks.
I can't get over at times how these figures now can cost more than some of Intel's latest quad core i7 chips. 2 figures could get you Intel's beefy hex core chips.

Buy about 3 figures and you can get some crazy fast graphics cards. Or Intel's top of the range hex core cpu.

I have the original versions of the MKI and the MKII and both versions of the MKIII (clean and Battle Damaged) and after I get out of this tin can I'm living in (a small trailer) I plan on posing "all my Hot Toys" in different scenes and poses, and I'll have a plan for everyone.

The only thing I'd be willing to ever sell would be a figure that I have two of that are "EXACTLY" the same and that I would have no plans of displaying different than the other; like with the extra Weathered T-600 I'm trying to sell now.

Are you sure? I've observed for years, once people get bored of this figure. The next one is all thats getting raved about. Always in cycles..

I think it depends on the quality of the figure. I thought the Batman Begins Toy Fair Exclusive was going to become one of the most sought after figures in the future, but because of it's poor quality and issues collectors are having with the figures, people aren't as crazy about it as much when it first came out. Now I am hoping Hot Toys gives this figure a DX treatment.

Hopefully, this figure stands the test of time....I think it will.

Back