Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you wanted me to take ALL the risk...for what? i guess you...errr that girl wasn't happy with a $250 profit. greed is one of the seven deadly sins. :rotfl

Yes you would be taking all the risk and its actually very wise of you to not make the deal then, but how does that make him as you stated earlier a tool???

Well regarding the OT posting. . .I think people are getting something out of it. And venting is important in situations like this. The figure is what it is, the release has been what it has been. There isn't much else to discuss until it is released. And Dave prefers this forum to have a pretty loose and free vibe to it, so I don't see a need to reign things in just yet.

Everything else is drowning out the next reason why his thread should go into meltdown :lol. I hope this method of linking sales with other figures a la Selene Kyle style stops ASAP. This here is true horse s-it
This goes back, at least, to the T-1000 figure. Smart business move IMO.

Not me, her.
You keep talking as If is me setting the terms.
Dude whatever I don't want stress for something I'm niot getting any benefits. I just tried to help

so you talk smack about my dead father and dying mother in personal messages? not cool dude...not cool. :thwak

Well regarding the OT posting. . .I think people are getting something out of it. And venting is important in situations like this. The figure is what it is, the release has been what it has been. There isn't much else to discuss until it is released. And Dave prefers this forum to have a pretty loose and free vibe to it, so I don't see a need to reign things in just yet.

This goes back, at least, to the T-1000 figure. Smart business move IMO.

I can't remember the accuracy of the figure to the scene but wasn't that head warranted for that specific fig? If it wasn't for the doughnut head, some shot ripples and the base you wouldn't have any other indication that this was supposed to be the T 1000 in disguise

so you talk smack about my dead father and dying mother in personal messages? not cool dude...not cool. :thwak

No, I simply took your insult and applied to them. Didn't know the specifics then, didn't care as it was figuratively speaking. Can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Period.

No, I simply took your insult and applied to them. Didn't know the specifics then, didn't care as it was figuratively speaking. Can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Period.

images

I can't remember the accuracy of the figure to the scene but wasn't that head warranted for that specific fig? If it wasn't for the doughnut head, some shot ripples and the base you wouldn't have any other indication that this was supposed to be the T 1000 in disguise
That's true, but do you think HT's first idea was to make a "T-1000 in diguise," or another Sarah Connor? I think the latter, and they then realized the financial benefit in repackaging that figure with the different head and other little nods to the T-1000.

Guys, I just realized something :lol you do know that this is just the flavor of the week/exc figure of 2013 right? :lol
Fast forward 1 year, and this thread would be exactly the 2011 Batman Begins Bruce Wayne figure - missing parts, loose joints etc. and sub par sculpts and hints of a 2.0 coming soon. Let's face it, part of the fun is hunting and anticipating the arrival of the figure. Once you got it and admired it for a few weeks, it doesn't feel as exciting as the next new figure. My point is, if you missed it, it's fine. There's bound to be the next exclusive 'it' figure of the year next year and the year later etc. HT is a business after all, and they have a bunch of people who throw around ideas every year and come up with a figure that will create buzz like this one. I'm pretty sure this isn't the last figure that'll be The be all end all fig from HT.

So insanely true. Today's "MUST HAVE AT ALL COSTS" is tomorrow's "meh." Does anyone really care about the "grails" of yesteryear? Grey Hulk Diorama, Exclusive Doom PF, Hot Toys Mk VI Promo Avenger. Every once in a while someone will post a display that includes old figures/PF's and someone will go "oh you got the Green Hulk PF from a while back, neat, I always did like that one" and its just no big deal.

There will be future Iron Mans from IM3, IM4, Avengers 2, etc., that will diminish this new exclusive in time. Heck this figure doesn't even have screen accurate battle scars so the door is still open for a 2.0 (with correct face scratches, die cast parts, etc.) Its all about perspective.

Years ago I was frantically calling Sideshow from work to secure an order for an exclusive ROTS Anakin (which I think came with a tiny hologram or something.) I was quite stressed about it. How silly to think back. I sold that dumb lipstick Anakin years ago and have HT's badass Bespin Luke on display now.

That's true, but do you think HT's first idea was to make a "T-1000 in diguise," or another Sarah Connor? I think the latter, and they then realized the financial benefit in repackaging that figure with the different head and other little nods to the T-1000.

I'm not sure what their initial intent was but the T1000 in disguise makes sense. Aside from Kyle and Snapper I can't remember them threading figs like this before

Can't we all accept the fact that Hot toys does whatever the hell they want and still make millions? There is no point in arguing, fighting, cursing about it, they clearly don't give a rats *** and we will STILL buy figures from them.

So insanely true. Today's "MUST HAVE AT ALL COSTS" is tomorrow's "meh." Does anyone really care about the "grails" of yesteryear? Grey Hulk Diorama, Exclusive Doom PF, Hot Toys Mk VI Promo Avenger. Every once in a while someone will post a display that includes old figures/PF's and someone will go "oh you got the Green Hulk PF from a while back, neat, I always did like that one" and its just no big deal.

There will be future Iron Mans from IM3, IM4, Avengers 2, etc., that will diminish this new exclusive in time. Heck this figure doesn't even have screen accurate battle scars so the door is still open for a 2.0 (with correct face scratches, die cast parts, etc.) Its all about perspective.

Years ago I was frantically calling Sideshow from work to secure an order for an exclusive ROTS Anakin (which I think came with a tiny hologram or something.) I was quite stressed about it. How silly to think back. I sold that dumb lipstick Anakin years ago and have HT's badass Bespin Luke on display now.

I can't speak for how everyone else collects but I know I'm really into this piece. I try to be a little more choosy when it comes to things like this. I have the I 2.0, BD EX III, IV & both VIIs on the way. I could've got the V, VI & 42 but decided to pass and just stick to my faves. Is it a GRAIL? No. But definitely a keeper that I'm pumped for

I'm not sure what their initial intent was but the T1000 in disguise makes sense. Aside from Kyle and Snapper I can't remember them threading figs like this before
In any case, the extra head was solely intended to benefit another figure, and enhance its sales. Or at least, that's how it appeared to me.

I can't speak for how everyone else collects but I know I'm really into this piece. I try to be a little more choosy when it comes to things like this. I have the I 2.0, BD EX III, IV & both VIIs on the way. I could've got the V, VI & 42 but decided to pass and just stick to my faves. Is it a GRAIL? No. But definitely a keeper that I'm pumped for

Oh sure, this is an exciting figure. But I'm just saying if you miss out there WILL be better/more exciting figures in the future. People can brag now but it'd be like bragging about having Jedi Luke's exclusive pistol. Who cares? My HT Luke laughs at that dumb old monkey armed dude.

Can't we all accept the fact that Hot toys does whatever the hell they want and still make millions? There is no point in arguing, fighting, cursing about it, they clearly don't give a rats *** and we will STILL buy figures from them.

Pretty much sums up every Hot Toys Iron Man thread.:lol

What was so exciting about this one? I have the regular Mark VII coming and besides just having more BD parts the only other thing is the base right?

Back