Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys, here's your HT lesson of the day....

unless there is a specific edition amount listed by hot toys, the figure will be listed as 'limited' or 'extremely limited' if they are producing an item in a not so popular genre.

either means that they will be producing the figure as long as there's an interest through sales. once they determine the interest has waned in popularity (sales) with no chance of resurgence, the item sells out after all previous production stock in expelled.

this is why you'll see a figure for sale for what seems forever, then it's all of a sudden listed as sold out, and no retailers have any for sale.

take this to the bank as i have been buying hot toys for several years, and this is my honest observation.

and that folks is how pre-ordering works....... :rotfl

Yes, but the simple fact that we don't see a dedicated European Hot Toys distributor is indicative of that the sales are most likely just not there to justify it.

And lets' be honest, a good chunk of the counties within Europe are not likely to have a lot of disposable income as compared with the U.S. or the UK. I'm not trying to put that part of the world down, only state the reality of the situation from a business perspective.

Once you remove all the former Soviet Union nations, which let's face it are not in the greatest economic shape, that number drops off massively.

That's because Sideshow is the main HT distributer in Europe!

I would not be emailing/calling a company or be on a forum crying because I could not get a figure but then my parents did not spoil me rotten. I don't go thru life feeling I am entitled to anything so I don't tend to stomp my feet and behave like a spoiled brat when things don't go my way.

Well you've certainly got a holier than thou attitude so you've picked that up from somewhere

If there was such a spot I'm sure one of the sellers would of picked it up and ran with it long ago, fact is as far as I'm concerned no such spot has ever been available - I mean all of the UK sellers over here do sell their allocation of PO's for Hot Toys figures so why wouldn't one of them jump at the chance to be the official UK/European distributor?

I know we have an official Enterbay seller

No dealers anywhere in the world have the sane relationship that SS has with HT. The local guys that you're talking about are of the same capacity as AE, BBTS and the various sized online dealers. Canada has their own go to guys that are similar as do several other countries; but no one is doing exactly what SS is doing. The not only make their own products but the are the main importer for HT and several other international companies as well as a distributor for local manufactures too. The only other entity I can think of that's of the same ilk is DC Direct; another American Co.

I'm not trying to fight with you or talk up America in anyway but as far as collecting goes, a lot points to the fact that this and Asia are the main hubs of the world

That "basic math" would be very very wrong...
Total Population in Europe: 750million Approx
Total Polulation in Australia: 23million Approx

That's just Europe and Oz making 773million people? Thats over twice the US and those are pretty much all "1st world" countries.

I'm positive it has a lot less to do with total population and a lot more to do with how much of a given population is collecting, and how much are they spending yearly

and let's also face the facts. HOT TOYS IS A BUSINESS! LOL

they are only releasing figures to companies with bucks enough to pay for the licensing fees. if your country is or isn't a huge one, but there are no distributors or large retailers to pay for licensing and stock, your country will not be considered when they divide their allotments. nothing personal...just business!!!

Goodness we need to rename this thread "The Social Idiosyncrasies of Hot Toys and the MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)"

Amazing the breadth we are tracking across with this thread!

i don't know of any figures rewards points can't be used for. i thought the restrictions were just on gift card, but that list has grown tremendously.

I didn't either but in the past I thought I tried it for something and couldn't. Maybe it was something during Spook. I can't remember past yesterday most of the time.

I dunno where you got your info from, but if this is true, then that prolly means SS US sales quota reaches the target and got the exclusive figure, while their EU sales didn't, hence they can only offer this to the US buyers.

Goodness we need to rename this thread "The Social Idiosyncrasies of Hot Toys and the MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)"

Amazing the breadth we are tracking across with this thread!
Don't be so quick to limit the discussion to only social issues. We're teetering on the edge of a political discussion, as well. I was *this close* to posting Don Rumsfeld's Old/New Europe press conference :lol

Sideshow is the primary distributor simply because a local one does not exist.

A local distributor would be more efficient and more profitable.

The reality simply comes down to the fact that European sales are most likely considerably lower than the Asian or U.S. markets. If they weren't we would see exclusives and dedicated distributors.

I dunno where you got your info from, but if this is true, then that prolly means SS US sales quota reaches the target and got the exclusive figure, while their EU sales didn't, hence they can only offer this to the US buyers.

if HT tells sideshow, you can only offer this small allotment to US customers, that's what SS does. not rocket science but SS can always not agree and they'd get nothing.

i learned a bit about licensing from bowen. he was very paranoid about losing his licensing which only includes the US. that's why he teamed up with SS, so his items can be distributed to other markets.

Sideshow is the primary distributor simply because a local one does not exist.

A local distributor would be more efficient and more profitable.

The reality simply comes down to the fact that European sales are most likely considerably lower than the Asian or U.S. markets. If they weren't we would see exclusives and dedicated distributors.

:goodpost::clap

The only way that makes sense is if this is a conscious reward for Sideshow's US collectors

This thead is on fire. Freaks have almost posted 1,300 times and spanned almost 130 pages since the first indication this figure launched in post number #1714. :dance

I wonder what percent of that is actual figure convo. :rotfl

The only way that makes sense is if this is a conscious reward for Sideshow's US collectors

It's all down to their sales data, and I'm sure SS shares it with HT as well.

Sorry for you guys in the UK, but if it's any consolation, there hasn't been any info whether Indonesia will get the exclusives this year. :panic:

This thead is on fire. Freaks have almost posted 1,300 times and spanned almost 130 pages since the first indication this figure launched in post number #1714. :dance

I wonder what percent of that is actual figure convo. :rotfl

discussion evolves. that's why i'm puzzled why a new thread needs to be opened. natural conversation evolves in person, why not in written form?

If a person has been out of the loop the last 2 days mining through 1,300 posts for figure details could get quite maddening.

This discussion could have definitely started a new thread, and still got as much attention given the topic. I am all for the discussion, just crazy how this got legs and started running.

one of the advantages of living in the USA!!! :rotfl

btw, that 'girl' joshh was trying to say had a BD VII for sale is definitely him. i tried to deal with him for $100 up front, then an exchange of the BD IM and my factory sealed Iron Monger. that's about a $550 value. he wanted it all up front. when i balked, he said simply...'thank you for your interest.' :lol what a tool. :thwak

I sure hope he made his flight :wink1:

If a person has been out of the loop the last 2 days mining through 1,300 posts for figure details could get quite maddening.

This discussion could have definitely started a new thread, and still got as much attention given the topic. I am all for the discussion, just crazy how this got legs and started running.

so now concessions have to be made for a person not here? funny when a person misses the pre-order and complains, he sorts through infinite 'you should have been available' posts. i believe the same should apply in this case.

Back