Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my iPad is about to die and it's nearly 1am here in the UK so I'm going to bow out now and cry myself to sleep

One more time just for the record though **** you sideshow **** you

Im going to toys r us tomorrow to buy a kids Iron Man figure and im going to kick the crap out of it :pfft:

I know people are not happy about the price increase, but there is a boat load more paint on this one then the standard. All of the blast markings and scratches takes a skilled person to apply. Whether its decals or actual painting, it takes more processing to get this figure made. Casting parts cost money in molds, but once they are made, they can easily be repeated. I thinking a lot of production cost is wrapped up in paint.

Is this meant to justify? No.

Just an opinion.

Haven't read the last 10 pages or so....but I wonder if there is any chance they made less than 3000 of these figures (which would justify the price). I would think they would disclose that info if they had, but for it to be US only, it must me be VERY LIMITED. Unless other regions will be getting it later. :dunno

I do remember when I PO mark vi avengers edition there was limited 3000 in red. Hmmm I don't see any number listed here.

It's funny how so many people jump on this at $300 + $10 shipping (or more) yet are so against buying a Diecast figure for $310.

Either way, I placed my order in, rather not regret it in the future.

pretty much.

when $300 becomes the norm of a MMS release they will have only themselves to blame. oh well!

I know people are not happy about the price increase, but there is a boat load more paint on this one then the standard. All of the blast markings and scratches takes a skilled person to apply. Whether its decals or actual painting, it takes more processing to get this figure made. Casting parts cost money in molds, but once they are made, they can easily be repeated. I thinking a lot of production cost is wrapped up in paint.

Is this meant to justify? No.

Just an opinion.

or it could just be the fact that LIMITED is in the item description and that's HT's cue to slap on $50 to the price tag:lol

Not sure why everyone is directing their anger at Sideshow.

Sideshow is a distributor for Hot Toys.

Hot Toys obviously wants to control the markets in which this thing is released. They have said as much from the beginning. It makes little sense for Sideshow to purposefully limit who they sell to. Hot Toys is the one most likely limiting this sale to the U.S. only.

As for the price, Sideshow most likely applies a standard percentage based markup on all Hot Toys figures. Who knows how much. I'd be surprised if it's even that much over 20%. Hot Toys sets the MSRP.

Getting mad a Sideshow is a serious case of misplaced anger. Be mad at Hot Toys.

But as long as people buy it anyway, it won't matter.

I posted the same thing earlier. I don't think it was SSC who decided this and I don't think they knew ahead of time either. If they did well they SUCK DONKEY **** for not indicating ahead of time they could only sell this in US market.

I want to help out international folks if possible.. If you can pay and order through Sideshow, then you can ship it to my U.S. address (granted they let you since I just ordered one for myself).

Then if you send me paypal payment for shipping it to you, I will gladly offer this service to the first 1 or 2 PM's I get (I'll give my address to those who contact me and have great feedback ratings. Check mine out as well).

Remember, I can only do this if Sideshow allows it. I am not trying to gain anything here. Just trying to help out fellow collectors. Remember, you pay all the costs here- you just ship to my address and pay the postage to send.

It's okay because this is limited edition." almost everyone's rationale

Its okay because my wallet is getting limited edition raped.

I want to help out international folks if possible.. If you can pay and order through Sideshow, then you can ship it to my U.S. address (granted they let you since I just ordered one for myself).

Then if you send me paypal payment for shipping it to you, I will gladly offer this service to the first 1 or 2 PM's I get.

Remember, I can only do this if Sideshow allows it. I am not trying to gain anything here. Just trying to help out fellow collectors. Remember, you pay all the costs here- you just ship to my address and pay the postage to send.

Shipping address and card have to be identical, won't work. Very generous offer though.

Shipping address and card have to be identical, won't work. Very generous offer though.

DFantic said you can have it shipped to a work address or something?

that's why I offered to buy 2, I can have one shipped to my home and another to my brother as long as they're willing to pay the full asking price for the figure and shipping, I won't ask for anything else but that:)

that's why I offered to buy 2, I can have one shipped to my home and another to my brother as long as they're willing to pay the full asking price for the figure and shipping, I won't ask for anything else but that:)

PM SENT!:pray:

Back