Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't the last e-mail notice for the Mark VI go out at like, 2 am PST or something ridiculous? All I remember is being like "OH ****" and ordering it from my phone in bed, and going back to sleep.

^ I think it came out in the morning, MST.

The sign up for email notification for Avengers Mark VI PO started on March 18th.
The PO became live on March 30th. Almost two weeks later.

Didn't the last e-mail notice for the Mark VI go out at like, 2 am PST or something ridiculous? All I remember is being like "OH ****" and ordering it from my phone in bed, and going back to sleep.

^ I think it came out in the morning, MST.

The sign up for email notification for Avengers Mark VI PO started on March 18th.
The PO became live on March 30th. Almost two weeks later.

it was the morning (on the west coast). I got the email and ordered around 10 while i was in a meeting at work. I even got a shipping notice for it later that afternoon before the meeting had ended :lol

whats the Under/Over on time to sell out lol.

I think this guy is going to sell out in a day or two. That is if it's limited to 3000 like the mark vi promo, which I think it will be, but nothing is confirmed. Just planning on it to be. Better be safe than sorry :wink1:

The sooner you get the order in the better!

For it selling out in a day or two, it would probably depend on the price too. I would just be checking your email daily or this thread for news when it has gone up for preorder.

It was between 11 & 2pm EST. I remember because I was out for lunch with family while on vacation when I got the notification and excused myself to order it on my phone (they hate phones out during meals).

It was between 11 & 2pm EST. I remember because I was out for lunch with family while on vacation when I got the notification and excused myself to order it on my phone (they hate phones out during meals).

Great memory.

I still have the email. It came out at 1:38 pm eastern time

Subject: Hot Toys' Iron Man Mark VI IN-STOCK!
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:28:32

ImageProxy.mvc

PAYMENT PLANS
FREE SHIPPING
ON SALE
SHOP NOW

Don't know why people are expecting this to go up so soon?

They said when the movie is release which is 2 weeks from now so it makes sense for it to go up during that week.

I feel like it won't be so limited like the Mark VI but who knows.

Seems like the PO is up in Action City.

battledamagedmarkviimov.jpg

Only 600 units available here, with 300 units reserved exclusively for Fans Draw.

The remaining 300 units will be sold on first-come-first served basis.

Only 600 units available here, with 300 units reserved exclusively for Fans Draw.

yup saw this too. only two methods of POing. do you think other shops will be opening PO for this in SG?

not good news. this means sideshow will get less. it has already been established that the Hong Kong market was getting 800. if this amount does not include action city, that would make it only 1600 that sideshow would get in a 3000 figure run. i'm guessing 3000 pieces because that's what the mark VI promo had. mileage may vary.

HOPEFULLY action city's 600 is part of the 800 mentioned before.

not good news. this means sideshow will get less. it has already been established that the Hong Kong market was getting 800. if this amount does not include action city, that would make it only 1600 that sideshow would get in a 3000 figure run. i'm guessing 3000 pieces because that's what the mark VI promo had. mileage may vary.

I personally will be surprised if this figure is limited to merely 3000. Yes, that may have been the edition number of the Mark VI, but I can't imagine that the pre-orders for the regular Mark VII haven't already dwarfed the total sales for the regular Mark VI.

This is the Avengers. This is a huge cash cow for Hot Toys. I imagine the edition size will scale with the demand for both the licence and the figure.

While I have no idea what Hot Toy's sales fugues are, to put the two movies in perspective, Iron Man 2 made $623,933,331 and The Avengers made $1,511,757,910.

I personally will be surprised if this figure is limited to merely 3000. Yes, that may have been the edition number of the Mark VI, but I can't imagine that the pre-orders for the regular Mark VII haven't already dwarfed the total sales for the regular Mark VI.

This is the Avengers. This is a huge cash cow for Hot Toys. I imagine the edition size will scale with the demand for both the licence and the figure.

While I have no idea what Hot Toy's sales fugues are, to put the two movies in perspective, Iron Man 2 made $623,933,331 and The Avengers made $1,511,757,910 in the U.S. alone.

you must keep in mind that this promo edition will certainly not be hot toy's bread and butter with a projected pricetag of around $225. i'm sure hot toys wants more ordering of the diecast figures so they'll keep the edition size at a minimal as a thank you to the serious collector. i wonder how pricing will be with the specialty armors? iron monger may have been an introduction to bigger retail stickers.

I have a very slight recollection that SS only got @ 1300 Mark VI movie promos. Maybe someone remembers better??

Absoloutly all of that is factually incorrect :lecture

Back