Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Darkmatter;5546318]you must keep in mind that this promo edition will certainly not be hot toy's bread and butter with a projected pricetag of around $225. i'm sure hot toys wants more ordering of the diecast figures so they'll keep the edition size at a minimal as a thank you to the serious collector.

This statement exactly:clap. HT is winding down the Avengers line now (save for the big green guy). The BD MVII was a bridge to get into full IM3 marketing and get collectors steam rolling down hill for pre-ordering the new wave of Marks coming out over the next quarters/year. I think the Mark VII BD will be limited and I bet you will see a red number on them (maybe 3,000?) when it pops on Sideshow. Hence the word "PROMO". I do not recall any HT figure that people are lined up for tickets other than the Mark VI promo and we did get an edition size. People will always want something more if they have the fear of loss or missing out.

Howard has taken the drug dealer mentality, (as would I) with these collectibles. You give out a sample, folks get hooked and then you real them in as long term clients. Look at the distribution model over last year, (The Avengers set of what like 10 pieces and folks gotta have 'em all, Now Iron man Mark95 or god knows how many armors are going to roll out by the time we are through and gotta have em all :lol)

This BD MVII will be about $225-$250, give the taste then hook folks in for the ride for the future cash flow from IM3. They have target volumes which is planned for each release well in advance across the next year. The goal is consistent revenue streams over time waiting for the next blockbuster to roll around.

They won't make 5,000-10,000 of these BD Mark VII's cause they don't have to. Its not in their interest for it to collect dust on the shelves at your local LCS or E-tailer. They want it on the bay for $700 bucks. It makes a $300 dollar Diecast look like a damn bargain.

Perception is reality and if you cannot find these then people must want them and theres value to owning one. If they are readily available, folks do not want them. This is branding strategy and used to keep up the image Hot Toys wants to convey of hightly sought after collectables.

Get your plastic ready when it drops or you'll be hitting the bay if you want one.:lecture Happy hunting guys, hope we all get one....Maybe today!?!?!?!:wave

Why not just wait until the PO goes up in a week or two..

Anyways, from Hot Toys Facebook:

"Hello Iron Man fans in Singapore, many of you may have heard about the currently on-going “Marvel’s Iron Man Suit Up at Hysan Place, Powered by Hot Toys” exhibition in Hong Kong. As the movie launch is getting closer and the wave is sweeping across the globe, we just can’t wait to bring the exhibition to the second stop – Singapore.

As a start of the tour, the Action City retail store in Bugis Junction will be transformed into an Iron Man galore with a large array of Hot Toys’ Iron Man 3 Collectible Figurines. To celebrate the release of Iron Man 3 in theatres, 600 sets of the 1/6th scale Battled Damaged Mark VII Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Movie Promo Edition) will be available for pre-paid order in Singapore!

For more details, please visit Action City’s Facebook Page!
Stay tune for more updates!"

Last edited:
you guys just keep guessing with no facts as to hoe many ssc will have...

speculation is part of the hobby of collecting. our 'guesses' are a valid hypothesis based on the previous IM promo sale and personally, my buying and selling experience as a collector for the past 8+ years.

btw, ALL will be revealed as Sideshow will be sending out notifications via email on when this will go up for sale.

Thanks, ThatIsTooReal! I wasn't a Freak member back when Batsuit Begins went up; 'guess I'll have to check out the thread for all the drama.

not good news. this means sideshow will get less. it has already been established that the Hong Kong market was getting 800. if this amount does not include action city, that would make it only 1600 that sideshow would get in a 3000 figure run. i'm guessing 3000 pieces because that's what the mark VI promo had. mileage may vary.

HOPEFULLY action city's 600 is part of the 800 mentioned before.

If I am not wrong, 800 units are for the Hong Kong market. Action City has secured the next 600 units for Singapore. So I guess the remaining might be left for SS or other areas.

still have 5 figures to go VII, VII BD, Coulson, hulk and banner

Semantics there cheif. I was coming from the angle of stating Hulk will be the last Avenger out. Banner while teased has not been released via a serial MMS or DX number and Coulson is S.H.I.E.L.D. (and probably will beat the Hulk out anyways.)

Last edited:
If I am not wrong, 800 units are for the Hong Kong market. Action City has secured the next 600 units for Singapore. So I guess the remaining might be left for SS or other areas.

but we don't know if the hong kong market includes singapore. the mark VI promo went to hong kong, malaysia and taiwan.

but we don't know if the hong kong market includes singapore. the mark VI promo went to hong kong, malaysia and taiwan.

The Singapore market it's not included in the Hong Kong one. Hot Toys clearly stated that the FIRST 800 pcs. would be ONLY for Hong Kong. And then the figure would be released worldwide in different markets for separate..

so basically what we know:
- it will be limited in some way
- first 800 to HK
- second 600 to Singapore(specifically ActionCity)
- overall 1400 are accounted for

What is widely speculated:
- Production run will mirror Promo Mark VI of 3000
---------If so, this would leave 1600 for SSC and any other market.
- Price will be lower than regular Mark VII as Promo Mark VI was lower than regular Mark VI

so basically what we know:
- it will be limited in some way
- first 800 to HK
- second 600 to Singapore(specifically ActionCity)
- overall 1400 are accounted for

What is widely speculated:
- Production run will mirror Promo Mark VI of 3000
---------If so, this would leave 1600 for SSC and any other market.
- Price will be lower than regular Mark VII as Promo Mark VI was lower than regular Mark VI

:goodpost:

Back