Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the odds of my wait list on this converting to a order ? Just trying to get an idea . Is it slim to none ? I jumped on wait list about an hour after it sold out .

Honestly it really depends on the number you are in line, I'm guessing a lot of people wont flake on this one but im sure there will be a few. My advice, hope for the best, but expect for the worse.

So here's a question. What happens if there is a problem with your figure. Something is broken, missing etc. these figures are all 'limited' to an extent but let's say the US only gets 2200 Of these as speculated. How do they replace it? Are there extras set aside for this situation?

That's a very good question you should ask the company.

My guess is that you'll be SOL if you've got a problem. They may offer a partial refund or total refund if you return it. That's standard operating procedure for SSC products with large run sizes nowadays, so I would expect nothing different from a truly low run exclusive. But it's possible that they will keep a few of these for handling those kinds of issues.

My guess is that you'll be SOL if you've got a problem. They may offer a partial refund or total refund if you return it. That's standard operating procedure for SSC products with large run sizes nowadays, so I would expect nothing different from a truly low run exclusive. But it's possible that they will keep a few of these for handling those kinds of issues.

Makes sense. I had a broken Batpod from AE back in Nov which had to be returned through SS. They offered me a replacement at the time but I just took a refund. I'd assume its because they had a bunch in stock at the time.

Wow I didn't know a pack out was $10.00, the last 3 of my figures arrived double boxed, I never requested for it and thought they changed it. I was never charged for it. Lets see if they do the same with this years or if I just got lucky last year.

You won't know anything about the waitlist until you get an email telling you. It could be weeks, months, or in my case, I had a waitlist close for me over 2 years after the figure first went up for sale.

No one knows how many of these were made, or how many Sideshow got, or how many they initially put up for pre-order. They have in the past, took pre-orders for so many, then filled the rest of the orders with waitlist orders because they got more from HT. Since HT never said how many was available from the beginning like they did for the Mark VI Promo, they could make twice as many of this one and it could still be considered a limited piece.

It's wait and see from here.

I got my figures crossed ! I don't know why I'm so psyched for getting this now ? The regular mark Vii is awesome and comes with a battle damaged look . I have that on order . I also have my battle damaged mark vi which in my opinion is an absolutely fantastic iron man figure . So why am I so crazy about thus ? God dam it ! I had a chance to preorder and I backed off . Arrhhhh!

Wow I didn't know a pack out was $10.00, the last 3 of my figures arrived double boxed, I never requested for it and thought they changed it. I was never charged for it. Lets see if they do the same with this years or if I just got lucky last year.

Wow I've never had a pack out from them other than for Captain America FA and IM Secret Project who didn't include brown shippers. I guess since they offer free shipping for some figs and AE and BBTS do not there is some justification they use for charging to pack out. AE and BBTS do pack outs free I believe.

What's the odds of my wait list on this converting to a order ? Just trying to get an idea . Is it slim to none ? I jumped on wait list about an hour after it sold out .

Impossible. The order page changed to "checking stock" at around 9PM EST Friday evening, and didn't get converted over to "Waitlist" until around 10:30AM EST Saturday morning. There was a gap of over 12 hours between sell-out and waitlist; believe me, I know, I was checking regularly.

What you have to ask yourself is this: "Is *anyone* who ordered this going to cancel that order?"
In light of the limited nature of it, even if you have to pay it on your credit card, or borrow the money for it, i can't imagine anyone cancelling.
Not only because it's such a unique looking item, but because the residual value is only going to go up.
But there's no harm in staying on the list as long as you can.

Wow I've never had a pack out from them other than for Captain America FA and IM Secret Project who didn't include brown shippers. I guess since they offer free shipping for some figs and AE and BBTS do not there is some justification they use for charging to pack out. AE and BBTS do pack outs free I believe.

Yeah BBTS does pack outs for free, but mine were from sideshow and I never asked for it, but I don't mind it

Impossible. The order page changed to "checking stock" at around 9PM EST Friday evening, and didn't get converted over to "Waitlist" until around 10:30AM EST Saturday morning. There was a gap of over 12 hours between sell-out and waitlist; believe me, I know, I was checking regularly.

It's not impossible. And it always goes to checking stock before going to waitlist. Doesn't mean there won't be more available.

Stop dashing people's hopes! :thwak :lol

What you have to ask yourself is this: "Is *anyone* who ordered this going to cancel that order?"
In light of the limited nature of it, even if you have to pay it on your credit card, or borrow the money for it, i can't imagine anyone cancelling.
Not only because it's such a unique looking item, but because the residual value is only going to go up.

I don't see anyone canceling by choice but there are bound to be credit card declines at processing time so a handful of waitlists might convert at that time.

I don't see anyone canceling by choice but there are bound to be credit card declines at processing time so a handful of waitlists might convert at that time.

That's fair comment. In an ideal world, they'd keep em coming till there are no more orders.
Part of me thinks the MKVII work order was overbooked. Like they commissioned a fair bit more sets of parts from the moulds than they needed for MKVII orders. And then came up with the idea to use them up on a special battle damaged version to use them up ostensibly as a different version to sell the excess parts off.
I could be wrong of course.

There's a lot of reasons why people cancel or they get cancelled. And ordering multiples doesn't always mean you'll get more than one.

Also, on sold out or waitlisted items, sometimes Sideshow will waive the NRD if you call them and ask. I know some who have done it.

Back