Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the figure weapons and bio helmet made of metal or plastic? Sorry for asking. I'm new to collecting these 1/6 figures.

I understand you're new, but reading should help you answer questions and draw conclusions.

Weapons:
-One (1) articulated shoulder cannon;
-One (1) extendable spear;
-One (1) metal dagger with sheath;
-One (1) shuriken;
-One (1) shuriken with blades.

Accessories:
-One (1) detachable face mask with LED light-up function;
-One (1) pair of forearm armor with six (6) interchangeable wrist metal blades of different lengths on the right and self-destruct device on the left;
-One (1) chest armor and back armor;
-One (1) shoulder armor with straps;
-One (1) pair of thigh armor;
-One (1) pair of leg armor, Leather-like skirt with waist band;
-One (1) figure stand.

Using my powers of deduction I came to the conclusion that since they didn't say anything else was made of metal that only the blades and dagger are made of metal while the rest of the armor is made of plastic.

I'd like to see Celtic and Chopper redone for sure. AVP Elder too since he was in the ending. As for the Ancients even though I I love those guys and owned the 1st kits of both they're not a must if I had to choose!

I'd like to see Celtic and Chopper redone for sure. AVP Elder too since he was in the ending. As for the Ancients even though I I love those guys and owned the 1st kits of both they're not a must if I had to choose!

I Agree with you 110% there! Anything thats out of the Main-Preds in the film should be left alone. But if they had some sort of interaction with the characters, be my guest to re-do them. :exactly:

Damn you Hot Toys! - My Wallet

I am tempted to sell some of my old avp's to replace with these new ones. I want this new scar, city & samurai but its so hard to let go of my old classic avps. What to do what to do...I'm glad some people that missed out on the chance to get him before and now has the chance to get him without paying the jacked up prices people are selling them on ebay. I bet some are gonna be pissed now those are possibly going to drop in price value! Lol

I re-visited AVP tonight because I just adore the flick...as much as people trash it...I absolutely love it :yess:

Anyway...I remember SO fondly the first viewing in theaters when Scar officially became my favorite Predator that there ever will be...this is why:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV9RUxCgyMc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV9RUxCgyMc[/ame]

I'm still like :horror :horror:hi5: every time I see it!!!

I re-visited AVP tonight because I just adore the flick...as much as people trash it...I absolutely love it :yess:

Anyway...I remember SO fondly the first viewing in theaters when Scar officially became my favorite Predator that there ever will be...this is why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV9RUxCgyMc

I'm still like :horror :horror:hi5: every time I see it!!!

I agree with you, I don't hate the film, I just think some things could be done better. For example the head sculpts of the Predators just look totally wrong! But I see why you love that scene so much, it was so interesting seeing a Predator fight against a Queen Alien!

Speaking of the movie "AVP" I actually enjoyed this movie very much and even bought it on DVD soon after it was released. I think the movie is set in an awesome location with all the cold and snow/Ice located in the Arctic/Antarctic. I also thought it was awesome how they had to go far underground in order to get to the pyramid structures that were found by the Historians or whatever they were called (I have not watched this movie in a long time so excuse my terminology). The first time I saw the ending with the "Predalien" popping out of the Predator's chest I had a bad feeling about a cheesy sequel that would be following. I have not seen "AVP Requiem" but from what I have read I just know it is going to suck. I am going to have to finally watch the movie anyway.
I must say that I thought that AVP was far better than "Predator 2"...however, at least we did get some awesome Hot Toys 1/6 scale Predators based on that movie, (Predator 2, Shadow, Guardian, and now the City Hunter, just to name a few), so a lot of greatness for Predator collectibles did arise from this subpar film.
The original Hot Toys 1/6 scale Predators IMO looked cheap, very cheesy...just looked more like toys. These newly designed AVP Predators will not look cheesy or cheap...they will look amazing guaranteed. :cool:
Now is the perfect time to be a Hot Toys 1/6 scale Predator collector like myself. I don't know about the rest of you collectors, but I get these butterflies in my stomach just thinking about having the newly designed AVP Predators in my collection. :)

Last edited:
I was actually pretty disappointed walking out of the midnight showing because I felt like there wasn't enough Predator action. The Celtic/Grid fight was pretty cool but I felt the humans dragged the story down quite a bit.

I do remember all the people on the Spawn boards crying about how these Preds in the movie were just too "thick". Good times.

Well...I decided to rent AVP:Requiem and at one point I realized I was watching my television screen while My mind was off in some other World.
This movie sucks I mean what the hell happened? I did enjoy the intro when Wolf Predator is arming up on the ship and grabs his whip...not to mention the amazing head shots with the camera right on his torn up face.
Oh yes...I do hope Hot Toys remakes the Wolf Predator as well.
Again I cannot sit through this movie I keep blanking off into space.
I did notice when I started to come out of being half asleep there appeared to be a cool looking fight scene against the Predator and Alien...quickly followed by boring blah whatever.
I've tried twice I may try watching it a 3rd time around sometime this evening. Yes all the reviews are confirmed...this movie sucks.

Anyway...Hot Toys remaking the Scar Pred...this could be a good sign that they may do a new Wolf as well. :)

I like the characters but AvP sucked. Glad people can enjoy it but as much as I try to re watch it after periods of time, I just cant like that movie.
AvPr was just bad... So bad and I gave up on ever expecting a good predator alien movie to come out.

tumblr_lu5h8wrtK91qdaa44.gif
:exactly::lecture :panic::panic::panic:

If they remake the super preds at 1/6 it won't make much sense IMO... What would they improve to make people want to buy them? Accuracy? Yeah right...
I'd buy Berserker ver1.5 with accurate head, dreads and mask :dunno

Back