Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took me about 5 seconds after I got the email to immediately pre-order. :cool: For me I am extremely excited about Hot Toys doing (at least I hope they redo all the AVP Predator Lineup) 1/6 scale Predator lineup. I was not a collector when the first versions came out and just could not justify paying 1k plus on a cheap Hot Toys figure in order to have some of the AVP Predators.
I really hope they do Celtic Predator this is the one in particular that I have always wanted. I am going to have very many 1/6 scale Predators which is just fine with me. :)

Same feeling. I handed my cell phone to my girlfriend and asked he to order it. I really didn't see what I ordered till I got home. Being I open everything paying. More for a mib is something I pass on.

I actually like the closed mandible look. It's the open one that throws me off because his mouth is still closed. But I never pose these newer preds with open mandibles anyway because of the knee articulation. I can't picture a predator roaring without that low animalistic pose.

True , so true...however on my "Shadow" Predator I have him posed with the open mandibles and came up with a pretty killer pose where he actually has both arms out-stretched to the side with his upper body leaning back. Looks like he is roaring at the sky. One of my favorite poses in my Predator collection:

18cf0dab.jpg

Same feeling. I handed my cell phone to my girlfriend and asked he to order it. I really didn't see what I ordered till I got home. Being I open everything paying. More for a mib is something I pass on.

Hey...as long as Hot Toys puts out 1/6 scale Predators, I will keep on ordering them. These are what go me into collecting both Hot Toys figures and even Sideshow Sculpts.
After they remake the AVP Preds, I think it would be cool for them to come up with some some more concept ideas like they did with the Samurai. I still would love to see a post apocolyptic Predator but that is a whole new discussion.

This Scar Predator with the new body type is going to look beautiful. I've said it before and I will say it again...one can never have too many Predators. :)

Hey...as long as Hot Toys puts out 1/6 scale Predators, I will keep on ordering them. These are what go me into collecting both Hot Toys figures and even Sideshow Sculpts.
After they remake the AVP Preds, I think it would be cool for them to come up with some some more concept ideas like they did with the Samurai. I still would love to see a post apocolyptic Predator but that is a whole new discussion.

This Scar Predator with the new body type is going to look beautiful. I've said it before and I will say it again...one can never have too many Predators. :)

Wow I think I just found my long loss brother. Same here. Last year the shadow was my 1st item order. A little over a year later. Over 60, still.

I was going to sell off Mt shadow by seen the alien st. Bought it to go along with the 1/6. G I will need a bigger house.

True , so true...however on my "Shadow" Predator I have him posed with the open mandibles and came up with a pretty killer pose where he actually has both arms out-stretched to the side with his upper body leaning back. Looks like he is roaring at the sky. One of my favorite poses in my Predator collection:

18cf0dab.jpg

O.k. you win. That pose is pretty awesome. Shadow is a killer pred too.

but I don't believe for a second that he looked at reference material and thought the dreads on his Scar figure was at it's correct length.

He can still think that the dreads are not the correct length and not care to do anything about it. We've all been there when we are doing something and you get to the 'well it's ok' or 'it will do' point.

I actually like the closed mandible look.

Me too. Scar had that 'goofy' look on film and it looks great in figure form.

I really hope Wolf is next, those are the two I've always wanted. Maybe we will see a Pred that is actually from the 1987 version. I love my Classic but it's not completely accurate to the film since it's based on Predators.

The world ended 3 minutes ago. Heaven seems alot like life was before the end of the world. So it looks like im still on for buying a Scar Predator on its release day morning in HK<3

LOL! True! :lol

But thank goodness myself, yourself, and the others here don't have a Mayan-issued calendar. :)

Im so used to seeing the old avp headsculpts that makes me only see the classic in this new sculpt...cant remember what scar actually looked like in the film anymore lol...

I really hope Wolf is next, those are the two I've always wanted. Maybe we will see a Pred that is actually from the 1987 version. I love my Classic but it's not completely accurate to the film since it's based on Predators.

A new official 1987 figure possibly wouldn't be accurate either. We are talking about HT here, they like to take artistic license on things. So chances are your classic-conversion is as accurate as it will get.

I'm wondering if HT does decide to make chopper and celtic if they'll have non-removeable bios like the other 2 super preds. I hope not. And seriously make choppers bio silver would ya

I decided after hulk and loki i need to jump in and catch up on my predator and terminator line...Ordered yesterday this one. and then p1 ,p2 are on my bounty hunting list next...hope i can catch them all.

This morning i ordered another New Goblin Diorama base in preperation for this. I know the release is long away but the Diorama goblin bases are near extinct and cost 3x what they used to.

I can think of a bunch of poses i intend to do.

Yep have 2 of them goblin base's but no goblin ha ha. They rock hot toys should include that base standard with most of thier flying, crawling ,action figure's you get some sweet pose's from them stands.

Yeah, it would be nice for them to offer that stand separately so that we're not spending so much in the aftermarket.

Took me about 5 seconds after I got the email to immediately pre-order. :cool: For me I am extremely excited about Hot Toys doing (at least I hope they redo all the AVP Predator Lineup) 1/6 scale Predator lineup. I was not a collector when the first versions came out and just could not justify paying 1k plus on a cheap Hot Toys figure in order to have some of the AVP Predators.
I really hope they do Celtic Predator this is the one in particular that I have always wanted. I am going to have very many 1/6 scale Predators which is just fine with me. :)

I am 100% with you!

Hi everyone! So I wanted know if HT will remake the super preds along with the human characters from the films. Dutch, Billy?

Why remake the Super Preds when you can still buy the them at retail price. Only a 1/4 scale Dutch has been confirmed.

If they remake the super preds at 1/6 it won't make much sense IMO... it only makes sense if the inclusion of Predators on the announcement means a 1/4 Berserker. What would they improve to make people want to buy them? Accuracy? Yeah right... :lol

Back