Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why but when masked this figure just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it's because it's too similar to the Classic mask, or that I prefer my Preds with some skin showing. Just too much silver. But I'm speechless with the maskless sculpt. Tsang does know how to polish a turd when he does.

Last edited:
I don't know why but when masked this figure just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it's because it's too similar to the Classic mask, or that I prefer my Preds with some skin showing. Just too much silver. But I'm speechless with the maskless sculpt. Tsang does know when to polish a turd when he does.

I'm the same, the paint apps on the new City Hunter look insane so for me as a casual Pred fan am more taken by that than this

425579_273465296110067_2061562345_n.jpg

The mask does look wrong. And its all down to the eyes. It has p1/classic eyes. There needs to be a thicker opening between the nose and forehead making the "eyes" become one visor. And it also needs to be silver not black.

But im pretty sure this will be changed come production. Infact, the first Scar release had the same proto problems. And Classic Predator, and Berserker.

I'm the same, the paint apps on the new City Hunter look insane so for me as a casual Pred fan am more taken by that than this

Yup. Only problem is, this is the first Tsang Pred sculpt since Berserker that's blown me away. P2, while amazingly painted, just doesn't look as accurate to the source material than this does. Either that or I'm just ignorant because I hated the film look of Scar and extremely particular when it comes to P2.

Either way I'm broke after POing DX13, so no Scar for me.

When I look at this I see Scar in the headsculpt (or atleast a better effort on Tsangs behalf to make it look like Scar). I really hope that Hot Toys have gone back and improved P2 now. This is deffo one of the better looking Pred figures IMO.

When I look at this I see Scar in the headsculpt (or atleast a better effort on Tsangs behalf to make it look like Scar). I really hope that Hot Toys have gone back and improved P2 now. This is deffo one of the better looking Pred figures IMO.

The only thing I can say that the Samurai has over this is that amazing base, but head to head as a figure I might have to put this one over.

Really, really well done. Looks fantastic! That said, I have no intersest in this figure, but I do hope that - now that they've figured out all predators don't have the same face - maybe they won't ship City Hunter with a repainted Classic/Shadow head.

I really wish they did Celtic first though because of the awesome bio on him . Also I guess we won't see a WOLF pred revision for at least a year and a half . Think he needed the 2.0 treatment the most .

i hope they would be fixing the P2 head since they keep pushing it back just like every other figure

The overall looks nice, but the mask and dreadlocks are not good enough...

The mask looks like HT using the classic mask to mod, and the dreadlocks should be more longer and thicker.

I'm suprised onlya few have picked up on the fact that the bio is just the "classic" bio with the runes etched onto the forehead and some extra lines added to the back "horns". The face sculpt looks pretty good though, and the legs do look beefier.

The comparison pic is from another forum member, the handle escapes me.
predcompare.jpg

The mask does look wrong. And its all down to the eyes. It has p1/classic eyes. There needs to be a thicker opening between the nose and forehead making the "eyes" become one visor. And it also needs to be silver not black.

But im pretty sure this will be changed come production. Infact, the first Scar release had the same proto problems. And Classic Predator, and Berserker.

I have to disagree. I have the scar bio SSC produced a few years back, that was supposed to be made from the movie molds, and the gap between the eyes isn't as large as you may think. Looking at other pics of this figure that show a more head on look at the mask, it looks right to me.

Back