Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - AVP: Scar Predator

Im watching Predator on E4+1 now and id really like to wake up and find a similar picture to this teaser but of Dutch, Dillon or Ricky...

.. Except no Ricky. He would be a bigger waste than Agent Coulsen.

:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy

I don't have any of the early AVP Predators. Back in the day, I still think they looked pretty ugly with their huge heads and ugly HS. I stuck with my 12" McFarlane Scar Predator.

Finally will have worthy Scar on my shelf. If they make it worthwhile, i'll pick up an Ancient as well. Celtic and Chopper were weak sauce in my book. Every Predator on my shelf has a 1 kill minimum. :lol

Last edited:

Hum I thought they would have at least previewed their 1/4 predator yes we all know they predators are just like the iron man milk the base body and offer repaints and stuff , still it would have been nice to see either the 1/4 terminator or the 1/4 predator I guess we will have to wait for 2013 and were is Prometheus still nothing

To tell you the truth I'm more excited about the possibility of some Aliens more than the predators from that teaser but certainly wouldn't mind a Scar or Elder predator :)

To tell you the truth I'm more excited about the possibility of some Aliens more than the predators
Hells to the yizeah. But. . .even though I don't like this movie, I'm sure these Predators will look awesome and I will be tempted by them. I lurve the new Predator body used on Shadow and Classic Predators.

To tell you the truth I'm more excited about the possibility of some Aliens more than the predators from that teaser but certainly wouldn't mind a Scar or Elder predator :)

I never got the impression from the teaser that there was any intention to do more Aliens, despite them being in the title of 2 of the films. All the pics are of Predators.

I never got the impression from the teaser that there was any intention to do more Aliens, despite them being in the title of 2 of the films. All the pics are of Predators.

Oh I know it's just that by there being Aliens in the movies I'm hoping they decide to release at least another Alien Warrior and since they haven't anounced anything from the "proper" Alien universe I hope one can squeeze in this license :)
Or is this just wishful thinking and it would be a better idea just to pray for an Ancient Pred? Hehe

I hope Hot Toys doesn't bother with aliens again. What a nightmare.

Damn, finally. Lets get some of those coveted Ancients while we at it!!

I hope Hot Toys doesn't bother with aliens again. What a nightmare.

Hard plastic and ball-pin joints, why is that such a hard thing for them to do? They already use that system on their human bodies and the joints are WAY more noticeable on them than they would be on an Alien.

But they'd have to get a new sculptor for sure. Tsang is... barely adequate with Predators. He's a nightmare with Aliens. :slap

I hope they release news on other preds, imo it's going to be a while before they release photos if this guy.

Edit: well I was wrong lol

Last edited:

I hope they release news on other preds, imo it's going to be a while before they release photos if this guy.

Yeah... its so random.

Typically with teasers with an actual photo of the product (not like those announcments for Sleepy Hallow, Cannibal Jack), photos come out within a month or so.

Of course, there are exceptions like BANE. The reveal was months after they teased it. However, that was probably to tie it with the movie release date. I'm expecting full reveal before mid-January at the latest.

Hard plastic and ball-pin joints, why is that such a hard thing for them to do? They already use that system on their human bodies and the joints are WAY more noticeable on them than they would be on an Alien.

But they'd have to get a new sculptor for sure. Tsang is... barely adequate with Predators. He's a nightmare with Aliens. :slap
Look at NECA's new Warrior. $20, accurate, not made of rubber and gorgeous. Imagine that at Hot Toys' level of quality.

They could make decent alien figures...it's just so far-fetched that they'd develop the competence to do so that I'd rather them not bother at all. Waste of time.

And stands. Predators get stands but aliens don't? It's ****ing impossible to pose them without assistance from their tails'.

now I don't know if I should sell my avp preds now(got Scar, Chopper, Celtic, and Elder) and get the new ones when they come out. I spent a fortune on those and now I feel they're going to be the inferior versions. The Classic was a huge improvement imo over the original pred.

382031_10151166402582344_311822948_n_zps9cf8adab.jpg

Back