Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 - I don't have Origins Wolverine
2 - I want a Wolverine in my collection and this is cheaper now than it or Origins will probably ever will be.
3 - I love the figure. The HS is ok, but I too am not a stickler on likeness. The outfit kicks butt.

Good reasoning, plus you can pick up a perfect XO HS from ebay for about $50 if you want the change out.

As for the price, the value has to be in the suit. There's nothing about this that would justify it otherwise. I think they added a few cherry's on top because it's Wolverine though. I guess there's nothing wrong with selling popular lines at higher prices, it might not be right but it is smart.

For $235 you've gotta really want these figures in your collection. I don't know if this stuff is worth it anymore.

I wish they'd pass on the fancy stands, I'm only interested in the figure on a plain stand, the extra work in the stand is driving the prices up.

Likeness isn't there but it is a good looking figure.

Good looking figure > 100% likness sculpt

agreed, but I actually think this looks like Jackman, it's the expression that's weird, I'd prefer a normal stare and would like this to be a second option, but it doesn't seem like hot toys is going to be doing that with their figures anytime soon.

For $235 you've gotta really want these figures in your collection. I don't know if this stuff is worth it anymore.

I wish they'd pass on the fancy stands, I'm only interested in the figure on a plain stand, the extra work in the stand is driving the prices up.

I with you there man (about the prices and the stands). What I hate the worst though is when they give us a fancy huge stand and then no simple black stand. I don't care how cool the stand is most of the time I simply put it in storage b/c it clutters up my detolfs.

$235 = insane

Old figure has the better Headsculpt and outfit, this is from the worst of the X-Men movies, and a new Wolverine movie is out in a year meaning another figure is coming. No brainer.

Pretty much agree with the general feeling. This is a figure we must get as it is cool but it's missed the boat.

Let me spend the extra $40 and give me the alternate cigar sculpt and battle damaged goodies. I don't even mind this HS because it's Wolverine, it doesn't need to be Jackman.

There's just not enough here to get my teeth into. I feel like I'm starving and have been thrown a cracker, I know it's going to taste good but..... damn.

OH YES, that need to be Jackman when it is based on the license movie........... OHHHHHHHHH YEES!:lecture

There have been a lot of solid, reasonable and intelligent thoughts posted here today. I PO everything Marvel and DC and decided not to get this earlier. But after reading the 10 pages of posts since I last was here, I think I may have changed my mind.

My initial thoughts were, I'll wait it out and see if I can get one laster. However, with some influence, or more realization, here are the reasons why I may PO this.

1 - I don't have Origins Wolverine
2 - I want a Wolverine in my collection and this is cheaper now than it or Origins will probably ever will be.
3 - I love the figure. The HS is ok, but I too am not a stickler on likeness. The outfit kicks butt.

I think Buttmunch may be right with the idea that less produced = higher aftermarket prices. And I definitely think HT or SS priced this higher because of what Origins is selling for in the aftermarket.

The only thing that makes no sense for me, how can HT put Hulk out for less than most expected and this way higher? I'm hoping this may be an isolated price spike with this figure. And I don't knoe why. We'll know if the next few figure come out cheaper or the same price but more accessories.

Then why dont you wait for "The Wolverine" version??:dunno

I don't know if the $235 price tag will hold or not, but I do know one thing, I won't be paying it. I've jumped on way to many figures thinking I just had to have them in my collection, and thought I was getting them at the best price possible through retail. It really hasn't worked out for me b/c the game has changed and lets face it these are not special edition exclusive collectibles any more, and these prices are jacked. I'm just going to roll the dice and hold out and see if the price drops to $200 (that I can do). I'm just not going to let HT ram me from behind this blatantly (I'm getting kind of sore back there:(). Even if it does sky rocket in value on the secondary market I have a feeling all of us will get a second chance with The Wolverine collectibles very soon.

HT has already said that that license will be exploited, so yeah, **** this figure. Im waiting for "The Wolverine" version. This figure is just a simple quick cash grab before the real deal IMO.

Assuming HT picks up that license. The HT / SS partnership will only keep raising prices therefore, within a year standard MMS will be $275. This will look like a bargain.......

They have the license. They said in an interview that "Man of Steel", "Amazing Spider-Man" and "The Wolverine" licenses will be exploited.

I wasn't aware of said announcement :yess: I care less about Supes and ASM but great news about Wolverine

Indeed. Thats why Im waiting. I see this as a filler figure for the next version. And Im kinda thinking it might be a DX...since Kojun has said that his next pet project is the Wolverine after the DX06. I cant remember where I saw that interview with Kojun, but he said that he wants to do better than the last version. Maybe a DX? We'll see. Kinda hoping though.

Indeed. Thats why Im waiting. I see this as a filler figure for the next version. And Im kinda thinking it might be a DX...since Kojun has said that his next pet project is the Wolverine after the DX06. I cant remember where I saw that imnterview with Kojun, but he said that he wants to do better than the last version. Maybe a DX? We'll see. Kinda hoping though.

Three (or more) Wolverine's on my shelves is great news, the imploding prices I will pay for them suck.

I'm sure the figure will be great when it is released, but even with a perfect likeness and perfectly tailored outfit and if they ended up including an extra HS this still wouldn't be worth $235. I was just simply astounded when I saw the price on this guy:horror, almost as much $$$ as the outrageously, IMO, priced Hulk.:cuckoo:

Assuming HT picks up that license. The HT / SS partnership will only keep raising prices therefore, within a year standard MMS will be $275. This will look like a bargain.......

:lol Oh yea, they aren't going to make a comic character like Wolverine...

A bargain? Kinda how Jack Sparrow v.1 and Joker V.1 look like a bargain compared to the DX? :monkey1 This will look like an expensive toy from one of the worst comic book movies ever made. Hell it's a Brett Ratner movie. :lol

I don't like the sculpt at all. I laughed also at the price and the HS. If it was a lot cheaper I could just add a Jackman head onto the body and have a cool looking figure. I dont understand how they got it right with the origins face but dropped the ball on this one. At least say it's just Wolverine and not " Jackman".

Back