Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is only the beginning. Every new figure from this point on is going to be outrageously priced. I don't want to see what a new DX figure is going to cost.

What really tickles me is that the DX Jack Sparrow made it onto Sideshow's GC eligibility list and he was, what, only $5 more than this guy? Yet he came with PERS, an elaborate diorama base/stand/accompaniment piece, loads of accessories, and far more intricate clothing.
Going by that logic, in what universe does HT think they can actually sell a halfway-decent amount of these?

I'm not so sure this is the beginning; if anything, this is the first figure where boycotting actually makes perfect sense. There were a few ridiculously-priced releases over the last year, but nothing quite like this. I predict HT will finally get that wake-up call we've been praying for all this time. This is by far the most blatant of their pricing mishaps. It's almost as if they were looking at a different figure when they came up with the cost for Wolverine and decided to stick with it to see how it shakes out.

but when was the last time a hot toys figure sold out? you can pretty much get anything released lately for cheaper off these boards :lol

This is destined for giftcard use. If Sparrow somehow made it on SSC's list, this will too. And in less time.

I think the sculpt is great, but the price is way too high. Hopefully Wolverine will have a bigger part in X-Men: Days of Future Past and HT will make him again.

Here is the short list of people who will be pre-ordering this figure:

1) people who really want wolverine and don't have the original one, this is a bargain to them, which is what Hot Toys was counting on

2) people who either make a crap load of money (and I mean more than what Obama considers wealthy) or people who don't have families and never will so no need to worry about those sort of expenses (so any cash not paying for a car, house or food is going towards toys...)

I honestly don't see more than 500 being pre-ordered in the US!

Some have said this will just make them go up in value, which may be true, but it will take a few years for that to happen because all the people passing at $235 are not going to pay more on the secondary market, that doesn't make sense. I don't think all these people saying "pass" are saying they are waiting for discounts either, they are just passing, period! but if it did go on sale for $180 they might pick one up. I have done that on several figures, if they are discounted I will get it but if not, I am 100% okay not having it in my collection.

Sideshow is the one screwing you guys not HT. Over here is Asia, Wolverine is less than 200USD. That is only like 15USD more than Origins Wolverine which is kinda fair considering Origins was like three years ago.

Here is the short list of people who will be pre-ordering this figure:

1) people who really want wolverine and don't have the original one, this is a bargain to them, which is what Hot Toys was counting on

2) people who either make a crap load of money (and I mean more than what Obama considers wealthy) or people who don't have families and never will so no need to worry about those sort of expenses (so any cash not paying for a car, house or food is going towards toys...)

I honestly don't see more than 500 being pre-ordered in the US!

Some have said this will just make them go up in value, which may be true, but it will take a few years for that to happen because all the people passing at $235 are not going to pay more on the secondary market, that doesn't make sense. I don't think all these people saying "pass" are saying they are waiting for discounts either, they are just passing, period! but if it did go on sale for $180 they might pick one up. I have done that on several figures, if they are discounted I will get it but if not, I am 100% okay not having it in my collection.

3) Addicts. People who can't take a step back and realize the line has been crossed and it isn't worth the price.

SS Sold the Rambo M65 Jacket version for only $79.99 back in the day and that Rambo to me is still one of the best and my favourite Hot Toy figures.
$79.99!! :rotfl:rotfl
And now we are being given $235 - $275 - $300 HT figures!

Sideshow is the one screwing you guys not HT. Over here is Asia, Wolverine is less than 200USD. That is only like 15USD more than Origins Wolverine which is kinda fair considering Origins was like three years ago.
Whether or not SSC distributes it, we're gonna get prices jacked up from Hong Kong prices in the U.S. That has always been the case, whether or not SSC was selling a given Hot Toys piece.

3) Addicts. People who can't take a step back and realize the line has been crossed and it isn't worth the price.

4) Fans of the character the actor portrays on screen who doesn't buy every HT figure impulsively. Thus has the money to pay the ridiculous amount. :wave

Hmm...I like it. But that price is WAY too high. I have the original Wolverine which I think has a better likeness, but I do really like this costume version. The sculpt is still cool and I like the angry look too. I'm also a huge Sentinel fan (fav. x-men villians) so the base is inticing me; even though it was kinda dumb in the film lol.

idk, we'll see if I get this. At this point and these prices, 1/4 is a better deal to me.

Yeah love it but too much coming out in march and the price is way wayyyyy too high

I have now had to pass on Hot Toys last 5 releases due to cost.
Rescue Captain America
Lt. Gordon
Angelica
The Hulk-I really wanted him to finish my Avengers!
Wolverine Last Stand
:gah:
I'm just glad I have the Origins version which is 100 times better!
Self
:hi5:

I qualify. But I still pass.

It was bought regardless of price once shown at Ani Con. I'll get behind the boycott crusade with the next figure (Barney Ross, Catwoman or Xavier). We all know Wolverine was sitting the bar for the next wave of price increase.....

I have now had to pass on Hot Toys last 5 releases due to cost.
Rescue Captain America
Lt. Gordon
Angelica
The Hulk-I really wanted him to finish my Avengers!
Wolverine Last Stand
:gah:
I'm just glad I have the Origins version which is 100 times better!
Self
:hi5:

I ordered Angelica from SS and Hulk from BBTS. To me, those two are worth their prices.

It was bought regardless of price once shown at Ani Con. I'll get behind the boycott crusade with the next figure (Barney Ross, Catwoman or Xavier). We all know Wolverine was sitting the bar for the next wave of price increase.....

Now that you put it that way, Origins Wolverine also set the bar for HT price increased back then. It was one of the highest ever priced for a bare bones non DX figure back then.

Not an easy pass, but one I can live with, thank goodness I have the first one; and it's an (straight from Sideshow) original.

Some have said this will just make them go up in value, which may be true, but it will take a few years for that to happen because all the people passing at $235 are not going to pay more on the secondary market, that doesn't make sense. I don't think all these people saying "pass" are saying they are waiting for discounts either, they are just passing.

Pretty much agree here. I don't think the passes are to pick it up cheaper down the line. They are just straight passes as in "I don't want it"

I also fall into the category where I'm a big fan and luckily have a decent wage so can afford pretty much any figure if I want it.

I just don't want this one period. Not now and not later.

Back