Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind, this figure is scheduled for March 2013. That means it may be May 2013 or later when it comes out. That's enough notice for anyone. Anyone who wants it can get it. It's just not worth that price to me.

Keep in mind, this figure is scheduled for March 2013. That means it may be May 2013 or later when it comes out. That's enough notice for anyone. Anyone who wants it can get it. It's just not worth that price to me.

Very nice of you reminding us the dates.....:1-1:

SS Sold the Rambo M65 Jacket version for only $79.99 back in the day and that Rambo to me is still one of the best and my favourite Hot Toy figures.
$79.99!! :rotfl:rotfl
And now we are being given $235 - $275 - $300 HT figures!

It's also incredible to think...just a couple years ago you could buy the HT Ghost Rider that came with a full scale light up bike, a weapon or two and an extra Nic Cage sculpt Not to mention a lightup feature on the skull head...all for $15 more than this...

It's also incredible to think...just a couple years ago you could buy the HT Ghost Rider that came with a full scale light up bike, a weapon or two and an extra Nic Cage sculpt Not to mention a lightup feature on the skull head...all for $15 more than this...

I can't even believe it's already been two years since he was announced. SDCC '10 felt like yesterday. And let's face it, their figures were just as impressive then as they are now. I think HT's level of detail has plateau'd as of late, yet the prices are still going up.

SS Sold the Rambo M65 Jacket version for only $79.99 back in the day and that Rambo to me is still one of the best and my favourite Hot Toy figures.
$79.99!! :rotfl:rotfl
And now we are being given $235 - $275 - $300 HT figures!

I've got that figure if someone wants to make me an offer!

What'll be hilarious is if this sells out and then everyone complains about the after market being $300.

Will happen.:exactly:

Same thing happened with Gordon... sold out. now you see people paying up to $400 for it on ebay..

Yep, it will happen. Happend with the First Wolverine too. People thought he didn't look like Jackman and costed too much back then. And look what happend with that. Same will happen here. When people don't pre-order a figure, less of that figure gets made and therefore sells out faster, causing panic and chaos, and eventually people start paying crazy aftermarket prices and suddenly retail doesn't seem that crazy anymore. Its a funny world we live in :cuckoo:

I can't even believe it's already been two years since he was announced. SDCC '10 felt like yesterday. And let's face it, their figures were just as impressive then as they are now. I think HT's level of detail has plateau'd as of late, yet the prices are still going up.

Yeah, I see people using that, "the bubble is going to pop" phrase. It's becoming a legitimate concern I think.

Yep, it will happen. Happend with the First Wolverine too. People thought he didn't look like Jackman and costed too much back then. And look what happend with that. Same will happen here. When people don't pre-order a figure, less of that figure gets made and therefore sells out faster, causing panic and chaos, and eventually people start paying crazy aftermarket prices and suddenly retail doesn't seem that crazy anymore. Its a funny world we live in :cuckoo:

I didn't pre order the first one but picked it just as it started to disappear so it was great timing there. Then picked up a second from Hastings on the cheap for a base to build my Creed on. Back when it was the only muscle body you could buy. Finally picked up another body from ebay and sold off the complete figure which covered the cost of everything. Love when people change their tune about how they feel about a figure after its too late.

In regards to this figure, its not my favorite costume, but after looking at just the costume, it really is incredible. Im not saying it justifies the price or people should like it, but take a real good look at the layering and stitch of this thing. It really is something amazing. I would really like to see the high res shots.

376921_10151010846342344_277719369_n.jpg

Nearly 400 posts in a little over a day....holy crap!

Anyway, I just saw this figure. I like it. I have never been on the wagon with those who feel the portrait absolutley has to look exactly like the actor portraying the character. As long as the portrait represents the character well, and I feel that this one does.

On the other hand...235.00 and then tax and shipping is, without a doubt, pricing me out of the figure. There just isn't enough to it with a single portrait, 6 hands, and the costume.

Way badass, though.

...In regards to this figure, its not my favorite costume, but after looking at just the costume, it really is incredible. Im not saying it justifies the price or people should like it, but take a real good look at the layering and stitch of this thing. It really is something amazing. I would really like to see the high res shots.
I agree the figure looks very good and the tailoring on the costume is pretty amazing. It's definitely not my favourite costume for Wolverine but HT did a great job with it. It really looks like a miniturized version of the 1:1 costume and not toy-like, like the Medicom, for example.

That said, it's still impossible for me to rationalize $235.00 for this, when a far more complicated figure that comes with lots of accessories, like Iron Man Mark I (v2) goes for $220.00.

I agree the figure looks very good and the tailoring on the costume is pretty amazing. It's definitely not my favourite costume for Wolverine but HT did a great job with it. It really looks like a miniturized version of the 1:1 costume and not toy-like, like the Medicom, for example.

That said, it's still impossible for me to rationalize $235.00 for this, when a far more complicated figure that comes with lots of accessories, like Iron Man Mark I (v2) goes for $220.00.

Wow, yeah. That's right. This costs more than the Mark I. I'm actually getting that one. That's crazy!

SS is the one doing the price hiking. I notice they do they same thing with medi figs that are significantly cheaper overseas.

There have been a lot of solid, reasonable and intelligent thoughts posted here today. I PO everything Marvel and DC and decided not to get this earlier. But after reading the 10 pages of posts since I last was here, I think I may have changed my mind.

My initial thoughts were, I'll wait it out and see if I can get one laster. However, with some influence, or more realization, here are the reasons why I may PO this.

1 - I don't have Origins Wolverine
2 - I want a Wolverine in my collection and this is cheaper now than it or Origins will probably ever will be.
3 - I love the figure. The HS is ok, but I too am not a stickler on likeness. The outfit kicks butt.

I think Buttmunch may be right with the idea that less produced = higher aftermarket prices. And I definitely think HT or SS priced this higher because of what Origins is selling for in the aftermarket.

The only thing that makes no sense for me, how can HT put Hulk out for less than most expected and this way higher? I'm hoping this may be an isolated price spike with this figure. And I don't knoe why. We'll know if the next few figure come out cheaper or the same price but more accessories.

I didn't pre order the first one but picked it just as it started to disappear so it was great timing there. Then picked up a second from Hastings on the cheap for a base to build my Creed on. Back when it was the only muscle body you could buy. Finally picked up another body from ebay and sold off the complete figure which covered the cost of everything. Love when people change their tune about how they feel about a figure after its too late.

I don't know if the $235 price tag will hold or not, but I do know one thing, I won't be paying it. I've jumped on way to many figures thinking I just had to have them in my collection, and thought I was getting them at the best price possible through retail. It really hasn't worked out for me b/c the game has changed and lets face it these are not special edition exclusive collectibles any more, and these prices are jacked. I'm just going to roll the dice and hold out and see if the price drops to $200 (that I can do). I'm just not going to let HT ram me from behind this blatantly (I'm getting kind of sore back there:(). Even if it does sky rocket in value on the secondary market I have a feeling all of us will get a second chance with The Wolverine collectibles very soon.

Back