Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't pass on a lot of figures... but this is getting a pass. I'm happy with my Wolverine origins figure.

This is a lot of money for what you get.

That said, I won't leave the hobby. This just makes me be much more selective when buying a figure. I used to buy everything that came out from the Prison Break Figures to the Iron Men, but now I hardly buy at all. I want all of the Avengers, all of the Batmen, all of the odd and end figures like Tron but I can't anymore. The extra $80 - $100 a figure is too much. I still love me some Hot Toys, but I just can't have them all anymore.

:exactly:

I'd get this at tha price if the contents in the box were worthy of that pricem but it's not :(

This was one of the very few upcoming figures i want, and they make it far to hard to want it with their overpricing.

Wait... The E-Web Cannon isn't made out of polystone. It's plastic, too. :lol

He thought he had a slam dunk with that polystone defense...haha

tumblr_m83e6vOl5B1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

I shop at BBTS because it allows me to combine items to reduce shipping so from that prespective its better , however side show does give you points on certains Hot Toys products that can be used towards other purchases also BBTS on most things does not require a NRD unlike Side Show which does not to mention I for one like the delay as it provided we with a chance to further decide if I want the figure or not

I preordered one from BBTS because $214.99+$9.19(shipping)=$224.18, while Sideshow charges me $234.99+$17.04(tax)=$252.03.

I live in Los Angeles.

This is a lot of money for what you get.

That said, I won't leave the hobby. This just makes me be much more selective when buying a figure. I used to buy everything that came out from the Prison Break Figures to the Iron Men, but now I hardly buy at all. I want all of the Avengers, all of the Batmen, all of the odd and end figures like Tron but I can't anymore. The extra $80 - $100 a figure is too much. I still love me some Hot Toys, but I just can't have them all anymore.

That is what is happening to me...I have to be more selective with HT now due to the combination of higher prices and more product.

I think this figure may be the breaking point for many...it's almost as if HT is pushing the prices higher and higher to see at what price collectors will finally balk and walk away.

$234.99?!!?!! didnt think it would be that high.
easy pass for that price. :(
nothing special about this, will pick up HS on ebay.

Another mediocre sculpt from HT....looks abit comic-like and only see some Jackman in it....and the price.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own pretty much every Hot Toys Marvel figure to date (except Blade I think), but this one is an easy pass for me. I hate the head sculpt and the price is crazy. If people complain about the Hulk price, than this price is absolutely insane in comparison. Not to mention I already have the Medicom Wolverine which is fairly similar looking in my display. Clearly the Hot Toys is superior than the Medicom, but not worth this much money!

To those of you who love this figure, and will pay for it, more power to you. It just isn't one for me. Just like I will be passing on the forthcoming Agent Coulson since he isn't a character I give a crap about. If only Hot Toys would make comic based characters they would get all my money. A comic based Colossus or Juggernaut? YES PLEASE!

This is a DX price. And I'd leave that cheesy base in the box. There's no good reason why this should cost even $200, let alone $235.

I was hoping to cut way back once I have the Avengers and the main Batman characters. This helps. Now I don't have to be tempted into the X-Men line.

Too bad, I really like the suit, can live without the base, but I'm not going to say pass, I'll probably grab this on Ebay if when the dealers start putting them at 180ish. I just can't see them selling like hotcakes at 200 +

I was hoping to cut way back once I have the Avengers and the main Batman characters. This helps. Now I don't have to be tempted into the X-Men line.

There will be no X-Men line if they keep up the ridiculous pricing. Not many will order. :lol

Bubble is going to burst soon y'all. I can feel it!

Too bad, I really like the suit, can live without the base, but I'm not going to say pass, I'll probably grab this on Ebay if when the dealers start putting them at 180ish. I just can't see them selling like hotcakes at 200 +

I decided to take this stance with the Amazing Spiderman. I think I'll add Wolverine to that short list and wait until they hit the market, HOPEFULLY, for a bit less.

At least they didn't ask for a NRD. I've simply stopped doing that months in advance. Why loan them my money for a year? Unless it's an exclusive, I won't be POing NRD items more than a month in advance.

There will be no X-Men line if they keep up the ridiculous pricing. Not many will order. :lol

Bubble is going to burst soon y'all. I can feel it!

In a way, I hope you're right. I'm pretty tired of the endless price increases with each and every single new release. It's unsustainable and unreasonable.

In any case, I'm done with HT and honestly, I'm actually relieved. :lol

I've never really been one to complain about price for something I want but really this is starting to get a bit out of control.

I only got into this 6 months ago. Could be a short lived hobby! Not seeing value here at all. Especially since I'm in the process of making my own custom Wolverine it's even less appealing.

My favorite comic book character since the mid 80's but I'll have to pass too I think.

In any case, I'm done with HT and honestly, I'm actually relieved. :lol

I can understand why. As great as the products are, it's a hell of a weight budgeting for all that.
Now, go and enjoy what you've got!

Back