Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

I think he looks pretty great overall, the articulation is about what I'd expect given the bulk of him. A 2nd set of arms (bent at the elbow) would actually be a great idea... But I'm guessing the best we'll get us a 2nd set if hands and maybe a neutral head.

Unless this is over $350 I'll be in.

Yeah, I think that's around the breaking point price wise.

Visible joints? No. Some joints? Yeah.

Preferably none at all but in this case there is no other option, it's not the end of the world for me but I know Hot Toys would have done it differently if they could.

Oh really? So... why is nearly every 1/6 ACTION figure (or DOLL if you prefer) made with more articulation than any other scale figure? Just go buy Premium Format figures if you want to display a figure like statue. Me personally, I like the merger between realism and function, it's part of the beauty of them..

It's not like you've made any point, you basically repeated yourself with new words. I don't have a big problem with visible joints. But the argument that it's nothing wrong with them because they are dolls/action figures is tiresome. Because they aren't the same as toys for kids. These are statues with articulation, they have the same purpose. You aren't supposed to play with these. They are meant for display. Realistic means no visible joints. If you don't want realistic then go and buy 20 dollar kids toys.

Indeed. Definitely needs the darker skin tone. Looks a lot less cartoony and cheap. Still needs some kind of elbow articulation.

I agree that a change in color tone would do wonders for this figure.

Indeed. Definitely needs the darker skin tone. Looks a lot less cartoony and cheap. Still needs some kind of elbow articulation.

Agreed. Don't worry, they'll probably include sculpted arms and perhaps articulated arms too for different poses.

yep head better be able to move...I was hoping arms had more articulation at elbows and interchangeable hands not arms but guess will see....I have no room for this one ,but will make room...Do we get two heads for him?

It's a highly detailed collectible meant for display, just like a statue. Only that it has the capability of changing poses. It's basically a statue with articulation. The argument that these collectibles needs to have visible joints because they are action figures is tiresome.

They NEED joints to be posable

With current tech it's either visible joints or rubber covered that degrade.

With those choice the answer is obvious. This should have elbow articulation because without it's not a posable collectible figure.

I have Jake Sully with visible joints and it's epic, but without elbow articulation it'd be bad.

Hopefully this will have elbow articulated arms or at least switch out arms.

With those choice the answer is obvious. This should have elbow articulation because without it's not a posable collectible figure.

I have Jake Sully with visible joints and it's epic, but without elbow articulation it'd be bad.

It could very well have sculpted arms. And a pair that has actual joints. Its not like Hulk is going to be coming with much.

Of course they need joints to be posable, but they don't have to be visible. Hot Toys does their best to hide them and when it's impossible they still try their best. I wasn't complaining about this figure, only suggesting an improvement of reducing the gap between the arms and the torso. That's all, I think the figure looks great! I'm pretty sure they'll include sculpted and articulated arms with interchangeable hands. What other accessories could they include? :dunno

To me it seems like this was just a "checklist" figure for Hot Toys to do just to complete the team. It just doesn't wow me or seem particularly inspired in its execution (unlike their brilliant Jake Sully.)

It's like they just sculpted a Hulk, through some pants on him and called it a day. It's certainly not impressive enough for me to feel like I *need* to complete the team. I think they just made it because they know many fans won't want to have a gap in their Avengers line-up and would buy it with minimal R&D.

549142_400397253355604_450306584_n.jpg

I didn't just repeat my point with new words, I reinforced my point with more words. I'm trying to communicate my point to you, but you have an opinion and it won't change. The simple fact is this is a product that is marketed with a certain level of articulation, an industry standard. It sounds like you want something different. Good luck finding it, I'm moving on.

It's not like you've made any point, you basically repeated yourself with new words. I don't have a big problem with visible joints. But the argument that it's nothing wrong with them because they are dolls/action figures is tiresome. Because they aren't the same as toys for kids. These are statues with articulation, they have the same purpose. You aren't supposed to play with these. They are meant for display. Realistic means no visible joints. If you don't want realistic then go and buy 20 dollar kids toys.

They are not statues, they are plastic toy figures for the people who likes to play with their toys and dont care about unrealistic exposed joints or stick up the figure's rear..

it sounds to me like you should join the statue crowd, come to the dark side my brother...

I agree other then the sculpt kinda disappointed with this figure/statue. I put that last bit in there because the lack of articulation is really what has me bothered (give us joints or rubber, just a static figure better off buying a statue IMO.

I have ordered the rest of the avengers team (except for IM 7, and he is a p.o as soon as available awesome figure.) Only reason I want this now would be to complete the team as it is imo the least inspiring ht figure from the set. (I was initially thinking this would be my second favorite figure behind IM7)

I'll buy it As soon as its for sale !!

They are not statues, they are plastic toy figures for the people who likes to play with their toys and dont care about unrealistic exposed joints or stick up the figure's rear..

it sounds to me like you should join the statue crowd, come to the dark side my brother...

:lol:lol

Frickin fragile and expensive toys!!! :lol

not sure how if I like the hulk. it looks good but wheres the joints? no rubber i hope .

Interesting that they went with the end fight pants instead of the beige ones every other company has been producing him with. I'm glad they did, it makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back