Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

I actually like this hulk but if anyone can point me to a good 1/6 scale avengers movie hulk STATUE, please do so. I'm seriously leaning towards a static one for hulk.

Sounds like you're not liking the visible joints.

There were pictures posted earlier of the Hulk in this thread where he had different skin colors, it's definitely the cameras.

Not what I said, I asked a question because I honestly didn't know. I've seen some impressive cheap toys with good paint apps and details, not accurate resemblance though. First you troll in the EB Men In Black thread claiming people who had QC issues were lying now you insult me here? Thanks.

Never say anybody were lying. All I say - And still say it - is that people look for defcts were they don´t exist and keep looking for reasons to justify the fact they can´t afford a figure.

There is no logical expanation for a "just pass" statement for this figure, for example...

Also would be very nice to know WHERE did I insult you, Mr. Sensitive?

Never say anybody were lying. All I say - And still say it - is that people look for defcts were they don´t exist and keep looking for reasons to justify the fact they can´t afford a figure.

There is no logical expanation for a "just pass" statement for this figure, for example...

That probably happens but no figure is perfect. It can just be a case that it doesn't jive with someone.

The elbows killed this for me, i can overlook other in-accuracies but not that.

Looks for defects? Boy you are still imagining things. So all of us with problems are just looking for loose knees, scratched weapons, missing parts etc?

Your insult was implying I was stupid for making a question and you ended it with a ":cuckoo:". And you insulted me again now with your last sentence.

I'll put you on ignore, that way I don't have to listen to your trolling anymore. Feels much better.

:)

You have a close minded mentallity thinking the only reason for people complaining is because they cant afford the figure. Remember everyone has different tastes and ways of thinking.

I do agree with you that some people nitpick about the slightest miscoloration in the inside of the mouth of a figure. But that does not mean they are just doing it because they cant afford it.

I kept saying this is an instant purchase for me thinking it would have joints were it most needed and no rubber; price was not a concern. But after seeing this, I am not 100% sure I will get it yet and whaever the final product ends up been, price will be a deciding factor.

I like everything in regards to the sculpt and pain and color, but poseability is what is bothering me. And if it bothers me too much, why buy something I won't be happy with?

I still think that HT need to change the color of his hair and skin, and it will look much more awesome despite the scale issue.
34ssf8x.jpg

210m0sm.jpg
Yeah colors (and pants!) need to be much darker. I'm really impressed with the head sculpt; you can get a sense for Rufallo's likeness in there, just like the movie. I think what's likely bothering people about the cheap look of the figure is how flat the green is. As you can see from this movie still, Hulk's skin is far more complex than just painting it green and calling it a day. There's a lot of blending involved (see the splotches of darker less saturated greens) and a lot more texture in the skin. Hot Toy's body is far too smooth and single-toned, which is what gives it that $19 figure look.

Wait . . . people like different things?

I've always thought I'm the only one I know who owns Nine Inch Nails' entire catalog because everybody else I know is poor.

I'm gonna chalk up the skin color to the show lighting/camera flash for now, but I think the pants need some weathering. Too clean.

Jake Sully was $315 with free shipping. Depending on what Hulk comes with, ESPECIALLY if there a second HS, I'm going to say $399.

wait . . . People like different things?

I've always thought i'm the only one i know who owns nine inch nails' entire catalog because everybody else i know is poor.

How the HELL have we not talked to eachother on this board yet?

And this figure looks incredible -- just like it should. Curious about the elbow joints (I'm assuming rubber skin), but wow. Love the paint apps, love the headsculpt (look at those teeth, holy nuts), love the veins, and love the chest hair (it had to be said, they nailed it).

How the HELL have we not talked to eachother on this board yet?

And this figure looks incredible -- just like it should. Curious about the elbow joints (I'm assuming rubber skin), but wow. Love the paint apps, love the headsculpt (look at those teeth, holy nuts), love the veins, and love the chest hair (it had to be said, they nailed it).

I agree, looks great. Hopefully they will give the full specs soon and tell once and for all if the elbows bend or not.

Still think this body is similar to RM used for the GoD Behind the Scenes.

Ill pay $450 max for this.Needs this in my collection.

Tsang was like "Dammit. Sideshow freak all crazy making comment about wrong color. I show real pic. Make freak shut up and buy! HA-HA!"

Yeah..

I like but damn not sure its worth the anticipated $300+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back