Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

Hulk just needs a better haircut. Other than that, no qualms.

Posted by Joseph Tsang:

376290_3005854444990_1724312144_n.jpg
Nioce! :clap

The neck and clavicle area are a bit too lean looking too. They do need to fill that in a little bit and yes, I agree the head could be tweaked for sure.

I'm honestly not that impressed. About what was expected. I don't think anyone who looks at my collection would be floored by looking at Hulk... they'll think he's a toy. A nice one, but nothing like Sparrow or Bats.

Om his left arm(right in pic) there looks like a hidden joint were the forearm meets ? is this to test us to see if we can see the elbow joint.

Last edited:

Dont you see what im seeing in the pic just above. the end of the forarm could be a ball and the upper arm the socket fitting together like most shoulders do. Its a possible way for hot toys to do hidden joints.

What's interesting to me is the flab under his abs for the rubber torso folding poorly.

Posted by Joseph Tsang:

376290_3005854444990_1724312144_n.jpg

WOW! Just WOW! I am VERY PLEASED!!!!

First the MKVII and now THIS! Again, WOW!

I'm definitely buying this! Maybe a double depending upon the price! I read through numerous comments from yesterday alone and see some liking him and others not. I never been a big fan of exposed joints on high end toys, so the lack of elbow articulation doesn't bother me. The other joints are acceptable enough to still make him pose-able and not looking too much like another Hasbro figure. I think HT accomplished a happy in-between. Like some else said earlier, this is a hard figure to do!

The earlier pics of him on display are just the lighting making him less green.

As for the leaner look, I recall the film makers saying his muscle definition shows better when he's straining or flexing. Judging by the face, this is probably the angry in-action portrayal of the character! Again, well done by HT! And thank god, no awful abdomen articulation like I seen in the Hasbro lines.

I personally hope HT leaves this one alone. I'm glad the arms aren't rubber since I've heard and seen pics of the problems with past figures such as Leonidas!

I think we may see some inter-changeable hands and maybe an alternate head and a thick sturdy display stand. I expect the price to be around $300 to $400 simply due to his overall size (20" - WOW!:horror) and weight! Let's face it, this one will be expensive to ship overseas.

THANK YOU HOT TOYS! JOB WELL DONE! HULK SMASH!!!! :clap

:rock:fireworks

I'm honestly not that impressed. About what was expected. I don't think anyone who looks at my collection would be floored by looking at Hulk... they'll think he's a toy. A nice one, but nothing like Sparrow or Bats.

Maybe because he's a big green man? :dunno Nothing about him is realistic, no matter how perfect the sculpting or paint apps are.

I'm definitely buying this! Maybe a double depending upon the price! I read through numerous comments from yesterday alone and see some liking him and others not. I never been a big fan of exposed joints on high end toys, so the lack of elbow articulation doesn't bother me. The other joints are acceptable enough to still make him pose-able and not looking too much like another Hasbro figure. I think HT accomplished a happy in-between. Like some else said earlier, this is a hard figure to do!

The earlier pics of him on display are just the lighting making him less green.

As for the leaner look, I recall the film makers saying his muscle definition shows better when he's straining or flexing. Judging by the face, this is probably the angry in-action portrayal of the character! Again, well done by HT! And thank god, no awful abdomen articulation like I seen in the Hasbro lines.

I personally hope HT leaves this one alone. I'm glad the arms aren't rubber since I've heard and seen pics of the problems with past figures such as Leonidas!

Where'd you hear this?

to those that are saying this looks too lean or toned, remember when HT cast a figure some of the detail of the sculpt is softened so they tend to over define the proto so the final still has great detail

Really hope he can be posed like this, don't like the stand up straight Hulk, makes the scale look exaggerated
avengers-hawkeye-hulk.jpg

Maybe because he's a big green man? :dunno Nothing about him is realistic, no matter how perfect the sculpting or paint apps are.

It's just the nature of making an action figure of a character so large... the "action figure" part is magnified.

Was hoping HT would come up with something amazing in terms of joints for this.

I don't see how this figure should cost anywhere over $300. Jake Sully is more impressive in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back