Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure this has been touched up on before on this board so sorry if this question seems repetitive...Anyway, I just received my mark VII today and although it is near perfect in my opinion. One thing has me confused. Before mine shipped, I watched several reviews. A couple of them said that they changed the rubber crotch to hard plastic, but when I got mine today, it is definitely still rubber. So, do you think this will fade like the rest of them?!

I'm sure this has been touched up on before on this board so sorry if this question seems repetitive...Anyway, I just received my mark VII today and although it is near perfect in my opinion. One thing has me confused. Before mine shipped, I watched several reviews. A couple of them said that they changed the rubber crotch to hard plastic, but when I got mine today, it is definitely still rubber. So, do you think this will fade like the rest of them?!
Only time will tell. My Mark IV from the Suit-Up Gantry set is still as red as the day I opened it.

mine delivered today, nice fig, but living in Canada I wasnt thinking the total cost..I paid like 350$ for this guy :(

Did you order from a online store or SS?...$249.99 plus ship and customs/tax should have been about $306.00 or less if you had a coupon code for him...the duty / customs / taxes would still be the same amount only since SS usually fills out the paperwork wrong....

My 2 mk 4's and 6 are still nice and red, no sunlight gets in my room so im gunna go with that

yeah not really, it can get humid sometimes I guess but its fairly dry

i'm in the swamp. it's hot and humid 9 months out of the year. i haven't noticed the PP syndrome on any of the figures but i live in the AC 24/7. it's just too darn hot here!

Last edited:
anybody in Ohio receive theirs yet? Or at least a shipping notice? I don't want to call my local store that I PO'd from every day and harass them..lol

I received mine a while ago But it was the exclusive and not the regular version.

I just received my regular Iron Man Mark VII in the mail today, but I have just recently decided to sell off all of my Hot Toys figures for personal reasons. I would have canceled it if it wasn't for the $25 deposit I had to pay. Anyways I am going to photo and package up all of my other figures to sell. I don't plan on opening up the box for Iron Man or Catwoman when I receive her on Friday. I haven't decided if I am going to list them here for sale or just put them on Ebay.

Anyways here is the list of figures I own all from Sideshow Toys unless stated otherwise:
Avengers Black Widow (shipped on March 7)
Avengers Hawkeye (bought off of Ebay brand new unopened 3/17)
Avengers Captain America (3/25)
Avengers Thor (4/01)
Avengers Iron Man Mark VII (7/31)
Bat Pod (2/01)
Exclusive Catwoman/Selina Kyle (shipped and will receive this Friday)

I may be interested in your Catwoman if your price is fair. :wink1:

Arrived today!

Nice! :yess:

I'm in the same boat as you on this, really for me it comes down to what the BD final product looks like, I love the base and its great a stand alone piece. So I guess it kinda depends on how many other IM or avenger figures you have. If you have the group then maybe its best to keep non BD but if you don't have em all then as a stand alone I think the BD with the base is awsome. I saw the base at SDCC and it was amazing! Either way you can sell either one and make some extra cash on it so you can wait to make your decision, that's what im doing.

This is exactly where I am at. I'm more of a DC guy. I only have 2 IM's in my collection, the HT Mk 4 with gantry and the Mk 6 maquette from SSC. This is why I feel that the BD ver would be a better fit to my collection. :rotfl

Well does anyone know if Hot Toys ever acknowledged the fading issues and have done something different with this mark in attempts to fix it?

Well does anyone know if Hot Toys ever acknowledged the fading issues and have done something different with this mark in attempts to fix it?

I read it on Facebook or here that someone asked Howard Chan at comic con about the PP issue and he had said that they had been working on the issue and it was due to the silver base paint that made it fade and the problem has been fixed with the mark 7. I am repeating what I heard, I just hope its accurate!!

I read it on Facebook or here that someone asked Howard Chan at comic con about the PP issue and he had said that they had been working on the issue and it was due to the silver base paint that made it fade and the problem has been fixed with the mark 7. I am repeating what I heard, I just hope its accurate!!

Well thats a bit of good news! I really hope thats true because this mark 7 is the best Iron Man yet in my opinion!

Back