Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW...I just got a notice from my online store that Hulk was getting ready to ship...I was so pre-occupied with trying to find a Mark VII...I forgot I had Hulk coming!...

Thanks franpincho!:hi5:

Still moving in so please excuse the tissue paper & cardboard covering everything and wires everywhere ;)

I know what is like man! I once had ally collection in boxes for almost a year, as I was going through some difficult times, and made me move out with a family member. Once I found myself back on my feet though, got my own place and the first thing I set up were my figures!!! Everything else around the place was a complete mess!
And Monger is simply put the very best figure HT has made to date. Just absolutely amazing. And I'm not even an IM fan TBH. I just love robots.
You must know the feeling of owing that beast.

I know what is like man! I once had ally collection in boxes for almost a year, as I was going through some difficult times, and made me move out with a family member. Once I found myself back on my feet though, got my own place and the first thing I set up were my figures!!! Everything else around the place was a complete mess!
And Monger is simply put the very best figure HT has made to date. Just absolutely amazing. And I'm not even an IM fan TBH. I just love robots.
You must know the feeling of owing that beast.
:exactly: :lecture

Had to make sure the dollies got unpacked before the kitchen plates! Glad everything worked out for you & I agree Monger is a marvel of 1/6 technology!
The set up looks ace, yankee :rock

Thanks Hydeous! :hi5:

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

I'm curious to see how the HT Iron Man armors continue to evolve. So, is this one not sculpted by hand at all? Was that not the case with previous Iron Men, I wonder?

if you're talking about the RDJ sculpt, i'm pretty sure that hot toys uses laser sculpting to achieve the realistic look of their figures. they were the ones that perfected it and a big reason i feel that sideshow stopped attempting human (man/woman) sculpts on their 1/6 figures. hand sculpting just didn't cut it for collectors anymore.

if you're talking about the RDJ sculpt, i'm pretty sure that hot toys uses laser sculpting to achieve the realistic look of their figures. they were the ones that perfected it and a big reason i feel that sideshow stopped attempting human (man/woman) sculpts on their 1/6 figures. hand sculpting just didn't cut it for collectors anymore.

Hot toys sculpts their heads by hand still...

And Kara as for the Armors they have all been done in a computer the difference with the 7 though is Marvel actually gave HT their renderings, where as before HT would have to build their own

Wow it's $420 plus shipping at plamoya now :(

Movie Masterpiece: Avengers - Iron Man Mark VII (3rd Production) Iron Man ANIME ITEMS : PLAMOYA : https://plamoya.com/en/movie-masterpiece-avengers-iron-man-mark-vii-3rd-production-p-75683.html

If anyone finds an online retailer in which I can get one (besides eBay) please let a brother know. Thanks!

On Amazon they are down to $386 plus shipping...it may take a month or Two for Ebay to go down...

Awesome, Awesome figure!!! I just spent the last couple of hours trying as many different looks as I can. I love having a figure with several display options. 10/10

And Kara as for the Armors they have all been done in a computer the difference with the 7 though is Marvel actually gave HT their renderings, where as before HT would have to build their own

For exterior reference... HT still have to build the armor entirely on their own from scratch.... as the Mk. VII armor has internal workings(+exterior) of 500+ pieces to be designed and put together.

However with IM3 armors HT appears to have simplified thier armors, using less pieces. Shorter turn around time...

Mk. 7 would likely stand as HT's most complicated-piece till.... maybe Avengers: AOU.....

i thought i read they were laser sculpted. hand sculpted makes them amazing. i wouldn't think that much detail could ever be done by hand. would think 3D rendering with laser was the way they were made. i'm shocked! :thud:

i thought i read they were laser sculpted. hand sculpted makes them amazing. i wouldn't think that much detail could ever be done by hand. would think 3D rendering with laser was the way they were made. i'm shocked! :thud:

The only piece I know for a fact was scanned and printed was Sideshow palpatine and emperor 2 pack

Thanks for the info guys...I'm on a mission to get this guy at a decent price! Fingers crossed

He is definitely worth it even if you have to pay slightly more than retail. I know I got a good figure on my hands when I want to actually play with it rather than just throw it on the shelf:lol

He is definitely worth it even if you have to pay slightly more than retail. I know I got a good figure on my hands when I want to actually play with it rather than just throw it on the shelf:lol

Thanks my man, and to very one else who is making me want this guy even more!!! Lol

Any tips or leads is GREATLY appreciated :)

Post them here, send me a PM, send a smoke signal...ANYTHING!!! :)

Back