Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st post in this thread woohoo!

Welsh

:welcome :wave

I redid the face mask and jaw both on my mark VII. Here is a in progress picture(sorry I took it quick with my iphone). Still have to do all the finishing work though(nice clean black lines at the base of jaw, lines by the eyes, etc.) but the shape of the face mask and lower jaw are a done deal. I have never worked in 1/6th scale and all I can say is that it is VERY TINY! lol

Nice work! :clap

This could have been a nice exclusive for the mark vii

:exactly: Now THAT would have been cool instead of the gummy looking figure we got!

I redid the face mask and jaw both on my mark VII. Here is a in progress picture(sorry I took it quick with my iphone). Still have to do all the finishing work though(nice clean black lines at the base of jaw, lines by the eyes, etc.) but the shape of the face mask and lower jaw are a done deal. I have never worked in 1/6th scale and all I can say is that it is VERY TINY! lol

Excellent job lars! Did you take pictures of the process? I'd love to see it!

Where do you guys order figures from HK?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, my retailer is in Hamburg, but i think he has an asian source since he's always very early with deliveries...

I used to order at Goodshipped on eBay years ago, but since I always had to pay customs and his packaging was very... well, poor I switched to german retailers again.

Endosickness ordered at Timcent as I recall... he seems to be reliable.

Very nice Lars :hi5: much cleaner than mine.

looks like sideshow is getting their regular version last. WTF???? how long does the collector in america have to wait for this??? and it seems that shipping comes to florida dead last. i think it's BS that collectors were put off from may to june...then not even word that it will come in july...maybe. :slap

looks like the possibility that the regular will ship AFTER comic con is becoming a reality. still NO 14 day arrival notice here. :dunno

I've always wondered what all those companies do with the brown shipper boxes....there is obviously no value to them so why don't they just include them in the shipping?

I'm assuming some of the shops get them without the brown shipping boxes if they buy in larger quantities? I don't know but yea I don't see why would they keep them neither as there is no value to them without the actual figure going with it.

Sharing some more shots of the figure, :clap
ztdhet.jpg

2e5v88g.jpg

Hot Toys Mark VII does not come with individual brown shipper box and only has a clear plastic sheet to cover it.
The individual boxes are all packed as 6 boxes in one big brown shipper box as I open the box up to choose my individual Mark VII.

Thats the privilege we have in Asia when we go to our toy store to pick our figures instead of having it delivered to our residence.

looks like sideshow is getting their regular version last. WTF???? how long does the collector in america have to wait for this??? and it seems that shipping comes to florida dead last. i think it's BS that collectors were put off from may to june...then not even word that it will come in july...maybe. :slap

looks like the possibility that the regular will ship AFTER comic con is becoming a reality. still NO 14 day arrival notice here. :dunno

SSC is most likely waiting until they have the full orders from Ht themselves before shipping anything out.

its not necessarily SSC fault

Hot Toys Mark VII does not come with individual brown shipper box and only has a clear plastic sheet to cover it.
The individual boxes are all packed as 6 boxes in one big brown shipper box as I open the box up to choose my individual Mark VII.

Thats the privilege we have in Asia when we go to our toy store to pick our figures instead of having it delivered to our residence.

Wow! Which shop allows you to do that? or do you work for the store to get first dibs?

SSC is most likely waiting until they have the full orders from Ht themselves before shipping anything out.

its not necessarily SSC fault

i've been around for many, many releases from sideshow since 2004. i can't remember any item having this much delay. the fact that i've already received the exclusive and the 14 day arrival for the regular still hasn't come tells me that there is something up that isn't of the norm. now we read and see collectors from multiple other countries posting pics while we're still given the mushroom treatment. i think it has everything to do with the sdcc. sideshow is probably figuring we've waited this long, what's another week or two? :dunno

Back