Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

I really hope HT and Sideshow is reading this thread, they think we are stupid fanboys who will open our wallets with every release. I have been curious for awhile now how long it will take for most collectors that work and save to afford these figures to stand up and say ENOUGH!!! If we don't speak up now when will it stop!! I am priced out and I will be spending my money that I worked a back breaking job to earn somewhere else. I hope you are listening SIDESHOW, I am one of many that feel this way, one quickly turns into 2, 2 to 4 and so on, how do you make money when we stop spending money on your over priced products.

Side show probably has a 40% margin on these gives the resllers a 20% margin (the resellers offer a 10% discount meaning they make 10%) basically on a $250 product SS probably is making $110 when they sell direct (- $20 free shipping)

Those bastards :)

I really hope HT and Sideshow is reading this thread, they know we are stupid fanboys who will open our wallets with every release. I have been curious for awhile now how long it will take for most collectors that work and save to afford these figures to stand up and say ENOUGH!!! If we don't speak up now when will it stop!! I am priced out and I will be spending my money that I worked a back breaking job to earn somewhere else. I hope you are listening SIDESHOW, I am one of many that feel this way, one quickly turns into 2, 2 to 4 and so on, how do you make money when we stop spending money on your over priced products.

fixed :gah:

I really hope HT and Sideshow is reading this thread, they think we are stupid fanboys who will open our wallets with every release. I have been curious for awhile now how long it will take for most collectors that work and save to afford these figures to stand up and say ENOUGH!!! If we don't speak up now when will it stop!! I am priced out and I will be spending my money that I worked a back breaking job to earn somewhere else. I hope you are listening SIDESHOW, I am one of many that feel this way, one quickly turns into 2, 2 to 4 and so on, how do you make money when we stop spending money on your over priced products.

We get it. You don't like the price. You've posted it every othe page. Christ.

I feel for some of the collectors out there. I love HT's and while their products range from good to great, I'm only collecting certian IM and Batman figs so I can afford some of the other figures like Gordon ex.

I would love to get alot more figures but I'd be that guy in a ditch from the direct tv commerical after the wife found out how much I spent.

Every other page, you are sadly misinformed. I posted something on page 210, so one post is every other page???:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I'm sorry. I must've confused you with all the other people _____ing about the price that they won't change. Kinda blends together.

Nicely said. Sure others will take our place if we close our wallets on HT's and/or SS, maybe new fans who dont know any better about the pricing, when all us older collectors have gone through the various price hikes in the past few years and can see whats happening.
But i can say that the following pieces are sideshows lost/cancelled sales from me either because of NRD's or high prices.

Black widow PF
Black widow HT
Iron man MK VI maquette
Snowtrooper 12 inch (cancelled this morning to make room for iron man)
HT Comm Gordon (cancelled this morning for iron man)
HT Iron man MKI 2.0
HT Joker 2.0
HT Batman DKR
HT Spiderman (not that i could order it anyway being its US only for both EX and REG)
Hulk Maquette
C-3PO and R2D2 PF's (Both versions, yes i wouldve gotten both)
Tarkin PF
Stormtrooper PF
Maul mythos
All the LOTR statue line.
Joker PF
Galactus statue

And these are just the ones i CAN remember...

Sooo, as said, any new collector can pick up where we leave, but you can see how much business is lost on the above for SS from a fan/member who has only been buying from SS for the past 7 years, i dont go through BBTS or any of the other retailers in the US. And even the AUS retailers here can be very pricey.
only hit ebay for ones ive missed in the past which are no longer available on SS...

Leaving around 4 PF's, and 6 Hot toys still on my order list which i cant (wont) cancel which are mostly due between months of september - january.

end rant............. :rotfl

It's funny this same discussion happens every $25 increase in price. And yet for every person who is "priced out" someone else fills their spot, and the prices continue to go up.

This guy is only going for $219 at toys2. That's a big diference . Ssc cover shipping though in the states . $15 . So there's 15 left for them to pocket . Bastards!!

Buy it directly from Hong Kong?

This guy is only going for $219 at toys2. That's a big diference . Ssc cover shipping though in the states . $15 . So there's 15 left for them to pocket . Bastards!!

with toys 2 it's $40 in taxes and shipping for me in NC, so no better than SS with free shipping.

Solution: We team up, resort to a life of crime and start stealing Hot Toys shipments.

Nicely said. Sure others will take our place if we close our wallets on HT's and/or SS, maybe new fans who dont know any better about the pricing, when all us older collectors have gone through the various price hikes in the past few years and can see whats happening.
But i can say that the following pieces are sideshows lost/cancelled sales from me either because of NRD's or high prices.

Black widow PF
Black widow HT
Iron man MK VI maquette
Snowtrooper 12 inch (cancelled this morning to make room for iron man)
HT Comm Gordon (cancelled this morning for iron man)
HT Iron man MKI 2.0
HT Joker 2.0
HT Batman DKR
HT Spiderman (not that i could order it anyway being its US only for both EX and REG)
Hulk Maquette
C-3PO and R2D2 PF's (Both versions, yes i wouldve gotten both)
Tarkin PF
Stormtrooper PF
Maul mythos
All the LOTR statue line.
Joker PF
Galactus statue

And these are just the ones i CAN remember...

Sooo, as said, any new collector can pick up where we leave, but you can see how much business is lost on the above for SS from a fan/member who has only been buying from SS for the past 7 years, i dont go through BBTS or any of the other retailers in the US. And even the AUS retailers here can be very pricey.
only hit ebay for ones ive missed in the past which are no longer available on SS...

Leaving around 4 PF's, and 6 Hot toys still on my order list which i cant (wont) cancel which are mostly due between months of september - january.

end rant............. :rotfl

WOW that is a huge list of figures/statues that SS and HT you are now gonna pass on, that is a lot of revenue aka your money that they are loosing out on. I to am passing on most of those HT figures, I am just going to enjoy what I own.

Back