Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

yeah I don't know why everyone goes by Sideshows price, every other site is cheaper than them :dunno

Sideshow sells the figures to those other sites, so if Sideshow's price goes up, the retailers' prices go up as well.

wow! I thought this would be my first HT Iron Man, but when I clicked on the Sideshow link I almost fell from my chair. This piece is great and all and probably the best Iron Man figure I've seen from them.

But whenever you see the price you'll just go "This is f#*kin outrageous! Sigh... I guess I'll just wait til NECA releases their 1/4 scale and repaint it myself.

yeah I don't know why everyone goes by Sideshows price, every other site is cheaper than them :dunno

They're really only cheaper if SS doesn't charge shipping. Yes, if you don't want the exclusive, then get the regular, but with free shipping from SS, plus points, you're better off getting it from SS. Other sites might give you a little off, but then there's shipping, and sometimes tax as well.

wow! I thought this would be my first HT Iron Man, but when I clicked on the Sideshow link I almost fell from my chair. This piece is great and all and probably the best Iron Man figure I've seen from them.

But whenever you see the price you'll just go "This is f#*kin outrageous! Sigh... I guess I'll just wait til NECA releases their 1/4 scale and repaint it myself.

Get the regular.

They're really only cheaper if SS doesn't charge shipping. Yes, if you don't want the exclusive, then get the regular, but with free shipping from SS, plus points, you're better off getting it from SS. Other sites might give you a little off, but then there's shipping, and sometimes tax as well.

Alter Ego is cheaper including shipping and also gives points...

What I need to know too is when does it stop? If there is one thing customers hate is inconsistency and HOT TOYS prices are the most inconsistent thing I have ever seen. You NEVER know how much a figure is going to cost. There is always the guessing game going before a release. Look at the Hulk thread right now. Nobody has a clue how much it will cost and everyone is ____ting their pants over it. Why do some figures cost more than others when they have less accessories? Why do some regular releases cost more than a special (like a DX) release? These things were never really officially addressed and no one can say for sure why. I mean, will the next Iron Man cost $300 dollars? When are we going to see a consistent price? We all know how much it's fair to pay on a DVD, or videgame, or a TV, a car and even a house but you are telling me these mother____ers can make cost projections that last more than 6 months?

shakinghead.gif

What I need to know too is when does it stop?

when people stop buying :wink1:

but seriously, there are too many factors in pricing something like this to give one reason as to why they cost what they do. tooling, licensing, materials...they are all different for everything produced in a line like this. making one base cost would limit them to what they are able to do. which is good or bad depending on your outlook and what you want from these figures.

Yup, and you can use their points on everything: Sideshow has all kinds of restrictions on points usage which makes them almost useless.

It could have something to do with how many iterations they go through. If they nail one in 1 go, then it would probably be cheaper then having to do 10 or 12 attempts at a figure. That would affect price and be an unknown factor to us.

Seriously though, IM is all just molded plastic parts, much cheaper and easier to make than like the custom clothes Loki has. Plus, this doesn't even come with the Hall of Armor base that I thought they were gonna put out with all their IM releases from now on. HT is just getting greedy.

when people stop buying :wink1:

but seriously, there are too many factors in pricing something like this to give one reason as to why they cost what they do. tooling, licensing, materials...they are all different for everything produced in a line like this. making one base cost would limit them to what they are able to do. which is good or bad depending on your outlook and what you want from these figures.

True. Also even with price increase there will be demand. I was able to cancel exclusive for normal one and at least saved on shipping. I guess for me I recently got in to this hobby for avengers and dark knight. So hopefully no more other figures for me.

Doe Alter Ego box the shipper box? While SS isn't good about that, they're really easy to deal with for replacement parts. I'm looking to try some other stores.

TDKR Bane with "talking action", please. :pray:

:lol and you can't tell where his voice is coming from, it's perfect!

I'm a firm believe that SWAT Jim Gordon should have a ripcord on his back that when pulled makes him say, "We gotcha you sonova_____!".

Another good one! :clap

I like the retro pull-string idea!

PULL THE STRING!

06562-2.jpg

250 for an exclusive IM that will eventually get pink panties...

The price really is too high. Sideshow and hot toys shouldn't be charging more than 15 dollars for this. Anymore than that and it's a ripoff. When I'm done typing this I'll bike down to the shop and get a loaf of bread for a nickel and a gallon of milk for 10 cents. Mom and dad might fire up the old model t and we'll go on a car ride. Someone said something so stupid about a box that might show pictures...can u imagine that? Nothing will ever beat the old transitsr radio. :monkey3

The bubble will burst on these if it already hasn't. Like Medi, they'll price themselves into a full on revolt. The only thing keeping them on top is...well, they're on top. There's no challenges...no competition. EB is so slow to release and they still have some production kinks to work out, that they pose no real threat to HTs stranglehold on the market. SSCs is barely trying but they are getting better...but prices are still going up.

I think we are seeing the market push back cause now sell outs are rare. Everyone was like whoa when Fury went WL and then Hawkeye and now Gordon.

As far as blaming SSCs, I say they need to speak up. This site is dedicated to their product but the whole 1:6th scale part of it has been mostly high jacked by HTs. Too bad they hardly visit here anymore.

Back