Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

315_large.jpg

It seems that there's no option to leave the armor without the backpack and armor plates. at least not like this photo as i've seen in the official photos.

Looks to me at least the thighs can be switched to BD gold ones, and maybe just maybe the shoulder things can be removed, since you can swap them.

I think that the Mark I v2 HS is still the closest to RDJ. A mix of the two would be good.

114450dkizkzmjm3dm5dmi.jpg

558379_10150954904427344_271497192_n.jpg

I think that due to the photshop magic of Pauholmes, we can see that the hairline is ever so slightly wrong, the eyes are not quite big enough and are slightly too wide, among other things.
But, it would be silly to panic till the final painted sculpts are in hand with someone who has bought it.
Fingers crossed that this is like the Milla Jovovich incident, where the official Hot Toys head in the pre-release images actually looked very different from the final sculpt.

Does he ever have gold thighs on the mark vii in avengers?

No. But people in this thread have been _____ing and moaning since SDCC about the gunmetal grey ones and that they would prefer gold, so at least someone is telling them what people here are saying!

No. But people in this thread have been _____ing and moaning since SDCC about the gunmetal grey ones and that they would prefer gold, so at least someone is telling them what people here are saying!

Again, Kudos to HT! :yess:

I love it. This will be my first iron man figure! I'm glad I waited

Geez you guys _____ too much. All I'm waiting for is the preorder from SS!

Does he ever have gold thighs on the mark vii in avengers?

I went to see Ted but went into the Avengers which was 1/4 through. No he doesnt have golden thighs. I think they were grey.

I'll start by saying this...I am buying this figure, there are no 'ifs or buts'

Simple.As.

From that stand point, here is my opinion. This figure is probably the best IM figure I will ever buy. It just looks amazing what with all the additional parts and extras....

Which brings me to the head sculpt, I place this in the same category as AVENGERS Cap:A, I can see that a lot of people like it and I can sort of see why - but I do not like it myself. It will be in the box, just like the 'toothy' Cap:A head will be.

Personally I think that the eyes are not rounded enough, the hair line is not right, the cheeks are not round enough, the lips are not full enough and the figure just looks too damned young.

None of this is going to stop me from buying the figure in anyway way.

I don't know if it is mentioned before, but the figure has a designation: MMS185

and here are the specs:
~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~

The 1/6th scale Mark VII Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark VII in the movie

- Interchangeable head sculpt of Tony Stark with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr.

- Approximately 30 cm tall

- Over 36 points of articulations

- Special features on armor:

- LED-lighted eyes and circle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)

- One (1) interchangeable battle damaged mask

- One (1) pair of damaged shoulder armor

- One (1) removable chest armor

- One (1) damaged chest armor

- One (1) pair of detachable forearm rockets

- One (1) pair of wrist laser on forearm armor

- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:

- One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors

(white light, battery operated)

- One (1) pair of forceful fists

- Improved articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement

- Three (3) sets of interchangeable thigh armor (missile, armor & normal styles)

- Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor with built-in metal flaps

- Articulated flaps at the back of armor on left and right legs

- Metallic red and gold-colored painting on armor

Accessory:

- Figure stand with Mark VII nameplate and movie logo

Special Edition:

- One (1) Holographic Mark VII collectible (approximately 3 inches tall)

(This special edition is for selected markets only.)

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

**Battery included for collectible figure, AG1 batteries (6 pieces) and AG9 (3 pieces) are required

Release date: Q1, 2013

didn't he have gold thighs after he shot through the giant monster? He deployed his thigh rockets and the silver came off no?

didn't he have gold thighs after he shot through the giant monster? He deployed his thigh rockets and the silver came off no?

Yes he does have the gold thighs after the he kills the leviathan, you can see them more clearly when he's laid on the floor before hulk wakes him up.

After he fires off the rockets inside the creature the silver housing drops off.

Yes he does have the gold thighs after the he kills the leviathan, you can see them more clearly when he's laid on the floor before hulk wakes him up.

After he fires off the rockets inside the creature the silver housing drops off.

Really? Damn! Hadn't noticed that. My bad then.

Back