Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Yes we all remember the ongoing rantings of how the Mark VII was going to be the Mark III which didn't pan out. ;)

If you recall, I also often stated I was probably wrong and had more to with Saunders being back on the project. It IS based on his modular design from the first movie that wasn't used though.

Relax I'm only ____ing with you. The funny thing is Saunders was the go to man on everything Marvel Studios Iron Man and really pushed the designs he loved, simply tailoring them. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a bit of the designs he liked that were never used being used in IM3 and eventually Avengers 2

Relax, I'm not mad at you :p

It's weird he didn't work on Iron Man2. I want to say it's because he was working on other stuff at the time and wasn't available. You can certainly see a distinct design deviation between IM2 and all the other IM stuff.

dedguy, I wish you were right about the Mark III turning into the Mark VII. I really loved the look of the Mark III and felt that suit never got any love. In that new picture of the Hall of Armors from IM3, you see that Tony has all the armors rebuilt/repaired/remade except for the Mark III :( Still battle damaged...except for the helmet...why no love for the Mark III, Tony ; ;!!! I hate thinking that you just ditched it after the fight with Iron Monger for the Mark IV!

I think with the weapons stripped off there's a lot of be said for the Mark VII looking like the III… but even still now having more access to good images where you can see the details the Mark VII is the is pretty far removed from all the previous armor designs.

Watched the movie again this afternoon, Mark VII will be a marvelous piece.

While I will be buying this to complete my Avengers, I won't be buying the other Marks until they fix the inability to do the palm straight out repulsor pose. Well... I do have Mark 1 on preorder... and own War Machine... and IM2 Mark VI... but no more! lol

An acquaintance of mine was able to achieve the kind of repulsor-oriented pose you're talking about. I was at his place and took a couple snapshots with the phone...it's pretty much the best of its kind I've seen so far and really impressive in person--not entirely perfect, but it shows that HT wouldn't have to think very hard to enable those kinds of poses.

Last edited:

It's mostly the wrist armor that inhibits the pose imo. Even if the actual wrist articulation was better on pretty much all the suits the wrist armor makes it difficult at best.

With no modification other than just rotating the wrist armor around the Mark IV/VI can get pretty close.

Iron Man Mark VI by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Yeah what would be needed (and simple to achieve, especially for HT) is some sort of opening on top of the hand, all the while having some sort of extension to hide the open space and keep the wrist going. Can't believe a modder hasn't tried this yet.

0185a.jpg

It's mostly the wrist armor that inhibits the pose imo. Even if the actual wrist articulation was better on pretty much all the suits the wrist armor makes it difficult at best.

With no modification other than just rotating the wrist armor around the Mark IV/VI can get pretty close.

Iron Man Mark VI by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Awesome pic! I like the darkened background. Makes the pose stand out more! :clap

any chance he shows up this friday, or is this a couple of weeks out?

I think we'll see this by the end of the month with Hulk be the one that's revealed at SDCC

Yeah, they definitely need to improve the articulation on this one (especially the head). At the very least include alternate parts for different poses.

Hey everyone, just joined this forum and I don't even have my first figure yet. Preordered some of the avengers and the pics people are posting really help me out (or hurt depending on how much I end up spending). Anyway, looking for some help. Any idea if this Mark VII will have a Downey head? I am trying to get an IM figure but I cannot seem to get one. Ebay Mark IV and VI going for 350 and up so it is too hard for me to spend that much and not just kick in an extra 100 for the gantry with Mark IV. Any suggestions? Really want one with the Downey head sculpt and if this one has it, I will just wait.

Back