Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

I like the evolution of the IM suit so far - seems like a logical progression as Stark improves upon prior work. Having said that, there is a radical departure from the conventional design (while still being a suit) that would make me flip my lid with excitement: Hulkbuster armor!

Of course, we'd need a movie with a (totally kickass) plot to justify that...

I like the evolution of the IM suit so far - seems like a logical progression as Stark improves upon prior work. Having said that, there is a radical departure from the conventional design (while still being a suit) that would make me flip my lid with excitement: Hulkbuster armor!

Was originally the plot of The Avengers, I'm sure of that. Maybe they'll do it for Avengers 2, or maybe a stand-alone movie in phase 3. But at some point Hulk has gotta go rogue and Stark will have to take him down.

Was originally the plot of The Avengers, I'm sure of that. Maybe they'll do it for Avengers 2, or maybe a stand-alone movie in phase 3. But at some point Hulk has gotta go rogue and Stark will have to take him down.

Why are you sure of that?
The Avengers movie was heavily based on The Ultimates (v1 and 2) and follows a very similar progression - Hulk fighting them halfway through before the whole team comes together to fight Loki at the end.

I don't think Hulk as the end bad guy was ever going to be tbe story.

Ultimates in general seems to be their go-to for the movie universe which makes a lot of sense. Yeah I don't think the Hulk villain movie was going to happen. It was what was talked about a lot by fanboys but that's about it.

My personal thoughts on the Hulkbuster armor is that it would be awesome to see Banner and Stark working together… perhaps on a "just in case" Hulkbuster armor. Later it turns out the armor is needed to fight a non-Hulk enemy. I'm pretty sure Banner isn't in IM3… but I can totally see them putting Stark in Hulk 2. I actually don't care as much about seeing Hulkbuster or even more Hulk. What I really want to see is Banner and Stark working together more.

tumblr_m5mxkm6w1E1ryzt99o3_500.jpg

Funny pic. BTW that car is NOT the new Acura NSX.

A lot of those drastic changes are down to style rather than the actual design of the suit and many of the armor designs aren't actually armor. In fact most of them. More specifically maybe I should say most of them aren't hard armor.

I really was hoping we'd see some more dramatic helmet changes in IM3 but at least based on the image shown so far it doesn't look like we'll be getting that.

On the subject of style over design… as far as I know these two images are the same "design". The differences are just in the style of how they are rendered. Both are the "tin man" armor. I could be wrong but that's always been my understanding.

Image%202012.06.17%203:53:30%20PM.png

Image%202012.06.17%203:53:33%20PM.png

The first image is the Tin Man armor and the second is the Pentagon/Pre-Extremis armor but I think I understand what you're saying, the interpretation of a specific armor design can change depending on an artist's style. Hell, John Romita Jr's Bleeding Edge armor never seems to maintain the same look through the various titles he does.

No the second armor is not the Extemis armor, that's this one:

Extremis-armor.jpg

He wears the Tin Man armor at the beginning of the Extremis story.

So with the MKVII do people want the feet repulsors and back boosters to light up? Or will that be considered a pointless addition to the figure? Same for the red laser on his arm, yay or nay to light up gimmick?

Just some discussion to pass the time. And finally if it comes with a Tony HS, would you prefer a helmet less one or just a lift up faceplate?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Why are you sure of that?...
I don't think Hulk as the end bad guy was ever going to be tbe story.

From the after-credits scene on the Norton Hulk, Stark offering the services of a 'team' to help with Thunderbolt Ross's 'problem'. Pretty clear to me that was the original idea behind the Avengers, and that Coulson short was just a fig-leaf to cover the inconsistencies.

But we've thrashed this one to death on other threads.

So with the MKVII do people want the feet repulsors and back boosters to light up? Or will that be considered a pointless addition to the figure? Same for the red laser on his arm, yay or nay to light up gimmick?

Just some discussion to pass the time. And finally if it comes with a Tony HS, would you prefer a helmet less one or just a lift up faceplate?

Lift up faceplate! (can copy that scene near the end of the movie)
+ some heavy battle damage

Doesn't need more light than the others have.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I very rarely use the lights on my Iron Man figures but I like the fact that I know there there. I some times turn the lights on for my little boy when he asks, he loves IM but I'm sure the photographers like Dedguy will want them as well.

I actually don't like any of the lighting up. I'd rather not have it. It's not something I ever turn on for anything but photos and it's just as easy to add lighting effects through light painting or photoshop.

WTH?? Yet another Iron Man release???

AWESOME!! :yess:

This will be my definitive IM fig
since The Avengers is the very first IM movie i watched on the big screen :D

(only got interested in non-spidey Marvel movies after seeing Captain America TFA)

I'm really hoping you can do this… how he looks at the end when he's jettisoned all the extra gear so it's a simple stripped down suit with almost no gray metal bits on it. Would be cool but not necessary for him to come with the unmasked helmeted head where the mask has been torn off by Thor.

avengers_1020_955_70_s.jpg

Screen%20shot%202012-06-18%20at%209.37.44%20AM.png

This is looking cool and is a must-get.

I really hope they do a new Mark III at some point. The Stan Winston designed Mark III will probably always be the ultimate Iron Man movie suit.

It's actually Phil Saunders and Adi Granov designed :p At the point in time when Stan Winston Studios built the suit (they didn't design it) Stan wasn't even working any more in any event.

I really want a new Mark III as well. I really like all the suits but the Mark III still remains my favorite and as amazing as the AU Mark II is I really really hope a new Mark III happens. It's going to hard for them to squeeze it in though. Iron Man 3 already looks way farther through production than I think anyone was expecting.

There is NO WAY HT is not re-releasing the Mark III, especially after the Mark II was basically re-made. No sense in not using those new part molds.

They even have all the parts molded without the rivets since they're doing that Mark III Stealth (they are still doing that right?).

They even have all the parts molded without the rivets since they're doing that Mark III Stealth (they are still doing that right?).

Last I read it was cancelled, unfortunately.

Back