Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The catalog talks about a double-sided base cover, does that mean you can peel of the base and expose an adhesive of sorts?

An update on my deal, I'm meeting with the seller tomorrow. He agreed to unseal the box before I hand him over the cash. He sounds pretty nice and honest so far. I'm getting excited. :D

The catalog talks about a double-sided base cover, does that mean you can peel of the base and expose an adhesive of sorts?

An update on my deal, I'm meeting with the seller tomorrow. He agreed to unseal the box before I hand him over the cash. He sounds pretty nice and honest so far. I'm getting excited. :D

I think the base is just loosely held in place where you can just lift it up and flip it over.

And thats great news, its good at least u can see the fig in the box and check for any defects. Don't wanna be stuck with finding replacements on ebay

The magnet on the "clean" mask of mine fell off somehow, and now the mask won't stay on. Ideas how to fix? I have the "damaged" mask on for now, doesn't bother me much.

As per checking, it's still up there at SSC for waitlist, so i guess folks on the waitlist—there's still hope, right?

The seller sent his employee to meet me. It's exactly as he advertised/

Sealed in the box (I opened the seal):
IMG_20140206_094538.jpg

IMG_20140206_094559.jpg

The box was sealed with both packing tape and a yellow sticker that indicated what was inside.

And inside:
IMG_20140206_094835.jpg

IMG_20140206_094831.jpg

I only tested the LEDs to make sure they all lit properly then I took off all the batteries and resealed the box for storage. I couldn't display the figure yet since I live in a fairly dusty area, so an enclosed case is mandatory so no posed shots yet. :D I'm off to find a proper display case now.

I'm loving the detail on the figure! Given some of the comments in this thread, it's actually not as flimsy as I expected it to be. The paint seems flawless (to my eyes at least) and I love the deep glossy red finish on it. If I were to nitpick, the left leg missile pod did not sit as flush as I'd want it to be (it would teeter slightly while the one on the right leg was flush) even when I tried to reinstall it. It's not a deal breaker for me though.

awesome haul, e30ernest! Just curious, do you live in a desert of some sort?

That happened to me too, the glue HT uses sucks. Just super glue the magnet and it won't fall off ever again

Just got my MKVII on Tuesday and the magnet came off both masks and I was hesitant to use super glue but if it works, I'll be glueing the mask back on.

Nice score. I'm a little surprised your seller was willing to do all that. Had you found a major QC issue (no fault of the seller), the deal could have went sour and the seller would have been stuck with an opened product. Anyways, glad it worked out! :clap

Nice score. I'm a little surprised your seller was willing to do all that. Had you found a major QC issue (no fault of the seller), the deal could have went sour and the seller would have been stuck with an opened product. Anyways, glad it worked out! :clap

I guess neither of us thought of it that way. For me, I was more concerned about making sure that brown box actually had a figure in it rather than some t-shirts. :)

Either way, he's now on my list of sellers that I can trust. I'll be watching his classifieds from now on.

Speaking of which, I wonder if $250 is a good deal for a sealed MkII Unleashed?

Back