Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does hot toys or anyone make a stand that holds an IM figure vertical in the air so he can be in a hovering, flying pose?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Does hot toys or anyone make a stand that holds an IM figure vertical in the air so he can be in a hovering, flying pose?

Like this?

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

Or like this?

IMG_4771.jpg

IMG_4772.jpg

What is this type of clamp stand called? Trying to search the Web but don't know how to describe it haha.... #newb

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hello, been lurking around a while and just recently got into Hot Toys, finally got this in my local Forbidden Planet for €250 which I think is a steal so HAD to have him after reading some of the people's comments here, would like to say thank you for pushing me to get him, can't imagine not now :)

Welcome to the forum! :wave

:welcome

how did you modify the goblin clamp to do this? i would love to have iron man in a flying pose!

I use 10mm alu tubing, plug one end and fill it with resin.
When the resin is solid, i cut the tubing to size, and drill a pilot hole for the bolt. The resin just gives the bolt something to bite into.
If you skip the resin part, just get a bolt long enough to protrude on the other side and put a nut on there.
There's no modification to the clamp. You are just using the bolt to attach it to the pole 90 degrees from where it normally attaches.

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

Welcome and congrats on getting this figure! Your first HT fig?

My first Hot Toys was the Franco Goblin, never really was into Hot Toys but I seen it cheap and as he was my favourite character from the films I jumped at it and then saw Iron Man so had to have him, now I think I have the bug and want more of them ;/

Welcome to the forum! :wave

:welcome

Thanks.

Anyone know if it would be possible to get a blank body and some clothes and make a Tony Stark out of the head sculpt, I think it could then have the best of both worlds :)

My first Hot Toys was the Franco Goblin, never really was into Hot Toys but I seen it cheap and as he was my favourite character from the films I jumped at it and then saw Iron Man so had to have him, now I think I have the bug and want more of them ;/

That is inevitable with Hot Toys. They own you now. :lol

Soon I'll be broke living out of a rubbish bin, robbing old ladies to get my fix buying the latest Hot Toy...

I've made my flight stands the same way as Username, but I use solid aluminum stock and bend a 90 on one end, then attach the waist clamp to that.

Back